Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 10:15 PM

2,035 posts, read 5,038,096 times

Advertisements

My own???...How much space do i have..lol, no, seriously...

Achieving My Ambitions/Life's/Career goals..

My Photographic, Art, Poetry work..though i really don't write all that much any more...Though i will if something comes to mind..

Love the outdoors..especially the beach..Specifically, the ones here..

A dedicated Plant-a-holic...And i am very passionate about teaching people about them as well..since a cure for Cancer, Aids or Parkinson's may lie hidden in one's garden..

But, above all else, the one thing i am most passionate about, Thunderstorms.. From the time i saw a tree in our side yard get struck by lightning, and was both frightened and fascinated by this, i sought to understand the reason behind both feelings...

It was only once i Moved to Kansas, and quickly became acquainted with "real" thunder and lightning that i became totally consumed by a force of nature most people cower beneath...

I couldn't tell you how many hours i have spent either in the car chasing them or set up in a field w/my camera gear waiting to get the perfect shots...even at 4am

All i need to hear is the sound of Thunder and im out of bed...

The passion behind the fascination comes from everything i have learned from not allowing myself to fear one of the most amazing forces of nature...understanding and facing something this powerful is understanding life and the storms we will face..with the courage to weather them..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2009, 10:18 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,679,388 times
I am very passionate about my loved ones (family, friends, and pets) and about teaching/education.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:20 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,584,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by si33 View Post
My own???...How much space do i have..lol, no, seriously...

Achieving My Ambitions/Life's/Career goals..

My Photographic, Art, Poetry work..though i really don't write all that much any more...Though i will if something comes to mind..

Love the outdoors..especially the beach..Specifically, the ones here..

A dedicated Plant-a-holic...And i am very passionate about teaching people about them as well..since a cure for Cancer, Aids or Parkinson's may lie hidden in one's garden..

But, above all else, the one thing i am most passionate about, Thunderstorms.. From the time i saw a tree in our side yard get struck by lightning, and was both frightened and fascinated by this, i sought to understand the reason behind both feelings...

It was only once i Moved to Kansas, and quickly became acquainted with "real" thunder and lightning that i became totally consumed by a force of nature most people cower beneath...

I couldn't tell you how many hours i have spent either in the car chasing them or set up in a field w/my camera gear waiting to get the perfect shots...even at 4am

All i need to hear is the sound of Thunder and im out of bed...

The passion behind the fascination comes from everything i have learned from not allowing myself to fear one of the most amazing forces of nature...understanding and facing something this powerful is understanding life and the storms we will face..with the courage to weather them..
Oh I love thunderstorms at night! I wish we had those here in Colorado, but we don't. I miss good hard rains and night thunderstorms...

Old 11-21-2009, 10:33 PM

What part of CO. ??..Most of the state gets them, esp. during the summer.. esp.if the N.A.M.-North American Monsoon/ S.W. Monsoon is stronger than normal during July-Sept.

And yes, i can't wait until spring when the "summer season" type of weather resumes...I'll be somewhere with camera(s) in hand..on those evenings..can't wait to watch them come in off the Gulf or out over Tampa Bay ..Amazing..

Old 11-21-2009, 10:35 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,584,534 times
Denver. We get thunderstorms sometimes in the summer, but nothing like Houston or Georgia or Alabama.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:41 PM

Thats true..but at least you get some annually.. Back in CA. They are rare..like once every 3-5 years would we get anything other than a spark..not my cup of tea..lol

Old 11-21-2009, 11:39 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,009,617 times
Ooo, I love lightning too. When I was a kid we took a trip out to CA in the RV and we saw the most amazing lightning storm ever when driving through NM and AZ. That's really the only thing I remember from that trip.

Old 11-21-2009, 11:40 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
i dont think anything unless its fencing but even that well i gota be patient and its not always a smooth road. i think about it like a plant even when you are not thinking about it it still develops and grows, you just gota water and care for it.

Old 11-21-2009, 11:41 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,034,051 times
Dogs and gemstones.

Old 11-21-2009, 11:45 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,148,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRiss7383 View Post
Oh I love thunderstorms at night! I wish we had those here in Colorado, but we don't. I miss good hard rains and night thunderstorms...
I used to feel like that, when I lived in Arizona. But since moving to Missouri (tornado country), I dread them now. There is always the fear that they bring more than rain.

20yrsinBranson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships