Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2010, 07:27 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
That Who?Me? character got serious issues. Go see a therapist or something.
Why? Because I believe humans are equal?

And you think I need a therapist???

Old 01-19-2010, 07:33 PM

20,726 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
NO, men being bitter is THEIR fault....if they can't handle human equality THEY have the problem.
Hi Who?Me,

Is it a problem when one considers that men and woman are "equal" hilarious?

Old 01-19-2010, 09:49 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,942,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyokoMariaUrameshi View Post
Feminism - Salon.com

It just seems like more and more people are miserable.Every married person or person in a relationship that I know is unhappy and they tell me don't get married and have kids it ruins everything. Or "men suck, they are pig, dogs" or "women are too independant, they need to get back to the kitchen". Everyone is always getting divorces, its like you're bound to fail if you marry. I remember there was a time that people stayed married for life now, people have 48 hour marriages.

I glad that feminism allowed me to work, get an education, vote, and gave me abortion rights but I never asked for it to make everything equal! I hate "going Dutch" or paying for dates and meals for a man, I believe that a man is suppose to pay for dinner and dates, I would only pay for a guy unless it's his b-day, graudation, he got a promotion or a raise. I miss men being MEN! Holding doors, taking charge, being the leader, being go getters. There is nothing more sexier than a dominant Alpha male.

I don't 'serve a man' just because it tells me to in the Bible. I serve a man out of respect to him. I serve a man out of love for him. I serve a man out of a loyalty to him.I like the view from atop my pedestal and see no reason to come down.If you enjoy your feminism, then more power to you. Just don't take away my right to not be a feminist.
Feminism didn't destroy relationships.

Attitudes such as that did. You take the good and the bad. Not the "good for me" of traditional relationships and the "good for me" of feminism.

If you work....you can pay bills.

Women are equal to men....not superior and on a pedestal.

Old 01-20-2010, 05:13 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretlySad View Post
Fair enough. Still, I don't think you should judge someone for living THEIR lives they way they want.

You are like my sister, she won't have sex with someone unless it is a committed relationship. She went 5 years without it!
They can live their lives whatever way they like. There's no reason my opinion of it should have any impact on them.

I still don't have to associate with those sorts.

Old 01-20-2010, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
NO, men being bitter is THEIR fault....if they can't handle human equality THEY have the problem.
Women are equal to men, until they want special treatment.

You can't joke around with women like you can men, unless you want to get slapped with a sexual harassment lawsuit...and risk getting fired.

Old 01-20-2010, 05:21 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
You can't joke around with women like you can men, unless you want to get slapped with a sexual harassment lawsuit...and risk getting fired.
Be fair. There are plenty of women and workplaces you can joke around in. Not every woman, not every workplace, but we are not a bunch of shrewish biddies who are horrified at a little joke.

And besides, sexual harassment laws exist because women (SOME women in SOME workplaces) were tired of bosses grabbing their butts and leering down their shirts. Yes, there are creepy bosses and lawsuit-happy women out there, but most of this stuff is just common sense.

Old 01-20-2010, 05:27 AM

As a man, I would NEVER go to management about "being sexually harassed". I would either ignore it, or speak directly to the offender. I wouldn't have management go talk to that person FOR me.

Seriously, I was like, "What did I say?" Our PA was broken, and normally this one young woman would call over the PA when it was lunchtime for us. Only employees in the store, no customers. Anyway, the day the PA was broken, she shouted it so that everyone could hear, and I said, "I knew you were a screamer." Just a joke. Most guys would have laughed it off. She took offense, and I nearly lost my job. I did formally apologize to her though.

Old 01-20-2010, 05:46 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
As a man, I would NEVER go to management about "being sexually harassed". I would either ignore it, or speak directly to the offender. I wouldn't have management go talk to that person FOR me.

Seriously, I was like, "What did I say?" Our PA was broken, and normally this one young woman would call over the PA when it was lunchtime for us. Only employees in the store, no customers. Anyway, the day the PA was broken, she shouted it so that everyone could hear, and I said, "I knew you were a screamer." Just a joke. Most guys would have laughed it off. She took offense, and I nearly lost my job. I did formally apologize to her though.
That's unfortunate. Were you buddies before this? I tease people too, but I save those kind of jokes for people who are my friends or "work friends," not just anybody. I've gotten myself in hot water a couple times.

Old 01-20-2010, 05:56 AM

While I get along with people at work, I don't really consider any of them my "friends". Work is work, and personal is personal.

I admit, it was wrong of me to say, and that's what I said when I apologized to her.

Old 01-20-2010, 06:01 AM

2,793 posts, read 6,124,101 times
Quote:
ROFL!!

Now that was funny. It's funny how there's a double standard. Most guys shrug that stuff off while the fem-bots run to HR for "equality".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships