Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2009, 05:02 PM

81 posts, read 300,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
Okay, so now we know a bit more about this man. He's a lot older than you and out of shape. Obviously he's not a 'hot' 44 year old.

There is nothing wrong with having doubts. What you need to do is figure out what you want to do about this. Do you live with this man? Does he support you?
He is about 110 kilos (242 pounds) and I am about 50 kilos (110 pounds).

Yes we live together, at his house (stupid mistake on my part). My name was never put on the lease because he said it was "too much hassle". No he doesnt support me, I pay my way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 05:04 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,737,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretlySad View Post
Despite what some may think of me, I find it close to impossible to put myself first, and I beat myself up a lot about the smallest things. I really need to learn to start focusing on me and my wants instead of being so concerned with hurting others. It's easy to say, but very hard to put into action.
Yeah, it's always difficult for the one going thru the emotions. But what needs to be done "has" to be done.

Quote:
I am sorry to hear about your stepgrandmother, miu. This is one of the things I fear in later life should we stay together. He eats terribly, is overweight and never exercises. He doesn't like being "nagged" and hates being doubted, so I have never gotten on his case about it, but I wish he would do something.

Old 11-11-2009, 05:06 PM

Quote:
He is about 110 kilos (242 pounds) and I am about 50 kilos (110 pounds).

Yes we live together, at his house (stupid mistake on my part). My name was never put on the lease because he said it was "too much hassle". No he doesnt support me, I pay my way.
What's his height?

Too much hassle? So he's probably prepared for the "you will leave" situation

Old 11-11-2009, 05:09 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,080,913 times
I agree with Antlered Chamataka. Most older guys will want to stay in shape and make an effort to stay or get fit for a younger lady. (or perhaps a lady the same age).

We should want to be healthy for our partners so we can be here awhile.
Does he drink and smoke, too?

Old 11-11-2009, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Too much hassle? So he's probably prepared for the "you will leave" situation
No, I honestly just think he likes to be in control. Even when his ex moved in with him she said the exact same thing I did when I moved in "This is OUR house now, not just YOUR house". Before we were living together when we would fight and he had had enough he would ask me to leave... I guess he did the same thing to her and she wanted to make it clear that there was no more throwing her out of the house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
Does he drink and smoke, too?
He drinks, but he gave up smoking cold turkey in 2006.

Old 11-11-2009, 05:18 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,052,999 times
Quote:
No, I honestly just think he likes to be in control. Even when his ex moved in with him she said the exact same thing I did when I moved in "This is OUR house now, not just YOUR house". Before we were living together when we would fight and he had had enough he would ask me to leave... I guess he did the same thing to her and she wanted to make it clear that there was no more throwing her out of the house.

Ahhhhh ... here's your "out". Nag at him about his weight, get into a fight, provoke him to threaten to throw you out, and then BAM! Just leave! No explanation necessary. He told you to leave, so you're leaving! Am I genius, or what???!!!

Old 11-11-2009, 05:24 PM

Quote:

Drinks, overweight, eats, that's a lot of health problems in store. You know how messed up this can get when you are "working alone" post his retirement, with insurance and healthcare costs sky-rocketing, you have a cauldron of issues waiting for you.

He's pretty much your daddy figure, if he likes to be in control

Old 11-11-2009, 05:24 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,405,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
You're making the O.P.'s 17 year age gap seem like only ten years... she's got three years until she is 30, and her boyfriend is four years older than you. Just let it go. She doesn't find her boyfriend physically attractive anymore and it's time to break up. And there's no need to make her feel guilty about the situation.

Plus not all people age at the same rate. You could at 40 years old could be standing next to her 44 year old boyfriend and looking ten years younger than him. Or maybe you could look close in age. Who knows without any pictures? So there is no need for you to try to defend the sex appeal of all 40+ year old men to 27 year old women.

I'm 43, but what is the difference if I was 40 or 43? I am the same dude now as I was 3 years ago. And there is no big difference btween 27 and 30. So 10 year difference or 15 it doesn't really matter when you are 30ish and 40ish.

Damn right I am making her feel guilty about it because she is beating around the bush using "the future" to validate her reasoning when in fact right now she already says she views him as looking like a "dad". She is almost 30 and he early 40's and she is branding him as looking old enough to be her "dad"? C'mon....

Old 11-11-2009, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Ahhhhh ... here's your "out". Nag at him about his weight, get into a fight, provoke him to threaten to throw you out, and then BAM! Just leave! No explanation necessary. He told you to leave, so you're leaving! Am I genius, or what???!!!
Let me push you towards the gold star cliff

<seems I can't rep you again >

Old 11-11-2009, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I'm 43, but what is the difference if I was 40 or 43? I am the same dude now as I was 3 years ago. And there is no big difference btween 27 and 30. So 10 year difference or 15 it doesn't really matter when you are 30ish and 40ish.

Damn right I am making her feel guilty about it because she is beating around the bush using "the future" to validate her reasoning when in fact right now she already says she views him as looking like a "dad". She is almost 30 and he early 40's and she is branding him as looking old enough to be her "dad"? C'mon....
Would you mind answering the question I asked you, please?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships