Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 11:26 PM

888 posts, read 887,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
Unless it is like throwing a hotdog down a hallway I don't see how it can't get better

Momma, it's called PASSION...
Either you got it or you don't.
You cannot teach passion, dear.

Old 11-11-2009, 11:28 PM

2,383 posts, read 6,058,817 times
Quote:
Ummm. what makes you think that they can't be taught? What is it they do wrong?
I wouldn't waste my time! I'm just being honest. Teaching someone means that they have to recognize that they need to be taught! I mean, of course there are things that you can do to 'teach' someone without them knowing that is what you are doing, but if they are lousy in bed...no thank you! Good sex...ok...I can work with that! Lousy sex, NEXT!

Old 11-11-2009, 11:29 PM

2,383 posts, read 6,058,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDaysCopenhagenSkoal View Post
I'm starting to like you dvcgal !!!!

Who knew! But I don't like cats so...we are not meant to really like each other! LOL!

Old 11-12-2009, 12:20 AM

6,749 posts, read 22,084,465 times
Quote:
Now that is true...

Old 11-12-2009, 12:21 AM

6,749 posts, read 22,084,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcgal View Post
I wouldn't waste my time! I'm just being honest. Teaching someone means that they have to recognize that they need to be taught! I mean, of course there are things that you can do to 'teach' someone without them knowing that is what you are doing, but if they are lousy in bed...no thank you! Good sex...ok...I can work with that! Lousy sex, NEXT!
It actually turns me on to be the "teacher" molding someone but that's just me...

Old 11-12-2009, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Now that is true...
Finally sexy momma agrees with me...

Old 11-12-2009, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcgal View Post
Who knew! But I don't like cats so...we are not meant to really like each other! LOL!
many girls have told me that they don't like cats, but in the end, they all fall in love with my little Daphne...my ex left her here, she took everything else, but the cat! she's grooming herself now...good kitty

Old 11-12-2009, 03:33 AM

137 posts, read 233,464 times
Quote:

Yes you can. How do you think you get passionate about someone?...hmm..let's see...by thinking about them, imagining them much nicer than they are...thinking you don't have them, not taking them for granted....then comes a relationship...and you stop thinking about them because you have them, see them more annoying than they are because you focus more on the defects, stop doing anything for them because why bother when you have them.....and then proceed to wandering where the passion went.

It's like when you spend hours in the kitchen cooking something delicious and enjoy it...after which you start only spending 5 minutes making a sandwich and wonder why you aren't having a feast. Duh!.

That's also why some marriages become passionate again after an affair. Because they realize they don't really own eachother...freak out and open their eyes, and passion follows (passion either manifested by lotsa fighting and hating or love making, but passion nontheless).

What I'm trying to say is that anything (but for death) can change if you really want it. Only tricky part is what can trigger that change.

Old 11-12-2009, 04:11 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,584,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I had this discussion with a friend the other night.

This is just one reason people cheat. So, what does one do when their partner is a dud? He/she is great in every other area, they may or may not have kids and, in weighing things out, the sex issue is not a good enough reason to end the relationship or to not get married, right? But it IS a problem.

How would you handle it if after all the talks and effort, it became clear that things were not going to change/go back to what they once were?

Taking sex out of the equation, my wife is great in many ways. A genuinely nice person. Everyone likes her. She puts up with my idiosyncrasies. Not so great in others. Her work seems to be her passion. She defends her family more than me.

Putting sex back into the equation, there is just no passion there. Married 17 years. 2000- early 2009 of just being roommates. Back at it again, after I brought the subject up in hopes of something good. She just doesn't seem to care about it.

I am stuck with the good and the bad. I won't leave just because of bad sex. Almost had an........... well, it didn't happen. Good thing. My life would be a mess if it had. But I am still weak.

Dealing with it, albiet slowly. Hoping to bring intimacy and a desire for closeness back into the marriage.

Old 11-12-2009, 04:37 AM

20 posts, read 40,093 times
end it - sex is really important. It is another form of communication and if your partner is failing in this department and not listening or caring about your needs and wants things will just get worse as time goes by...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships