Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2009, 02:16 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,255,619 times

Advertisements

Okay, so how many of you have ever seen the "Gorilla Girl" act? The one where the "nice, pretty" lady turns into a "gorilla" right before your eyes? I've never heard of this before.

Old 12-12-2009, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Sirloin steak, baked tater, salad, and an order of sauteed mushrooms.
After last weekends treat to Red Lobster, I was a little disappointed!
Wow, you know how to do lunch!

Old 12-12-2009, 02:22 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,674,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Okay, so how many of you have ever seen the "Gorilla Girl" act? The one where the "nice, pretty" lady turns into a "gorilla" right before your eyes? I've never heard of this before.
Wasn`t that from the advertisement of PMS?

Yes, we are still wallerin` and rollin` around from lunch!

Old 12-12-2009, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Wasn`t that from the advertisement of PMS?

Yes, we are still wallerin` and rollin` around from lunch!
LOL! No, this was a real "freak show" act, apparently.

Old 12-12-2009, 02:26 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,674,830 times
Quote:
Yikes!

Old 12-12-2009, 02:26 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,897,652 times
Quote:
Enlighten us, Mrs. Chow!

Old 12-12-2009, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
Enlighten us, Mrs. Chow!
Haha, no, that's all the info I have on it. Some family members were talking about having seen it many years ago. Apparently this woman comes out, and I guess there is a narrator giving some history on her or something, and then she starts turning into a gorilla right in front of your eyes, and then "tears open" the bars on her cage and runs out, chasing the audience. Supposedly people were so shocked, they ran screaming out the doors. LOL!!!!!!

My family members were saying they don't know how they did it, it looked so realistic. So I was just wondering if anyone else had ever seen this act or heard of it. My older family members had seen it at Circus Circus in Vegas.

Old 12-12-2009, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Haha, no, that's all the info I have on it. Some family members were talking about having seen it many years ago. Apparently this woman comes out, and I guess there is a narrator giving some history on her or something, and then she starts turning into a gorilla right in front of your eyes, and then "tears open" the bars on her cage and runs out, chasing the audience. Supposedly people were so shocked, they ran screaming out the doors. LOL!!!!!!

My family members were saying they don't know how they did it, it looked so realistic. So I was just wondering if anyone else had ever seen this act or heard of it. My older family members had seen it at Circus Circus in Vegas.
When I was in junior high, the John Strong Circus was still here and the animals were actually housed off the main boulevard here. We used to go over and look at the camels and the giraffes and tigers. John Strong Jr. was in some of my seventh and eighth grade classes. He's still in a circus and even has a website where he keeps in touch with other circus people. Anyway, the circus used to play in town in Thousand Oaks, and it was pretty cool to have a classmate whose father owned a circus and all the kids in the family had an active part!!! I remember they had a calf with two heads in a glass case (not living).

One of his adopted sisters around the same age went to school with us too. She did acrobatics and walked a tightrope. He stood on his index finger (must have been some kind of illusion) and they did shows in Las Vegas. He rode a unicycle and juggled a whole bunch of different stuff.

Then fast forward several years - I was working at the courthouse up in the Antelope Valley and his sister called in over the phone! They had some unpaid tickets on a trailer! I spoke to the sister, but I haven't met up with them in person since.

I don't remember any Gorilla Girl act or even bearded lady, but I'd sure like to see that - if it still exists at all.

Old 12-12-2009, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
When I was in junior high, the John Strong Circus was still here and the animals were actually housed off the main boulevard here. We used to go over and look at the camels and the giraffes and tigers. John Strong Jr. was in some of my seventh and eighth grade classes. He's still in a circus and even has a website where he keeps in touch with other circus people. Anyway, the circus used to play in town in Thousand Oaks, and it was pretty cool to have a classmate whose father owned a circus and all the kids in the family had an active part!!! I remember they had a calf with two heads in a glass case (not living).

One of his adopted sisters around the same age went to school with us too. She did acrobatics and walked a tightrope. He stood on his index finger (must have been some kind of illusion) and they did shows in Las Vegas. He rode a unicycle and juggled a whole bunch of different stuff.

Then fast forward several years - I was working at the courthouse up in the Antelope Valley and his sister called in over the phone! They had some unpaid tickets on a trailer! I spoke to the sister, but I haven't met up with them in person since.

I don't remember any Gorilla Girl act or even bearded lady, but I'd sure like to see that - if it still exists at all.
My grandparents had photos of a live cow that had two heads. My mom still has them... Kinda freaked me out as a kid, but I do remember feeling sorry for it. It might have been fine with it, though, what the heck...

That's funny about the sister calling in.

I'm sure the gorilla girl thing would be more effective if you hadn't heard about it yet, but it sounds fun. They said she grew hair (fur?) all over her body and everything, so I still don't know how they did it, but sounds interesting, LOL!

Old 12-12-2009, 03:19 PM

Quote:

I'm sure the gorilla girl thing would be more effective if you hadn't heard about it yet, but it sounds fun. They said she grew hair (fur?) all over her body and everything, so I still don't know how they did it, but sounds interesting, LOL!
I swear, I saw a TV program recently on something like this...it was in the summer, I think, a documentary, both me and the boyfriend watched it...it's a hormonal problem of some sort...

They capitalized on someone's embarrassing problem, and charged money for it, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships