Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 12:24 AM

5,879 posts, read 9,259,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
bought my 10 year daughter a remington 700 in .223 with a 3x9 leopold scope for xmas.
Nice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2010, 12:27 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,217,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
Nice
at least someone knows what i am talking about.

Old 01-10-2010, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
at least someone knows what i am talking about.
You know I'm the real deal brother. I was the only one that could translate your location!

Old 01-10-2010, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
Where are you from?
His location for the people that don't know? Massad Ayoob - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-10-2010, 07:48 AM

6,749 posts, read 22,101,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
I hate it when women are too dependent. I had a gf once who, at 40, still didn't drive. That really bugged me. She was also afraid to use public transportation. She needed someone to give her a ride everywhere. Nice gal, but that was one of the things that finally convinced me to walk.

But then I walked straight into the arms of the gal who would become my wife. She won't put gas in her car, go to the bank, go shopping by herself, drive on slick roads or at night.... The list goes on. I don't mind opening jars. She'll open them if she can, but I all the stuff she just refuses to do because she's never done it before... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR....

I had a boyfriend who wouldn't drive. That didn't last long.

Old 01-10-2010, 07:52 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,018,961 times
You know what I really like?

I like a woman who's strong enough to handle a LOT of things, but there are some things she needs me for. They don't have to be big things, just maybe "Honey, this is too heavy for me."

But she TRIES, honestly tries, before calling for me.

I like a woman who's into the partnership aspect of life. She recognizes that I have strengths and weaknesses, I recognize the same in her.

The finest woman I EVER knew was strong and independent, incredibly capable of so many things -- but she also (and this is key) WASN'T afraid to ask for help when something was too big for her. She was secure enough in herself and in our friendship to know that I'd never think less of her for not being able to do something, just as when I needed help with something she was good at she never thought less of me, she just showed me.

That was a friendship forged more than ten years ago. We were both military, went our separate ways, and became reacquainted on FaceBook some time back. She's just as independent as she was then and just as brilliantly intelligent, and JUST as willing to ask questions when she doesn't know or can't do.

To me the SEXIEST thing aside from a pretty face and a good brain is the ability to try, the willingness to endeavor to persevere MIXED with the ability to honestly say "I don't know."

SCHAAAAA-WINNNNGGG!!!!!

Strong, capable women are sexier than helpless, but strong, capable women who are secure enough to ask for a hand and not give it a second thought:

RAWR! GIMME-GIMME-GIMME-GIMME-GIMME!!!

*scratching belly and twitching leg*

Old 01-10-2010, 08:51 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,519,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMG1 View Post
I guess the women that are constantly going on about how they don't need a man, so much so that they can't even appreciate the kind gesture of a man...you know, the ones that get mad if the man opens the door for her, lol. I call them the pseudo feminists, lol
Once when I was about 50 I opened and held the door to my office building for a young woman who was probably about 35. She became enraged and told me in no uncertain terms that even though she was a woman, she could open her own doors and didn't need a man to do it for her.

I very gently replied, "Madam, I didn't open the door in deference to your gender. I opened it in deference to your age." and with that I went merrily on my way!

Old 01-10-2010, 09:04 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,018,961 times
Those women who like to announce decisively that they don't need a man for anything always evoke the mental response "That's good, because with an attitude like that you won't GET one."

Old 01-10-2010, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
Those women who like to announce decisively that they don't need a man for anything always evoke the mental response "That's good, because with an attitude like that you won't GET one."
Telling us guys, good luck being single doesn't help either! They haven't figured out, guys are guys and not into the same stuff as they are? Good luck with that approach ladies! Right, guys!

Old 01-10-2010, 11:05 AM

2,031 posts, read 5,040,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
Telling us guys, good luck being single doesn't help either! They haven't figured out, guys are guys and not into the same stuff as they are? Good luck with that approach ladies! Right, guys!
Cheers to that RUGGED..lol That one especially makes no sense.. I think that when a woman says this, she is coming from a place of severely jilted experience..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships