Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 12:32 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,551,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
I think its funny. And I never really got into that type of humor until I opened up my friend base. It took living in a city to really appreciate the humor of charachter stereotypes like "debo" in friday etc.
LMAO! I LOVE Friday.

"I got mind control over Deebo. He be like "shut the f**k up." I be quiet. But when he leave, I be talking again. "
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2009, 12:35 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,583,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I was just watching Anjelah Johnson on Comedy Central and she is a riot. Love the Nail Salon and Bon Qui Qui skits.

I make fun of my own all the time and I make fun of myself even more. I'm not a fan of stereotyping when it serves to alienate. But it is based on truth and it makes for great comedy. Of course there is a time, a place and an audience for this type of thing.

How do you feel about it?
im not hardly offended by anything. im white and i love white jokes. im not racist. i laugh at everybody equally

Old 12-29-2009, 12:48 AM

3,284 posts, read 3,527,614 times
I love how there are so many comments on here about everyone being so open to racial humor, yet just about every one of them have been at the expense of whites.

Lol, somehow I'm really doubting all of you are so "open" about racial humor unless it's directed toward Caucasians.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
I love how there are so many comments on here about everyone being so open to racial humor, yet just about every one of them have been at the expense of whites.

Lol, somehow I'm really doubting all of you are so "open" about racial humor unless it's directed toward Caucasians.
Give examples because I really don't see the excess that you are claiming.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:52 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,010,901 times
Quote:

Actually, and this is my Indian/Native American/First Nations side talking, my sister and I disagree b'c I like humor about this side of my heritage but she doesn't like any or even football teams naming themselves after anything NA related. I can also laugh at myself and am usually the first to do so so you'd be wrong b'c I know I'm not unique where this is concerned. I think we bring up caucasian b'c so many are sensitive to the issue of caucasians being accused of being racist.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
im not hardly offended by anything. im white and i love white jokes. im not racist. i laugh at everybody equally
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
I once saw Asians doing an imitation of caucasians (sp) and I laughed til I cried, esp when they opened their eyes too big with their fingers. I was dying. And I'm half white.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
One of them is a retired aircraft mechanic in his late 70's. You talk about a great guy and he is a character. "I'm gonna put this wrench in yo a**, you crazy cra****!LMAO......

Oh just let the thread go a bit longer and you will see what I mean.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Actually, and this is my Indian/Native American/First Nations side talking, my sister and I disagree b'c I like humor about this side of my heritage but she doesn't like any or even football teams naming themselves after anything NA related. I can also laugh at myself and am usually the first to do so so you'd be wrong b'c I know I'm not unique where this is concerned. I think we bring up caucasian b'c so many are sensitive to the issue of caucasians being accused of being racist.
Ok, I think you described exactly what I was trying to.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:58 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,311,278 times
My ethnic background is Portuguese/Brazilian, so I don't think I will ever hear a joke about it because it just would not be funny.

I am a big fan of Black exploitation movies like Dolemite and I think Rudy Ray Moore was a genius when it came to comedy but I can see how a Black person would be offended by his stuff, it was very vulgar sometimes but very honest.

Old 12-29-2009, 01:04 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,010,901 times
Quote:
Ok, I think you described exactly what I was trying to.
So does this officially remove me from your good example of a bad example list? That's where I was in the post you quoted me in, right? I am, after all, half White.

Old 12-29-2009, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Oh just let the thread go a bit longer and you will see what I mean.
They're not being singled out here. There were two black and a Vietnamese reference along with Muslim, Indian and Asian all in one particular video. And the Caucasian jokes are varied and plentiful, not necessarily about them being racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships