Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2010, 06:20 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,319,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
How do you know that we don't? I respect a woman's contribution to a home...in a non-financial sense.
In a nonfinancial sense? You don't respect her financial contributions too? Are you so wealthy that your SO, if you had one, couldn't help you to live better?

Old 07-01-2010, 11:13 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,856,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi kittythatsmychickenpotpie,

I do not know why the attitude of women about those men who earn less is always under played. I have little doubt women hesitate to be with men are not seen as equals in their careers. I would also add that women tend to flock to the urban areas since civilization appeals to them whereas I find little appealing about it and prefer less urbanization; I don't want to see black top where once there was bee balm. Thus the urban centers are packed with career obsessed female imports altering the demographic. I do not recall many men who dreamed of making it in New York. They were more likely to dream about fleeing domestication.

Now what is often the case is that women who have successful careers believe it is a big bargaining chip. They often believe they will be more attractive to successful men. Now if someone wants to throw in a crate of canned squid into the deal and demand retail cash value, I will pass on it. Successful career women also need time to make their careers which means they are typically older. Thus they are far less attractive than they think they are. Career success does not necessarily translate into a well rounded and interesting person. These women are also encountering a lack of interest from the class of man they want. Its much more than fear. There is an incompatible value system on the love market.
Isn't it typical that men are blamed for this?!

The fact is, nearly all women want a man who is more successful than them and the more a woman earns, the fewer candidates there are. Combine this with the fact that many such men have already found a wife and there is an extremely small pool of available men. They have their hands full trying to sort out the good prospects from the "less good".

Old 07-01-2010, 11:21 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,058,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Isn't it typical that men are blamed for this?!

The fact is, nearly all women want a man who is more successful than them and the more a woman earns, the fewer candidates there are. Combine this with the fact that many such men have already found a wife and there is an extremely small pool of available men. They have their hands full trying to sort out the good prospects from the "less good".
Feminism has sure screwed the younger generation.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Feminism has sure screwed the younger generation.
Not all young men. The good looking ones get laid, most of the rest get screwed.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:27 PM

143 posts, read 112,616 times
Quote:
Not all young men. The good looking ones get laid, most of the rest get screwed.
You got screwed, eh?

Old 07-01-2010, 11:28 PM

Quote:
A lot of girls and younger women are taught by their mothers to have high standards.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:30 PM

143 posts, read 112,616 times
Quote:
A lot of girls and younger women are taught by their mothers to have high standards.
And apparently influenced by their dads to have little to no discretionary standard.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas_dave11 View Post
And apparently influenced by their dads to have little to no discretionary standard.
Well in modern times, since the late 1970s, there's been a rise in single-parent households 99% headed by women. So yes, mothers teach their daughters to have high standards and teach their sons to serve their future girlfriends/wives.

A lot of Millennials are growing up without a father figure.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:50 PM

Quote:
I always thought that they got this from their peers. Their mothers wanted them to marry a decent man, not a good looking, wealthy one.

This is typically what many mothers advise but are seldom heeded:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/06/op...ef=maureendowd

However, some mothers are more practical. With no fault divorce available in most places, there is no need to worry about how a man will work out in the long run, as long as he doesn't leave you financially high and dry.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:54 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
no they didnt ruin it. they just changed the rules. men unfortunately took on the behavior of dinosaurs and did not adjust. dinosaurs faded out as so we are doing as well. lots of on the go high achiever women confident assertive but where are the men?

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 07-02-2010 at 12:59 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships