Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 08:30 AM

320 posts, read 954,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
Most men have no idea how to handle even one.

But by spreading their lack of expertise around, they think no one will notice.

glad you know and understand
i mean sheesh! Women in general are very hard to satisfy...i can't imagine having two or three or more as wives! be prepared for utter destruction (epsecially when its that time of the month)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2008, 08:38 AM

2,355 posts, read 2,182,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by girleylips View Post
Women in general are very hard to satisfy...i can't imagine having two or three or more as wives! be prepared for utter destruction (epsecially when its that time of the month)
That's what I am saying too...one man, in a room, with lots of women, and it's PMS week...hopefully he'll come out alive!

Old 01-11-2008, 09:02 AM

3 posts, read 8,851 times
Polygamy wouldnt work for me...
I think relationships should be based on equality.

NEWS FLASH...women also feel the urge to have multiple partners. I dont know why we were fed this BS about women not wanting sex as much as men or not needing variety. Its such a cop out for men. And what exactly are the "normal" duties of a wife?

Oh, and there are plenty animals that have monogomous relationships and also many that have polyanderous relationships. You should double check your facts.

I know that some people can have open relationships or multi-partner relatinships, and thats fine if its what all partners want, but polygamy just seems like an easy out for a man..a way for a man to have his cake and eat it too.

Old 01-11-2008, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyhossenlopp View Post
That's what I am saying too...one man, in a room, with lots of women, and it's PMS week...hopefully he'll come out alive!

oh for sure! guys will see that its was not worth it to have so many wives so guys go ahead marry as many women as you want , but trust me you will pay dearly for it

Old 01-11-2008, 10:13 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,827,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post

...you seemed upset by my post. Thinking I had judged...
Don't take things so personally, CR.

My post about passing judgement on Polygamy had to do with a common debating error, judging Apples based on data about Oranges.

It wasn't specifically aimed at you nor anyone else.

Old 01-11-2008, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakaya View Post
...polygamy just seems like an easy out for a man..a way for a man to have his cake and eat it too.
Easy way out of what?

If a man has five wives, that means he has five times as many people to support as the man who has one wife.

But, the five wives each only have one fifth as much cooking and housework to do.

Old 01-11-2008, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
Easy way out of what?

If a man has five wives, that means he has five times as many people to support as the man who has one wife.

But, the five wives each only have one fifth as much cooking and housework to do.
i believe she meant its the easy way out of cheating....

you have five wives...5 times the pleasure...5 different women? and they won't have an argument that he is cheating because techincally he wouldn't be

Old 01-11-2008, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by girleylips View Post

i believe she meant its the easy way out of cheating....
That's another example of seeing things through a different set of cultural filters.

In the United States, Polygamy is mainly practiced by members of extreme fundamentalist religious groups. They don't take multiple wives because they want more sex, they do it because in their view, it's the way of life that God mandates.

Old 01-23-2009, 12:56 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,853,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
Polyandry sounds better to me, but I'm not a lion either. And I can't afford to support multiple men anyway.
Yes, but now days, women are better educated. Eight of them could easily afford to support one man. They could pay the mortgages on 4 McMansions, preferably in a row, and support each other on things like child care. I'm surprised the woman's movement hasn't thrown their weight behind this!

Besides, women have always said all the good ones are taken. What's wrong with sharing? Most women could now get references before making such a momentous decision.

This HAS to be the future of marriage. It will end the era of serial monogamy.

Old 01-23-2009, 05:27 AM

1,570 posts, read 2,068,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrey View Post
Do you believe in Polygamy? Yes, or No, and why........

I believe in Polygamy, but do not practice it because my wife does not agree with it. My reasons are that if a man has more than one wife, he has some variety and does not feel the urge to seek other women outside of his marriage. As well, the normal duties of a wife are shared, giving less of a burden on one wife. The income level of the household is increased significantly if for instance the Husband works, and he has two Wives working.

Of course there are women who say "Well what about ONE WOMAN with multiple husbands?"

To that I point to NATURE. Do you see a pride of lions with more than one Male? A pride of lions has several females and one dominant male who is over the pride. When juvenile males born into the pride are old enough, they are driven off by the dominant male. There are no species on earth in this reverse order of nature. Men dominate, they are the leaders, the protectors. It is nature.

This is just one example. Men and Women both are still instinctual, flesh and blood creatures. We still can see 'alpha males' and 'submissive females' in our everyday lives.

If Polygamy were legalized, which in my opinion it should be, then it might become more popular, and for those who do practice it already, those people will live much better lives by not having to live in fear.

To those who would bring some of the immoral practices sometimes seen amongst some polygamists into this thread, please don't because this thread is about consenting ADULTS, not 14 year old girls forced into marrying 40 year old men with 7 wives already.

For those who may wonder, NO I am not a Mormon, and nor am I a Muslim. I am a Wiccan if you wish to know. A peaceful, earth based religion dating from pre-christian times.
Lions....hmm, you are aware that there are many prides in the kingdom that have more than one adult male lion? Most prides include two adult males. It helps defending the pride from other males. Normally the more males you have (adult) the better chances they can take and hold a pride for longer amount of time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships