Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 02:11 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,677,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
Not trying to be rude but it's funny that people make New Year's Resolutions they know they aren't going to keep. Losing weight/getting in shape, becoming a better person seem to be the top two. I don't do resolutions simply because I'm constantly working on myself year round.
This is probably true, but my husband and I made the same resolution last year, and lost 23 pounds in almost 5 months.
I think its all in the mind. You have to really want to change things, in order to follow through!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2009, 02:18 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
I think that there is something that I want to start doing now, not necessarily wait til next yr.

I'm a shy person in real life, til you get to know me. I often think that if we have something nice to say to people we know or people we don't know for that matter, that we should say it. Little compliments or even saying if someone did a good job at work or any kind of gesture that might brighten up someone's day. The flip side is also true too, don't be nasty or negative for no reason as well.

That, I think is what I'm gonna try and start doing.

Old 12-25-2009, 02:20 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,203,498 times
Quote:
Not trying to be rude but it's funny that people make New Year's Resolutions they know they aren't going to keep. Losing weight/getting in shape, becoming a better person seem to be the top two. I don't do resolutions simply because I'm constantly working on myself year round.
I used to see it that way as well. Now, I see the new year as a symbolic fresh start. This is enforced at work as well, as someone new to industry, with the implementation of new objectives for the year.

Old 12-25-2009, 02:21 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,654,534 times
I'm still trying to figure out my 2009 resolution. I have 6 days. Don't rush me.

Old 12-25-2009, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I think that there is something that I want to start doing now, not necessarily wait til next yr.

I'm a shy person in real life, til you get to know me. I often think that if we have something nice to say to people we know or people we don't know for that matter, that we should say it. Little compliments or even saying if someone did a good job at work or any kind of gesture that might brighten up someone's day. The flip side is also true too, don't be nasty or negative for no reason as well.

That, I think is what I'm gonna try and start doing.
Think positive Chow!! Thats a nice gesture.

Old 12-25-2009, 02:23 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,123,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
This is probably true, but my husband and I made the same resolution last year, and lost 23 pounds in almost 5 months.
I think its all in the mind. You have to really want to change things, in order to follow through!
There it is. You and your husband have what most people lack and that's discipline. You had it in your mind to lose the weight and you took steps to achieve that goal. Congrats on your weight loss booboo

Old 12-25-2009, 02:24 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,255,370 times
Go on a date, maybe? I also have some upgrades I want to make to my home workshop!

Old 12-25-2009, 02:28 PM

Quote:
There it is. You and your husband have what most people lack and that's discipline. You had it in your mind to lose the weight and you took steps to achieve that goal. Congrats on your weight loss booboo
Thanks! Yeah, we are both "stubborn minded" that way.

Old 12-25-2009, 02:57 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,042,967 times
Speaking of new years resolutions and gyms... I use to work at a gym for 2 years and it's common knowledge that gyms make a good portion of their money in Jan-Feb due to all the people who claim they would start working out again. By March-April, the gym would be back to normal because all the extra traffic would be gone but the gym would still be making money because the people would still be paying the monthly fees....lol

Old 12-25-2009, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphous01 View Post
speaking of new years resolutions and gyms... I use to work at a gym for 2 years and it's common knowledge that gyms make a good portion of their money in jan-feb due to all the people who claim they would start working out again. By march-april, the gym would be back to normal because all the extra traffic would be gone but the gym would still be making money because the people would still be paying the monthly fees....lol
:d
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships