Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 01:55 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,331,581 times

Advertisements

Some people close to me, namely, one of my siblings and my father, are particularly good at this. They can pick up good or bad vibes from people not long after meeting them. I'm the opposite - generally blind to these vibes. I have improved over time, but generally, I've not historically been good at "reading" people.

Are you?

If anything... although first impressions can deceive, I've found that there's something about a person's "look" (not the physical traits of the face, but rather, the "ambiance"/"aura" of it) that can give off clues as to what kind of an individual this is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2009, 01:57 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
Some people close to me, namely, one of my siblings and my father, are particularly good at this. They can pick up good or bad vibes from people not long after meeting them. I'm the opposite - generally blind to these vibes. I have improved over time, but generally, I've not historically been good at "reading" people.

Are you?

If anything... although first impressions can deceive, I've found that there's something about a person's "look" (not the physical traits of the face, but rather, the "ambiance"/"aura" of it) that can give off clues as to what kind of an individual this is.
First you have to learn to listen to and trust your gut instincts You're still young, your ability to do this improves with age.

Old 10-14-2009, 01:57 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
The older I get the better I get at it. My wife says that still have this compulsion to save people from themselves.

Old 10-14-2009, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
First you have to learn to listen to and trust your gut instincts You're still young, your ability to do this improves with age.
Ok, but are YOU a good judge of character?

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
Yes. I was taught to read body language at a young age to determine what a person was about and what they wanted from me.

9,444 posts, read 17,385,589 times
Quote:

Are you?

I'm a very good judge of character and I am rarely wrong. That haven't stopped me from making mistakes though in my life. Just because I know this person is a ******, doesn't mean I'm somehow still not drawn to him or her.

Old 10-14-2009, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Yes. I was taught to read body language at a young age to determine what a person was about and what they wanted from me.
And how does one "read" body language?

Old 10-14-2009, 02:01 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Ok, but are YOU a good judge of character?
Yes, I believe I am - but only after years of learning to listen to my gut

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
I'm a very good judge of character and I am rarely wrong. That haven't stopped me from making mistakes though in my life. Just because I know this person is a ******, doesn't mean I'm somehow still not drawn to him or her.
Is this something you've always had or something you developed?

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Quote:
And how does one "read" body language?
Oh, it's pretty easy to tell when somebody's lying.

On the other hand, I did get taken in by a guy who just didn't have any of the tells. He wreaked all kinds of havoc in my business before I dumped him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships