Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 08:51 PM

2,031 posts, read 5,049,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Your a daddy? Congrats to you....boy or girl?..
Where ya been momma..the village has been wondering
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2010, 08:55 PM

4,581 posts, read 9,010,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
Need you around for what?

My ex could not explain what he meant when he said I didn't need him enough. Maybe you can.
For those nights you stay in and wanna cuddle on the couch with a movie. Basically a girl who WANTS to spend time with you and isn't totally wrapped up in her independent life. An equal balance, ya know?

Old 01-09-2010, 08:59 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,198,831 times
Men just want to be loved and wanted. Just like women want. It's that simple. But sometimes women take this whole "I'm so independent, I don't need a man nonsense" to a whole new level. And THAT'S when it becomes hugely unattractive and a turn-off.

Old 01-09-2010, 09:01 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,198,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingImport View Post
For those nights you stay in and wanna cuddle on the couch with a movie. Basically a girl who WANTS to spend time with you and isn't totally wrapped up in her independent life. An equal balance, ya know?
Exactly. It's the balance. I don't wanna open every jar for her. And I don't wanna feel like that she doesn't want me around. Many women are just utterly incapable of getting that balance right. It's either one or the other for them.

Old 01-09-2010, 09:02 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,794,072 times
Default well i'm not married or in a relationship

but when a hot co-worker who i wish liked me acts helpless and asks for assistance, I LOVE IT!!

but when it's an attention seeking domineering bore who knows i have no interest in her and she is just doing it for attention, I HATE IT!!!

Old 01-09-2010, 09:03 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,056,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingImport View Post

That's not the same as need, though. I get want, but not need.

Old 01-09-2010, 09:05 PM

4,581 posts, read 9,010,646 times
Quote:
That's not the same as need, though. I get want, but not need.
Okay, I guess "need" makes it sound like a cry of desperation. If I don't have the things I mentioned before on a regular basis though, the relationship would suffer indefinitely.

Old 01-09-2010, 09:10 PM

27,200 posts, read 46,783,570 times
Quote:
Need you around for what?

My ex could not explain what he meant when he said I didn't need him enough. Maybe you can.
When you start doing the things that he expects to do for you. Like moving furniture, or changing the oil in your car. You're doing his "job" in his mind, so what do you need him around for?

Old 01-09-2010, 09:12 PM

90 posts, read 322,258 times
OP's original Q: acting is not helpless, truly helpless is not an act. I provide assistance when needed, not when too lazy or when someone wants to emphasize my masculinity. I'm male enough, and I don't need to prove it for another with a command performance brought on by an act. I do not like the helpless act.

Old 01-09-2010, 09:13 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,279,427 times
Eaves troughs/gutters are another good one. If you don't have guards they have to be cleaned. This requires you to get on a ladder or on the roof. How would you feel if your spouse fell instead of you? They need male help and shouldn't be afraid to ask for it. There isn't a week that goes by that my Mom doesn't need me to open a jar for her. No problem, Mom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships