Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2010, 06:34 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,724,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
Where I used to work, the women made up about 75% of the employees. Whenever we got delivered equipments for the office, it was always the men who had to go down 4 floors to the main reception and do the hard work of carrying it back up. The women claimed it was men's job, lol. We, men, didn't mind anyway and did the work [and we ended up sweating which was annoying], but we just found it hilarious that the double standard about wanting equality at the workplace, yet they are the ones designating and telling us what "mens job" were.

Funny times.
I hear you. I've worked several places where guys left coffee cups in the sink and dirty dishes on the counter for the women to clean up. It's funny how many people's home attitudes leak into their work place.

Old 01-19-2010, 06:36 PM

1,223 posts, read 1,689,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
See, I don't think that's right! I really don't. I mean, everyone is not endowed with equal strength, however, if you're physically capable for doing the work (and, might I add DRESSED FOR IT)...it should not be considered men's work. I don't know where you worked and whether or not the women were wearing heels or workboots, but if they're dressed appropriately, for hauling stuff, there's no reason why they couldn't help. For the record....I, personally, find very few things which fall under the category of MEN'S work. How can women justify using that statement...especially when they get so rabid hearing the words "women's work"? It's ridiculous!
See the fact of the matter is that they (some women) do, and they get away with it every time. I have even been told this by my wife (i.e. taking out the garbage, or taking care of the cars is "What the Man is supposed to do"), yet I have on MANY occasions cleaned the house, done laundry, cooked meals, washed dishes, and changed many a dirty diaper when my children were young. I personally didn't assign gender to chores, until my son asked why my daughter was exempt from taking out the garbage. I told him it was because women have decided that certain undesirable daily jobs that must be done around the house can be assigned a gender to them, and as long as you are able bodied and no matter whose house you are in you will be expected to perform those tasks. I then told him that there was no such thing as "women's work" as if you can't cook, clean, or change a diaper you will not be considered much of either husband or boyfriend material. To expect your wife or girlfriend to do the fore mentioned is sexist on your part.

Old 01-19-2010, 06:38 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,724,515 times
I don't care what you men's libbers say, you're killing the bugs and that's that.

Old 01-19-2010, 06:44 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,730,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKP440 View Post
See the fact of the matter is that they (some women) do, and they get away with it every time. I have even been told this by my wife (i.e. taking out the garbage, or taking care of the cars is "What the Man is supposed to do"), yet I have on MANY occasions cleaned the house, done laundry, cooked meals, washed dishes, and changed many a dirty diaper when my children were young. I personally didn't assign gender to chores, until my son asked why my daughter was exempt from taking out the garbage. I told him it was because women have decided that certain undesirable daily jobs that must be done around the house can be assigned a gender to them, and as long as you are able bodied and no matter whose house you are in you will be expected to perform those tasks. I then told him that there was no such thing as "women's work" as if you can't cook, clean, or change a diaper you will not be considered much of either husband or boyfriend material. To expect your wife or girlfriend to do the fore mentioned is sexist on your part.
See that's silly. I mean, if the boys are sitting around doing nothing and I'm in the kitchen cleaning, they're darn sure gonna get up and take out the garbage, but I do it quite often if there's no one else to grab it! You see, we don't raise our kids (haven't) to have guy jobs and girl jobs. My daughter is quite adept at swinging the splitting maul and packing firewood. She's proud to do it. It's excellent exercise! Besides, no daughter of mine would ever get away with thinking something is man's work any more than my sons are going to get away with the idea that the dishes or laundry are women's work. Not in MY house! Work is work....the available body is the one who gets to do it. The gals in this house benefit from that firewood.....they guys wear clothes and get them dirty....same with dishes. If you use it, you can clean it. If it keeps you warm, you can help split, stack, and pack it!

Last edited by beachmel; 01-19-2010 at 06:56 PM..

Old 01-19-2010, 06:44 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,162,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKP440 View Post
AAAwwww teaching your son to whine...how cute! How to resent women! Adorable!

It is so funny reading all the male whining in here! Poor babies...history and life have been so unfair to them....those big mean women are being so UNFAIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...wahhhhhhhhh!!!

You

don't

how

that

feels?

TOUGH!

Neither did women.

Old 01-19-2010, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I don't care what you men's libbers say, you're killing the bugs and that's that.
LOL.....if I see a nasty bug....I am NOT waiting for one of my guys to get off their butts and come kill it for me. By the time they got there it might have scurried under something. I see it, I KILL it! Problem solved!!

Old 01-19-2010, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
AAAwwww teaching your son to whine...how cute! How to resent women! Adorable!

It is so funny reading all the male whining in here! Poor babies...history and life have been so unfair to them....those big mean women are being so UNFAIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...wahhhhhhhhh!!!

You

don't

how

that

feels?

TOUGH!

Neither did women.
See, here's where you and I differ.....I don't hold every man responsible for things that "some" men have done. Why should all men be punished for some men's mistakes. That's what's going on here for some of these guys.... they think that "most" women are like the few princesses they've met. I'm quite sure some of these guys have been prejudiced against as much as anyone else....maybe for different things, but still....... Why be mean?

Old 01-19-2010, 06:50 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,380,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
See, I don't think that's right! I really don't. I mean, everyone is not endowed with equal strength, however, if you're physically capable for doing the work (and, might I add DRESSED FOR IT)...it should not be considered men's work. I don't know where you worked and whether or not the women were wearing heels or workboots, but if they're dressed appropriately, for hauling stuff, there's no reason why they couldn't help. For the record....I, personally, find very few things which fall under the category of MEN'S work. How can women justify using that statement...especially when they get so rabid hearing the words "women's work"? It's ridiculous!

Hi beachmel,

I interpret that as one of the girls in a skirt waiting at the top of the steps as properly dressed to have men move some boxes. Its based on the principle that men at some distance to a provocatively dressed woman wishes to close that distance.

Old 01-19-2010, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi beachmel,

I interpret that as one of the girls in a skirt waiting at the top of the steps as properly dressed to have men move some boxes. Its based on the principle that men at some distance to a provocatively dressed woman wishes to close that distance.
gywnedd1,
Huh? I don't get what you meant by that. LOL rephrase please? If I was a girly girl...I might know exactly what you're talking about my friend...but my mind is a bit "neutral".....LOL

Old 01-19-2010, 06:54 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,380,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post

No prob Julia. What the hell is wrong with some of these men? All you need to do is inflate my wind bag ego with a little flattery with a phrase like " I admire your taste in toupees".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships