Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 05:35 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,118,303 times

Advertisements

I overheard my boss say she had to help her son buy an engagement ring for the girl who is having his child. When I asked her "He decided to marry her?" She said "I'm very old fashioned. I believe a baby should have a mommy and a daddy." I also heard her tell her friend that she didn't want her son working in Little Rock (45 min away) because he needed to be close in case the baby needed him. I've kind of gotten the impression that she's nagged him into being engaged to this woman and will probably nag him into marriage.

I'm thinking I won't be surprised if this marriage doesn't last. Oh did I forget to mention that there's another who thinks she's pregnant with his child?

Her son is veeeerrrry good looking. In the pic in her office he looks like George Michael. I'm thinking he's not quite as ready as momma is for him to settle down. Opinions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2010, 06:51 PM

865 posts, read 2,432,509 times
I can understand your boss's desire to legitimize his relationship and child, but that is up to him to decide to do, not her. Just b/c she buys a ring and pushes him into it, is not going to make him want to do it. And if he does, I agree, it won't last long, b/c he will be getting b/c of the pressure, not b/c he loves the baby's mom, and wants to have a life together with them.

He sounds like a cad, and needs to grow up. I suppose he will soon enough, when he's paying child support for 2 kids.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:28 AM

1,237 posts, read 3,449,655 times
Too funny. How old is this guy?

I get the whole 'a baby should have a mommy and a daddy' - that's kind of how making a baby works! But mommy and daddy don't have to be married!

Just sit back and enjoy your own personal soap opera! And be glad you don't have aaaany part of it.

Old 01-25-2010, 09:14 AM

6,497 posts, read 11,818,345 times
You should ask her where she went wrong in raising her son.

Ok, maybe not, but the deer in headlights look would be priceless.

Old 01-25-2010, 09:34 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,183,302 times
Accountablility is a great thing!

God forbid that anyone would be responsible for anything

Old 01-25-2010, 11:14 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,646,674 times
This is where parents need to butt out. Her son knew exactly what he was doing when he decided to sleep wtih his girlfriend. Both of them were irresponsible and the Mom should just stay out of it. Granted, now there will be her grandchild but her kid also made a very grown up decision by not using protection.
You know, you make your bed, you lay in it.

I think that the Mom is nuts to help her son by an engagement ring and I am sure it won't be the only money spent. To be fair, the kid is probably a total Mommas boy and needs confirmation on every aspect of his life from his Mother which is sad.

If one of my kids either got someone knocked up or got themselves that way. As a parent, I've already done everything I can do to warn them of the consequences, make sure they are being safe, etc... what they do when they turn into adults is on them but you can be sure, I'll be the last one helping purchase an engagement ring because I feel it's the right thing to do.

Old 01-25-2010, 04:58 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,565,415 times
I'm wondering how old he is? The baby will have a mommy and a daddy married or not, it's probably more about appearances and what others will think if she has a son with child and didn't marry the momma.

The marriage is gonna have three ppl, She might get a rude awakening, when his wife to be can't be dominated as easily as her son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
I overheard my boss say she had to help her son buy an engagement ring for the girl who is having his child. When I asked her "He decided to marry her?" She said "I'm very old fashioned. I believe a baby should have a mommy and a daddy." I also heard her tell her friend that she didn't want her son working in Little Rock (45 min away) because he needed to be close in case the baby needed him. I've kind of gotten the impression that she's nagged him into being engaged to this woman and will probably nag him into marriage.

I'm thinking I won't be surprised if this marriage doesn't last. Oh did I forget to mention that there's another who thinks she's pregnant with his child?

Her son is veeeerrrry good looking. In the pic in her office he looks like George Michael. I'm thinking he's not quite as ready as momma is for him to settle down. Opinions?

Last edited by virgode; 01-25-2010 at 05:16 PM..

Old 01-25-2010, 05:52 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post

For some, the stigma of divorce does not sting like the stigma of an illegitimate grandchild.

How old is this George Michael look-a-like?

Old 01-25-2010, 05:55 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,608,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbl-r View Post
Accountablility is a great thing!

God forbid that anyone would be responsible for anything
The days of nobleness are long gone.

Old 01-25-2010, 05:59 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgfurman View Post
I can understand your boss's desire to legitimize his relationship and child, but that is up to him to decide to do, not her. Just b/c she buys a ring and pushes him into it, is not going to make him want to do it. And if he does, I agree, it won't last long, b/c he will be getting b/c of the pressure, not b/c he loves the baby's mom, and wants to have a life together with them.

He sounds like a cad, and needs to grow up. I suppose he will soon enough, when he's paying child support for 2 kids.
I think you are probably right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships