Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 04:42 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
All those of you attacking teatime are effectively driven by your own insecurities

Please get to the gym ASAP, some poundage loss will do a world of good

I re-read the OP and as blunt and brutal as it may sound, it's actually true. I myself have thought how some dudes can let themselves swell so much without the least iota of concern that their "nutty professor" mass is pressing upon their wives (some of them very good looking), so much so that she is sleeping her carcass in misery in her 1/7th part of the king-sized bed.
That's very disappointing, Antlered Chamataka, that you would think that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
AC,
Thanks, and you're right. I acknowledged way back on previous pages when someone pointed it out that I could have phrased it differently. But the underlying message is the same and is valid. I think that some are using the tone as a smokescreen to avoid the real issues involved.
What are the real issues involved? If you point them out I won't avoid them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2009, 04:55 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
That's very disappointing, Antlered Chamataka, that you would think that way.

What are the real issues involved? If you point them out I won't avoid them.

http://aesop.creighton.edu/jcupub/GreekDeerVineLionmini.jpg (broken link)

Old 11-20-2009, 04:56 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,074,604 times
I recently saw a few friends on MySpace.
One had her photo posted with her husband. I thought he was her FATHER. After 16 years, he got bald and fat. But he has $$$ so she got what she wanted.

Old 11-20-2009, 06:38 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,383,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
All those of you attacking teatime are effectively driven by your own insecurities

Please get to the gym ASAP, some poundage loss will do a world of good

I re-read the OP and as blunt and brutal as it may sound, it's actually true. I myself have thought how some dudes can let themselves swell so much without the least iota of concern that their "nutty professor" mass is pressing upon their wives (some of them very good looking), so much so that she is sleeping her carcass in misery in her 1/7th part of the king-sized bed.
she is entitled to her opinion. anybody can think/believe anything.

But it seems she is prescribing for somebody else, and IMO it's none of her business what others find attractive.

Of course, there is the health issue, but simply saying "ewwww!! how can she date that?!" is what strikes me.

Old 11-21-2009, 04:31 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,241,172 times
Quote:
AC,
Thanks, and you're right. I acknowledged way back on previous pages when someone pointed it out that I could have phrased it differently. But the underlying message is the same and is valid. I think that some are using the tone as a smokescreen to avoid the real issues involved.
"I recently met the spouse of a colleague. I was SHOCKED!!! He is fat, had bad skin and an ugly face there is"

You have yet to tell me what the part I bolded has to do with health problems.

No, I just think you are very mean person and you have to put others down just to make you feel better about your self!

Old 11-21-2009, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Forgot to state that I'm not going to respond to any more attacks. The person who viciously attacked me over my "former" SO who died added the last straw. It's gone WAY over the top now.
Then maybe you just need to grow up and not worry your little self about your coworkers spouse!

I'm the one that made the remark and I had known it was something that was true I would never had made it...I was just trying to make a point..Nothing else seems to phase you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But JUST maybe now you can see how you could hurt your coworker with YOUR RUDE remarks about her husband..

And about the bolded part your OP was way over the top...

Go have a beer and grow up......

Old 11-21-2009, 08:06 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,011,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Then maybe you just need to grow up and not worry your little self about your coworkers spouse!

I'm the one that made the remark and I had known it was something that was true I would never had made it...I was just trying to make a point..Nothing else seems to phase you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But JUST maybe now you can see how you could hurt your coworker with YOUR RUDE remarks about her husband..
And about the bolded part your OP was way over the top...

Go have a beer and grow up......
I NEVER made any remarks to my coworker about her husband, so quit making up crap so you can continue your anger campaign. These were simply my thoughts after meeting him and they were never spoken.

And, yes, you would STILL have made the remark about my former SO. The fact that it COULD have been true didn't stop you from typing it since your aim was to be thoroughly nasty anyway. And the fact that it IS true that he died clearly hasn't made you consider for a minute that maybe you should back off.

I'm done. For all of your ragging on me, you obviously have anger problems and I don't deal with crap like that.

Old 11-22-2009, 05:39 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,383,949 times
i suspect this is a troll thread.

A healthy person doesn't get offended by what others do and say. In life, we wear metaphorical blinkers.

Old 11-22-2009, 06:30 AM

Quote:
I NEVER made any remarks to my coworker about her husband, so quit making up crap so you can continue your anger campaign. These were simply my thoughts after meeting him and they were never spoken.

And, yes, you would STILL have made the remark about my former SO. The fact that it COULD have been true didn't stop you from typing it since your aim was to be thoroughly nasty anyway. And the fact that it IS true that he died clearly hasn't made you consider for a minute that maybe you should back off.

I'm done. For all of your ragging on me, you obviously have anger problems and I don't deal with crap like that.
A NASTY person started this thread...If you can't take the heat learn to KEEP YOUR mouth shut!!!

You have to be the most RUDE person on CD.......

And the only anger I may have is for someone LIKE YOU that has the nerve to come on a public fourm and rag on some ones spouse!!

"I recently met the spouse of a colleague. I was SHOCKED!!! He is fat, had bad skin and an ugly face there is"

And YOU have still NOT answered what the part I have bolded has to to with health issues...

I've received several rep points for standing up to your rude ways...So I'd say that I am not the only one that feels that you are a rude person!

Like I said..Go have a beer and grow up!

Old 11-22-2009, 06:35 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,649,226 times
Quote:
I recently met the spouse of a colleague. I was SHOCKED!!! He is fat, had bad skin and an ugly face there is no way I'd want to wake up to every morning, and he was unpleasant and coarse, to boot! The colleague is attractive, nice, and really a good person. I know she's a devoted Christian, so I'm sure that's part of the equation but I'm wondering...

How on EARTH do you remain committed when your spouse has turned into a fat, unpleasant troll??? I'm not totally superficial, LOL. I've actually fallen for homely guys at times because they had absolutely wonderful qualities. But, to me, when someone lets himself or herself get obese, that shows a lack of self-respect and respect for one's partner, too. I can overlook a lot of things if the person is kind and talented, but obesity is something I can't abide.

What's up with this and what do y'all do about it?
Don't dive into that shallow end of the pool. You're going to face some hard times a head of you, and they won't be pretty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships