Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 01:39 PM

855 posts, read 1,384,192 times

Advertisements

Women prefer taller men, but that doesn't necessarily mean they won't date a man shorter than them. I think most, if not all women that deny height as the #1 physical requirement are lying. I've talked to women of varying heights and weights and not surprisingly, the main reason was to feel protected and secure, of which they supposedly don't feel when dating a shorter man. Even women that are under 5'0 or no taller than my height of 5'5 prefer a man at least 6'O tall. As they get older, they tend to relinquish their height preference for companionship, especially if having a baby becomes a priority and they've been unsuccessful in trying to land the "tall, dark, and handsome" man. Now, it's my turn to discriminate, pick and choose and discard who I want to date, taller and shorter. I was rejected and dismissed repeatedly for many years by women who sought out the taller man, and now they're interested in me because their window of motherhood is closing? Short, nice guys do tend to finish last, but I will never allow myself to be used and abused just for this purpose alone.

Old 01-12-2010, 01:52 PM

559 posts, read 650,999 times
A man's height is not a deal breaker for me.

I'm 5'2", and I've been with as short as 5'1", and as tall as 6'3"...

Old 01-12-2010, 01:57 PM

279 posts, read 625,124 times
My sister has been married twice, both times to men 5'7" and shorter (taller than her though).

Old 01-12-2010, 02:08 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,099,823 times
Its by far the #1 dealbreaker in the dating world,allot of american women dont just want their boyfriend to be taller theyll be insecure unless he still towers over them in their 4 inch heels..

Im all for having prefernces but when women coomplain about not being able to find a good Man and how theyre are no good men left yet could meet soemobdy whos taller then them in good shape nice face and compatible with them but they wont give them a chance because their not 2 more inches off the ground then u can do nothign but laugh in their face..

Old 01-12-2010, 02:22 PM

323 posts, read 806,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss90 View Post
I'm 5"8-5"9 tall ..do women date shorter guys..? or no way ..
will be interesting to hear women opinion.
Yes sir. There are several other threads on this same topic, and I'll tell you the same thing I've said on all of them: some women LOVE the short guys (and I'm one of them). I seriously prefer to date short guys.

Old 01-12-2010, 05:29 PM

855 posts, read 1,384,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amsherwo View Post
Yes sir. There are several other threads on this same topic, and I'll tell you the same thing I've said on all of them: some women LOVE the short guys (and I'm one of them). I seriously prefer to date short guys.
If you're a woman that's taller than my height, 5'5, or if you are generously tall, upwards to 6'0, I'd honestly say you fall into the 10 percent category of women who faithfully say they prefer short or shorter men. I would say it's more closer to 5 percent. The overwelming majority of women, regardless of their own height, prefer a man to be at least 6'0 or more. Yes I am generalizing, but I've received many answers "in general" from women who won't even look at a man who's shorter than they are or less than 6'0. You are very rare in this world my dear, but I do appreciate your honesty if you're being honest.

Old 01-12-2010, 05:49 PM

378 posts, read 1,206,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortnblack View Post
If you're a woman that's taller than my height, 5'5, or if you are generously tall, upwards to 6'0, I'd honestly say you fall into the 10 percent category of women who faithfully say they prefer short or shorter men. I would say it's more closer to 5 percent. The overwelming majority of women, regardless of their own height, prefer a man to be at least 6'0 or more. Yes I am generalizing, but I've received many answers "in general" from women who won't even look at a man who's shorter than they are or less than 6'0. You are very rare in this world my dear, but I do appreciate your honesty if you're being honest.
That is so NOT true. I don't know anyone of my friends who has this preference. I certainly don't... if anything, I would be less inclined to date a tall man. I've never even been attracted to any man who was taller than 6'0. My current BF is about 5'10 and I think he is perfect. Most women just want someone who is at least their height. I've dated shorter than me and it wasn't an issue.

Old 01-12-2010, 05:55 PM

1,719 posts, read 4,181,183 times
I suspect the copious amount of women in this thread who are proclaiming they have dated short men are only saying that so they don't look shallow.

Old 01-12-2010, 06:04 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,249,463 times
You really short guys need a little confidence from old Rugged. Angus Young (AC/DC) ring any bells? That little man has more b***s, energy and stamina than any other guitarists I have ever seen. I think he is like 5' 3" or something? I'm of average height, but it bugs me to see so many of you really short guys bummed out all the time! Rugged

Old 01-12-2010, 06:10 PM

1,719 posts, read 4,181,183 times
As has already been detailed in this thread, immense fame and wealth overrule what a man looks like. Bringing up examples of people like Angus is not a valid way to make a point.

For example, Wee-man (of Jackass fame) gets laid all of the time. Imagine if he wasn't famous...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships