Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 03:11 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,435,509 times

Advertisements

So, what exactly makes a non-sensitive, "manly" man? A dude who sticks firecrackers up a cat's butt, wears NASCAR t-shirts and doesn't listen or communicate with his wife/girlfriend??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 03:19 PM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
So, what exactly makes a non-sensitive, "manly" man? A dude who sticks firecrackers up a cat's butt, wears NASCAR t-shirts and doesn't listen or communicate with his wife/girlfriend??
You forgot: a guy who forgets birthdays and refuses to eat with a knife and fork.

Old 11-19-2009, 03:29 PM

890 posts, read 2,786,011 times
Quote:
The Trouble With Sensitive Men......
is he is done before she starts.

Old 11-19-2009, 03:45 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcgal View Post
Well, you can say what you want but it was funny and I'm not the only one who found it funny! My girlfriends and I laughed about it for weeks after and even some of my guy friends laughed about it! I guess you had to be there to see the actual breakdown of tears! It was way too dramatic for me!
Good for you. Just proved my point even more. People with class and feeling don't do that to others.

Old 11-19-2009, 03:54 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,976,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKP440 View Post
Yet another example of why men in general are not taken seriously anymore. Men are not as sensitive as women period. Those that are as sensitive as women are gay. Those that aren't are straight. Men who are successful in their marriages have learned to fake the sensitivity long enough so their spouses will not complain about them being insensitive, and the hope is the man will get laid as a reward. There really is nothing more to it.

Like most others...I have been accused of being inconsiderate/insensitive or laughing at the wrong times as well. But the above is just a very lame, lame attempt at an analysis of manhood..really lame

Old 11-19-2009, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Good for you. Just proved my point even more. People with class and feeling don't do that to others.
one thing about it: women seem to have declared themselves to be above being labeled as_sholes. Ive been as_shole before..and it was promptly called to my attention that I was being such..but I do now make attempts not to be so acerbic when trying to understand other people's plight.

Old 11-19-2009, 06:23 PM

2,383 posts, read 6,058,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
People with class don't put others down on an internet forum and make personal attacks!

Old 11-19-2009, 06:25 PM

2,383 posts, read 6,058,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
one thing about it: women seem to have declared themselves to be above being labeled as_sholes. Ive been as_shole before..and it was promptly called to my attention that I was being such..but I do now make attempts not to be so acerbic when trying to understand other people's plight.

No one asked me how long ago this event happened or how old I was when it occurred! But make no mistake, that if i had to do it all over again, I would probably still laugh! You know a tiny portion of the situation, not the whole story! So it was very comical and still is to this day!

Old 11-19-2009, 07:06 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
People with class don't put others down on an internet forum and make personal attacks!
People with class don't get on internet forums and brag about how they hurt another person deeply and then laughed about it.

That was no personal attack. If you would have treated me the way you treated the person you had laughed at, that would have resulted in a personal attack.

But since we have never been in a relationship, you don't have to worry.

Old 11-19-2009, 07:45 PM

Quote:
No one asked me how long ago this event happened or how old I was when it occurred! But make no mistake, that if i had to do it all over again, I would probably still laugh! You know a tiny portion of the situation, not the whole story! So it was very comical and still is to this day!

Yeah, Im sure it was a riot. Thats wasnt really my point. The broader point was that generally people make themselves look like asses trying to be an incompassionate hard ass about other people's emotions.

Like you said, I dont know the particulars of your certain situation and dont really care to know (no offense). But it has come to my attention that weak people are supposedly something to mock today, and imo its not only lame to mock them, but when those ridiculed individuals go on shooting rampages then all of a sudden the laughter ceases...lol

But I agree, in the meantime it is "hilarious".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships