Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 08:39 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,408,942 times

Advertisements

There's a thread just like this. Maybe you should have entitled it "the urge to merge." J/K.

Mod comment: Threads merged. Thanks, robertpolyglot.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-22-2012 at 09:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 02:09 AM

664 posts, read 774,572 times
nope, never had a sweetheart, high school or otherwise.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:24 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,754,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrueRulz View Post
I did, but not straight out of school.

In the fall of 1993, I was in 11th grade, 16 years old. There was a new guy in my Chemistry class on the first day of school...I thought he was cute, but short (cut me some slack, I was a 5'7 teenage girl and he was 5'6 at the time) and a little shy and bookish. He smiled at me and we talked a bit, he said he'd just moved here (we were in California) from Ohio. I had a boyfriend at the time, but nothing serious. For the sake of Internet Anonymity, I'll just call him Future Hubby. Future Hubby and I talked a lot because we were both outsiders in school, we had a few friends, but we were too straight-laced to hang with the cool kids, too poor to hang with the preppies, and not smart enough to hang out with the real nerds.

Time went by, and by right around Christmas break, I had broken up with the boyfriend, and Future Hubby and I still talked, a LOT. I was having some "trouble" (I'll admit, a bit faked) in Chemistry class and asked him if I could call him sometime if I had some homework questions or something. So we exchanged numbers. I knew he was shy so I thought this little move might nudge him to the next step.

To my surprise, he called ME that Saturday and asked how I was, and if we could work on our Chemistry projects together. I told him that sounded great, and he came by my house. We had a great time, no kissing or anything, but a little handholding by the end of the night. We did actually do homework though, lol.

So, next day, my best friend asked me if I liked Future Hubby. I said I did, but told her not to tell him...and of course she did. So, from then until August of 1995, right after we graduated high school, we were madly in love, and had most of our "firsts" together (well, I had kissed a guy before but that was if) if you get my drift, and it was all surprisingly good for a couple high school virgins.

So anyway, we broke up when we started college. We went to different schools and had the "well we're several hours apart and its not going to work" conversation, and broke up, and fell out of touch for a long time. I thought about him a lot, and every guy I ever dated, even the good ones, I always compared to Future Hubby. Once my parents told me that his parents were moving back to Ohio, I figured he would end up back there too (we are actually moving from Cali to Ohio now, but that's another story). It turns out he stayed in Cali since he had a post-college job already lined up, but I didn't know that at the time...this was probably in spring or summer of 1998.

Then, almost 6 years after we broke up, in March of 2001, I was getting lunch at Subway...and I heard a familiar voice behind me say "Hey, CrueRulz (of course he used my actual name)!" I turned around, and was shocked, we ended up having lunch together, talking for three hours, and well, we started seeing each other again, the spark was still as strong as it ever was. We got married in August of 2003, and three kids later, here we are!!
What a great story!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships