Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 03:14 PM

865 posts, read 2,432,675 times

Advertisements

...that you cannot be with? I have reconnected with the love of my life, but given the circumstances, we cannot be together. At least not for a while, maybe in a year or so, maybe never.

We had talked about us getting on with our lives, but I can hardly fathom that someone that called me his soulmate 2 months ago could be dating someone else now, which is what I suspect. Maybe he is trying to continue his life the best way he can, and I do want him to be happy, but it still boggles my mind that he could try to move on so quickly.

So....I think I need to get him out of my system, get over it, and move on. But I don't know how. Unfort. where I am now, doesn't give me a lot of opportunities to keep busy, but I'm trying the best I can. Any advice? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 03:16 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,047,807 times
You've gotta get over that whole "soulmate" thing. There's no such thing - unless you're talking about me and my bird.

Old 11-24-2009, 03:31 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,808,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
You've gotta get over that whole "soulmate" thing.
Agreed. Whats more ironic still is that a lot of people who claim soulmates exist will admit that they personally believe humans don't have a soul. Sorry but any human relationship will at some point fail you, even if it takes up until one of you dies. Then you get to spend the last ten or twenty so years alone.

Old 11-24-2009, 03:36 PM

I guess when I say soulmate, I mean someone who so rocks your world, when you see them you just want to touch them, someone who fills that every thing that you're looking for....does that come more than once in a lifetime, b/c I've only had it once, and with this one man.

Old 11-24-2009, 03:37 PM

173 posts, read 610,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgfurman View Post
...that you cannot be with? I have reconnected with the love of my life, but given the circumstances, we cannot be together. At least not for a while, maybe in a year or so, maybe never.

We had talked about us getting on with our lives, but I can hardly fathom that someone that called me his soulmate 2 months ago could be dating someone else now, which is what I suspect. Maybe he is trying to continue his life the best way he can, and I do want him to be happy, but it still boggles my mind that he could try to move on so quickly.

So....I think I need to get him out of my system, get over it, and move on. But I don't know how. Unfort. where I am now, doesn't give me a lot of opportunities to keep busy, but I'm trying the best I can. Any advice? Thanks.
I wouldn't say 'Soulmate' is completely wrong, or doesn't exist. I do belive that there are certain people out there that we bond with on an amazing level.

Getting over him is going to take time, and it's going to take a long time. First you have to look at everything, and if you belive that you have to give up on it, that it won't work. Then start by cutting of the contact with him. You don't need to be reminded of him constantly, it will do you no good.

Get on with your life, make sure you don't have any contact with him. The first few weeks will be hell. But after that it slowly gets better, and you will be able to go through days without him crossing your mind every hour. It's not something that will just go away, it's something you have to learn to live with. We can't change who we feel for. Some people we get over quicker, other people we never get over. But we can still learn to live with that, and get on with our lives.

Old 11-24-2009, 03:39 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,374,196 times
Quote:

Hi dgfurman,

The only thing I can tell you is you don't seem to know much about men. Other women don't get in the way of what we think about other women. "Soul mate" is a term women came up and men tell women what they want to hear.

Old 11-24-2009, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Amuse Myself View Post
I wouldn't say 'Soulmate' is completely wrong, or doesn't exist. I do belive that there are certain people out there that we bond with on an amazing level.

Getting over him is going to take time, and it's going to take a long time. First you have to look at everything, and if you belive that you have to give up on it, that it won't work. Then start by cutting of the contact with him. You don't need to be reminded of him constantly, it will do you no good.

Get on with your life, make sure you don't have any contact with him. The first few weeks will be hell. But after that it slowly gets better, and you will be able to go through days without him crossing your mind every hour. It's not something that will just go away, it's something you have to learn to live with. We can't change who we feel for. Some people we get over quicker, other people we never get over. But we can still learn to live with that, and get on with our lives.
Yes, I think I'll never get over him. But I'll try to move on best I can.

The only thing I can tell you is you don't seem to know much about men. Other women don't get in the way of what we think about other women. "Soul mate" is a term women came up and men tell women what they want to hear.

You may be right!

Old 11-24-2009, 03:48 PM

Soulmate is whatever you want it to be. It's you as a person that put any value to it, and what it stands for.

Old 11-24-2009, 04:21 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,315,264 times
Quote:

If this man really loved you, he would wait for you. He would not leave you to date someone else in the meantime. Now if you are a married lady, well now that's a different story.

It is a shame that so many of us make bad/wrong choices in mates and have to suffer the longterm consequences of our actions/decisions. So much unnecessary heartache, which is due in part to being young and naive. And often times to "settle down" just really means to "settle."

Old 11-24-2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
If this man really loved you, he would wait for you. He would not leave you to date someone else in the meantime. Now if you are a married lady, well now that's a different story.

It is a shame that so many of us make bad/wrong choices in mates and have to suffer the longterm consequences of our actions/decisions. So much unnecessary heartache, which is due in part to being young and naive. And often times to "settle down" just really means to "settle."
Quote:
If this man really loved you, he would wait for you. He would not leave you to date someone else in the meantime
You can't put your life on hold for someone, i don't know how long they have been apart. But he does eventually have to move on with his life, and so does she.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships