Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 08:42 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 115db View Post
What type of religion is 'agnostic' or whatever they call it?
I know of a few who are athiests but is that a close resemblence?
The term has a loose definition, it's not quite like athiesm. Agnostics believe in some deity, but not the same God that we know (The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit)

Agnostic definition
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2009, 06:22 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,220,959 times
Yes that's my question too - Agnostic Religion?

Sounds like you are in a trend of bouncing from man situation to man situation. Are you going to go to TX, find a job and stand on your on two feet or go to Maryland "and maybe never come back". Are you looking for a guy to provide direction in your life? Take care of you? What do you have (not materialistically) on your own?

Old 11-22-2009, 08:23 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,220,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
The term has a loose definition, it's not quite like athiesm. Agnostics believe in some deity, but not the same God that we know (The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit)

Agnostic definition
I didn't see this before I posted. I suppose there are all sorts of definitions out there and this may be one but I believe a more widely accepted definition of

Agnostic is - the belief that the existence or non existence of a supreme being cannot be known.

Some Agnostic may choose to have faith, but to be an Agnostic they have to ackknowledge that its not a knowable fact.

To an Agnostic religious believers and athesists are pretty much the same - they purport to KNOW.

My favorite bumper sticker: Agnostic: I don't know and neither to do you

Ok so enough with the thread hi jacking. I suspect the OP meant to use a word something like evangelical or pentacostal.

Old 11-23-2009, 11:05 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinaJo76 View Post
Mike, I know this, but if you knew more about me you'd understand that my problems didn't begin til I moved to Arizona back in 2001, right after I got out of the Army. I was going to go to Court Reporting school when my ex-husband realized how much it costed and I couldn't go. It was the only reason why I came to Arizona to live.

So, my problems began. I started drinking at that time and he quit going out with me anymore (we used to go out on some weekends when I was in the Army). I wasn't civilian but 4 months when I filed for divorce. I was single again in 3 months (because I didn't have kids and no property that I had owned). So, it was fast.

Then in April 2002, my life started getting better. I met a musician and lived with him. It was a great life, but then he got a little crazy 9 months later and I left. Then my father died in 2003 and my drinking became about 2-3 times a week (sometimes). Before I didn't drink as often or that much (no more than 3 drinks then). I lost my best friend, my father.

Then I moved here in 2004 and it got worst. Mike, this town really sucks, okay. I've lived in Texas (where I'm from originally), North Carolina, and Phoenix and never had any problems and such in those places. Only when I moved here. It's just draining me emotionally and physically (that's why I haven't been working out as often as I used to). I've never had rumors/gossip or talked about until I moved to this stupid little town, okay Mike. You obviously just shrug your shoulders and don't believe me or something everytime I told you.

I actually accepted the Lord back in Sept. 2004, but I had never went to church again until 2007. I went back a month ago, until this situation happened and I've decided to not go for a while. I really don't know if I'm really going to convert to another belief, but I need something to give me peace and such. Obviously those church folks don't care about what you do in your personal, private life. So, that's why I'm having problems in believing in a God or not now.

But what I'm going to focus on is getting a job by January and finding my own place. And going to Maryland in May (maybe I'll never come back, who knows, I don't know yet). We are talking now, but when he called me "crazy" the other day, that's the straw that broke the camel's back, to me. No one calls me crazy. And no one calls me a ***** either. I just don't like being called something that I am not....

Thanks...
LinaJo, I know you don't drink anymore, but from what you described, it seems like everytime something goes wrong, you resort to something, example - Your father passing away, you resorted to drinking. I'm sure you have the common sense to know that alcohol is not going to help you deal with these situations, and I hope you never resort to that again. Bottom line is, you should not resort to something that's not healthy for you, physically and spiritually.

I also know you're full of anger right now towards some people you know, and who live in the area, and the people in Prescott and Prescott Valley. You also have to keep in mind that you have to accept people as they are, you can't change them, and the whole town is not going to change to suit you, and it doesn't matter where you live.

I also know there is a big gap in age between you and your ex-husband. Maybe you should start seeing men that are around your age. You have to remember that older men may not like to do many of the things you like doing, they have responsibilities, like work, etc, and at the end of the day, they just want relax, and get enough rest. It's not rocket science, and it doesn't matter what gender you are, when you get older, you're just not able to do many things you used to be able to do when you were younger.

I hope you'll be able to find a job real soon, at least it keeps you from getting bored and trying to find something to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships