Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2009, 06:57 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,669,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
A friend of ours makes Jello shots out of those. *gasp* *choke* She puts whipped cream on them, and then she says, "Try one, they're sooo good!" I was expecting dessert or something! Anyway, I managed to get a few down. I'm a trouper.

My cousin soaks cherries in it. Even worse!!!
Shew!!!
This reminds me one time in my earlier days....a party that was serving "homemade moonshine!" One for me, and I was outta there!

Old 12-18-2009, 06:59 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,895,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Shew!!!
This reminds me one time in my earlier days....a party that was serving "homemade moonshine!" One for me, and I was outta there!
Yes, I had moonshine once...a very looooooonnnnnnnggggggg time ago. That and the Everclear can shake hands.

Oh, and 151. Brrrr.

Old 12-18-2009, 06:59 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Kind of like I always say Coronas taste like skunk P%ss without the lime - not that I go around drinking skunk.
I don't know how Corona got to be the "beer" of Mexico. There is a couple others that are much better, LOL IMHO.

Pacifico, Modelo are a couple that comes to mind.

Old 12-18-2009, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I don't know how Corona got to be the "beer" of Mexico. There is a couple others that are much better, LOL IMHO.

Pacifico, Modelo are a couple that comes to mind.
Corona was "Spuds Suds." Remember Spuds Mackenzie? When it was OK to associate cute animals and camels with drinking and cigarettes.

Old 12-18-2009, 07:03 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
Yes, I had moonshine once...a very looooooonnnnnnnggggggg time ago. That and the Everclear can shake hands.

Oh, and 151. Brrrr.
LOL at the bolded!

Yes, I remember drinking 151 in high school. Of course, the big thing was to light it on fire in the glass to show how potent it was.

Old 12-18-2009, 07:06 PM

Quote:
LOL at the bolded!

Yes, I remember drinking 151 in high school. Of course, the big thing was to light it on fire in the glass to show how potent it was.
Wow! For me it was somebody's dad's vodka and orange juice, which I just hated. And beer. Everybody got real excited about beer.

When I was 19 or 20 I had a roommate/landlord who used to do shots of 151 before going to work. But his marriage was going down the tubes then. None of the rest of us cared to do that. I'll never forget.

Old 12-18-2009, 07:16 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:

When I was 19 or 20 I had a roommate/landlord who used to do shots of 151 before going to work. But his marriage was going down the tubes then. None of the rest of us cared to do that. I'll never forget.
I've been known to indulge in booze a little too much at times, I've never ever been compelled to drink during work hours. Couldn't imagine in a million yrs.

For one, safety, I work around electricity and mechanical equipment. I've dealt with some customer of ours one time and this dude was lit first thing in the morning.

His co-workers were telling me that he goes out to his car and gets "tune ups" through out the day.

He used to always just reek of booze. Sad really.

Old 12-18-2009, 07:17 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
Quote:
Wow! For me it was somebody's dad's vodka and orange juice, which I just hated. And beer. Everybody got real excited about beer.

Yeah, we did screwdrivers for a while; grayhounds (grapefruit juice), too. Grapefruit juice with tequila, tequila dogs; and with salt, salty dogs. I don't really like sweet drinks. I think I should probably keep my mouth shut at this point.

Wow, that guy didn't sound too happy at all.

Old 12-18-2009, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Yeah, we did screwdrivers for a while; grayhounds (grapefruit juice), too. Grapefruit juice with tequila, tequila dogs; and with salt, salty dogs. I don't really like sweet drinks. I think I should probably keep my mouth shut at this point.

Wow, that guy didn't sound too happy at all.
I think the first drinks I really drank after 21 were Tom Collinses, and wine coolers made with wine and seven up. Back then people really liked those Tequila Sunrises. And then later it was the Long Island Iced Teas. And so many people drank Bartle and James wine coolers.

Old 12-18-2009, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I've been known to indulge in booze a little too much at times, I've never ever been compelled to drink during work hours. Couldn't imagine in a million yrs.

For one, safety, I work around electricity and mechanical equipment. I've dealt with some customer of ours one time and this dude was lit first thing in the morning.

His co-workers were telling me that he goes out to his car and gets "tune ups" through out the day.

He used to always just reek of booze. Sad really.
Sad. I hope he got help eventually!

Quote:
I liked those greyhounds too. And gin and tonics. Sweet drinks were for after dinner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships