Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2009, 06:16 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,310,013 times

Advertisements

Here is my story: I broke up with my ex girlfriend about a month ago and since we agreed to break up, we have not had any physical or sexual contact.

This afternoon, I came to her house and we went to the grocery store together. After we got back, I was feeling a bit horny and jokingly asked if she wanted to have sex, I was not expecting a positive response but she agreed to it and I was very surprised.

Anyways, I just got back from her house a few minutes ago and I kid you not, this was the best sex I have ever had in my entire life. When we were together, we would always argue over sex and we would go sometimes weeks without it because she has a low sex drive due to some health problems.

My dilemma is: We are oficially broken up and I really want to move on but the physical and emotional connection I felt today was very strong and I don't know what to do.

I don't think a relationship would work at this point because of our differences but I left her house very happy and satisfied, especially because I was not expecting it. Now,I am very confused and I wanted to understand why the sex this time was so good and so passionate, much more than we were officially in a relationship. Should we continue to have casual sex or NOT? I am just very confused right now
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2009, 06:19 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Here is my story: I broke up with my ex girlfriend about a month ago and since we agreed to break up, we have not had any physical or sexual contact.

This afternoon, I came to her house and we went to the grocery store together. After we got back, I was feeling a bit horny and jokingly asked if she wanted to have sex, I was not expecting a positive response but she agreed to it and I was very surprised.

Anyways, I just got back from her house a few minutes ago and I kid you not, this was the best sex I have ever had in my entire life. When we were together, we would always argue over sex and we would go sometimes weeks without it because she has a lox sex drive due to some health problems.

My dilemma is: We are oficially broken up and I really want to move on but the physical and emotional connection I felt today was very strong and I don't know what to do.

I don't think a relationship would work at this point because of our differences but I left her house very happy and satisfied, especially because I was not expecting it. Now,I am very confused and I wanted to understand why the sex this time was so good and so passionate, much more than we were officially in a relationship. Should we continue to have casual sex or NOT? I am just very confused right now
That's easy - because since you broke up and don't officially have anything to fight about or have stress over, you were just free to enjoy yourself.

This is also the same reason why sex is so good for people having affairs.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:22 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,264,921 times
Because you have commitment issues. No strings sex after being sexless is not really that crazy to like anyway. People are willing to believe anything in times of desperation. (give you a dollar if you know what movie that is from) But its true.

How good does the first bite of a meal taste when you had not had anything all day. PDG.
Sex is just like that.

If you want to continue thats up to you. But that is not going to look good to future partners that you just bang the ex and live in the past.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:35 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Yeah you need to move on...go find someone that is right for you.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:38 PM

6,454 posts, read 9,816,761 times
Plus you have to remember that you parted ways for a reason. What if she ends up pregnant? What if she has another guy on the side and suddenly it burns when you pee?

Too much drama for me to go back to an ex even for sex. Move on to the next woman, have that exciting feeling of someone new again and the feelings for the ex will soon fade.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:41 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,101,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post

Anyways, I just got back from her house a few minutes ago and I kid you not, this was the best sex I have ever had in my entire life. When we were together, we would always argue over sex and we would go sometimes weeks without it because she has a low sex drive due to some health problems.

LOL--this reminds me of the famous "Make-up Sex" episode from Seinfeld, where George went over to Elaine's to borrow one of her precious birth control "sponges" which she was hesitant to give him, since they had been discontinued.
George: "Elaine--you don't understand! This is Make Up Sex!"

Old 12-14-2009, 06:45 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
You see a lot of guys on here who seem to want to call women names for having recreational sex beyond a solid committed relationships. I'm a firm believer in good fun NSA sex but as a guy we loose the right to call a woman a skank or worse when we start to do it.

I would never call a woman derogatory names for what your doing, so I hope you understand you've joined the guy ho club. Welcome aboard.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:48 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
You see a lot of guys on here who seem to want to call women names for having recreational sex beyond a solid committed relationships. I'm a firm believer in good fun NSA sex but as a guy we loose the right to call a woman a skank or worse when we start to do it.

I would never call a woman derogatory names for what your doing, so I hope you understand you've joined the guy ho club. Welcome aboard.
A.K.A. -Manwhore.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:50 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,310,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
Plus you have to remember that you parted ways for a reason. What if she ends up pregnant? What if she has another guy on the side and suddenly it burns when you pee?

Too much drama for me to go back to an ex even for sex. Move on to the next woman, have that exciting feeling of someone new again and the feelings for the ex will soon fade.

We were together for almost 6 years and we never had unprotected sex,actually, I am 32 and I have never had sex without a condom in my entire life. Also, there was no drama when we broke up, we broke up over small differences, we were simply not on the same page but the love is still there.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:51 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
That's easy - because since you broke up and don't officially have anything to fight about or have stress over, you were just free to enjoy yourself.

This is also the same reason why sex is so good for people having affairs.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Because you have commitment issues.
Very likely...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships