Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 09:38 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,083,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttz View Post
I don't know why I even bother any more. I try to be a fair person but I am finally convinced some people just do not get it!

I went over to my gf's place so we can go out to a party. When I got there she was in her back yard and came in to open the door for me. She was almost ready but had a few things to do to get ready. As I come in to put my bags down she tells me she was just out back taking a smoke break chatting with the painter and gives me a very quick peck on the lips and rushes off to finish up getting ready. She says I'm running late let me finish up getting ready...

I got annoyed right away. It just seemed like she was acting a little weird about it. The painter was no where to be found and left from the back to the other side of the complex. I poked my head out the back porch just to see if I could see who it was. Yes I got jealous and was upset that she did not have time to give me a proper hug and greet me for more than 1 second, but yet had time to sit and chit chat with a painter for who knows how long right before I arrived! My issue is atleast spend ~30 seconds or so with me giving me a hug and kiss and talking to me, especially since she has not seen me in over a week! Made me feel like crap to say the least. I know for a fact if the roles were reversed she would be ticked off, and she has done it before. When I tried to talk to her about it later on she did not see it my way and said I just was mad before I even came in. That was not the case. I just would like a little courtesy.

Anyway I got in a mood and just grabbed a beer and tried and shake it off. But then she was ticked off at me thinking I came over with an attitude. Unfortunately, the mood was set for the evening and the rest of the night was down hill from there, but that's another thread.
Nahhhh, I wouldn't be ticked if I were you. It's probably not even anything she gave a second thought to. Besides, she was probably saving the best for last. Like that Whitney Houston song "Saving All My Love For You".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 09:39 AM
ttz ttz started this thread

677 posts, read 1,668,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanBlasphemy View Post
Here's a huge problem. It's so big that it can cause peoples worlds to collapse.

It's not only you, but just listen for a moment.

If I had to make one statement that I believed to be absolute truth, it would have to be this:

Most of the problems that people face are because they are unable to look at things from anothers point of view.
Excellent point. I have always thought this, and you are right. Sometimes we get caught up in the moment and do not see it so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Something tells me there is more to your suspicions than what you're sharing in this thread. Have you guys been going through any rough patches recently? Perhaps your frustration over having to be the first one to show affection is starting to wear thin and now it's gnawing away at your confidence.
This is exactly it. Yes we have had some very bad patches for a while now. Things have been very bad. I am a little hurt as I feel I have been trying more than her at times, but other times I have not and am being a jerk due to the resentment. I just told her that it's of my opinion that we both have not been trying 100% for a while now and it has taken a toll on us...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships