Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 08:15 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,239,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplementmoi View Post
I joined two online dating sites recently and went on my first date in a long time yesterday. My date had to borrow his sister's car to come on our date. When he got there, we had Tex Mex which he was trying for the first time. He really liked it. We had good conversation throughout. When the bill comes, he says "So, how are we gonna do this?" and he turns to me.....I'm glad I was able to convince him to try the restaurant's special which was fajitas for two at $12.87 which is normally $25. I ended up paying for our meal which included his sprite and the tip. Total was right below $20 so not expensive at all....but...so we leave the restaurant. Outside in the parking lot, he catches me off-guard and kisses me. One of the worst kisses I've had in a long time. He suggests we go to the mall. By the way, I knew he was unemployed before we went on the date. I didn't let that bother me since many have fallen on hard times lately. (But he doesn't even have a cell phone.) Well, once in the mall, he asks to borrow my cell phone to call his sister to find out if he can stay out later or if she needs him to return with the vehicle. He is 32 y/o. (He is currently living with his sister rent-free.) I tell him I'm meeting some of my friends at a pub. He says "I don't want you to go to the pub, I rather you stay and hang out with me." I was just laughing inside. You can't even pay for a $20 meal yet u wanna tell me what to do?? LOL. So I say, well, where exactly are we gonna go? He has no money or at least pretends not to and I definitely am not gonna pay for anything else. So I told him it was either we go to the pub or he can leave. He suggests we go to my place to which I responded by scoffing. He goes with me to a pub where I met some of my friends. He was so quiet...didn't say a word to my friends outside of "Hi, I'm _______." He left shortly thereafter and went home. I stayed with my friends. He asked me if I was going to call him today. I didn't. I get a message from him saying "Did I do that poorly last night that I don't even get a last call to say things won't work. I have to admit I expected better from you. I guess I miss judged u." So that's his message word for word, spelled just like he did.

Needless to say, there will not be a second date. How could he expect a second date and for me to be head over heels with him after that?????
Wow, that guy makes me seem like a Don Juan. Wow! And he can get a date? I haven't been on one in years!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2010, 08:16 PM

87 posts, read 133,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
He would have been washing dishes as I took my happy bootay to the pub.
You made the right decision.
LOL. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
I'm waiting for the golddigging accusers to descend. . . everyone take cover.
Well you just descended...and golddigger I'm not. I'm always ready to go dutch on a first date. If I were a golddigger, I wouldn't have entertained him AT ALL because I knew he was unemployed before I met him so your point is null and void and your attempt at flaming this thread has failed miserably.

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
Quote:
I joined two online dating sites recently and went on my first date in a long time yesterday. My date had to borrow his sister's car to come on our date. When he got there, we had Tex Mex which he was trying for the first time. He really liked it. We had good conversation throughout. When the bill comes, he says "So, how are we gonna do this?" and he turns to me.....I'm glad I was able to convince him to try the restaurant's special which was fajitas for two at $12.87 which is normally $25. I ended up paying for our meal which included his sprite and the tip. Total was right below $20 so not expensive at all....but...so we leave the restaurant. Outside in the parking lot, he catches me off-guard and kisses me. One of the worst kisses I've had in a long time. He suggests we go to the mall. By the way, I knew he was unemployed before we went on the date. I didn't let that bother me since many have fallen on hard times lately. (But he doesn't even have a cell phone.) Well, once in the mall, he asks to borrow my cell phone to call his sister to find out if he can stay out later or if she needs him to return with the vehicle. He is 32 y/o. (He is currently living with his sister rent-free.) I tell him I'm meeting some of my friends at a pub. He says "I don't want you to go to the pub, I rather you stay and hang out with me." I was just laughing inside. You can't even pay for a $20 meal yet u wanna tell me what to do?? LOL. So I say, well, where exactly are we gonna go? He has no money or at least pretends not to and I definitely am not gonna pay for anything else. So I told him it was either we go to the pub or he can leave. He suggests we go to my place to which I responded by scoffing. He goes with me to a pub where I met some of my friends. He was so quiet...didn't say a word to my friends outside of "Hi, I'm _______." He left shortly thereafter and went home. I stayed with my friends. He asked me if I was going to call him today. I didn't. I get a message from him saying "Did I do that poorly last night that I don't even get a last call to say things won't work. I have to admit I expected better from you. I guess I miss judged u." So that's his message word for word, spelled just like he did.

Needless to say, there will not be a second date. How could he expect a second date and for me to be head over heels with him after that?????
Kinda sad, poor guy. I think I'd take a good, hard look at my profile if I were you. Especially the part that says...."What I am looking for in a date". I would use some good key words like. "ambitious", "motivated", "hard working", "goal setting", "financially sound", etc. I know it is nice to be kind to guys who are "down on their luck" but that is not the kind of person you really want to spend the rest of your life with is it?

You don't have to come across like a materialistic person, or a gold digger, but you need to get the message across that you want someone decent. I get the feeling you are being to kind and gentle and that is like raising a flag to all the losers in the universe.

Like they say, dating is a process of weeding. SO there you go. He's weeded out. asap. LOL

Better luck on your next adventure.

20yrsinBranson

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times
Unfortunately, there are people out there like this everywhere. You'll never make a perfect shot everytime, but it can be worth it to keep trying.

Old 01-31-2010, 08:18 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times
Quote:

Well you just descended...and golddigger I'm not. I'm always ready to go dutch on a first date. If I were a golddigger, I wouldn't have entertained him AT ALL because I knew he was unemployed before I met him so your point is null and void and your attempt at flaming this thread has failed miserably.
Mango's not much of a flamer. I think she was warning of the people who would come and accuse you of wanting a man with money, etc etc. I don't believe it was her intention to flame.

Old 01-31-2010, 08:18 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:

Why on earth, if you KNEW he was unemployed, did you not discuss payment of any tabs, BEFORE you met him anywhere? The guy is a dweeb and trying to get whatever he can from you. You need to choose your dates more carefully!!

Old 01-31-2010, 08:21 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,525,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
Mango's not much of a flamer. I think she was warning of the people who would come and accuse you of wanting a man with money, etc etc. I don't believe it was her intention to flame.
I thought Artsy was the resident flamer?

Old 01-31-2010, 08:21 PM

519 posts, read 1,049,713 times
Thanks for posting - I repped you because it was a fun story to read.

What I don't get is why you went to the mall with him - and offered to allow him to accompany you to the pub after that?????

If I had to PAY for the guy on the first date - I'd be telling him right then and there that things were never going to go further.

Dutch is bad enough - I'd probably dump a guy if he wanted to go dutch on a first date too. (He'd have to have the best reason in the world for not wanting/ able to be chivalrous)

What a mooching loser.

You sound like a really nice person though, don't give up!!!

Old 01-31-2010, 08:22 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,546,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
I second this.

Old 01-31-2010, 08:28 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,192,691 times
Quote:
Thanks I'm going to continue searching but if I continue to meet the likes of him, single I shall remain and happily so.
I wouldn't even get that far with a woman. The minute I found out she is unemployed, I would have done a runner. Call me shallow, superficial, whatever, but if a woman hasn't got a job then she isn't worth my time.

And before someone says it, if I was unemployed for reasons beyond my control, I wouldn't even date any woman. I would remain single until I was financially capable to hold my own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships