Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 10:08 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,813,862 times

Advertisements

I noticed there has been an increasing number of people who started having sex on either the first few dates of meeting that person or in only 1 month.

Even 1-2 months would be too fast for me. I'm rather slower and therefore will have the same time frame as it was with my ex b/f. For me, it would be 5 months later or more (depending on the trust level, not just physical attraction).

Currently I'm seeking friends but when the time comes for another relationship, it must be well-though out not ''Well, he's cute and we like each other, that's all it took for me to jump in''.

Is 5 months or more asking too much patience anyways? I noticed the number of patient men have reduced to the point, the movies and media messed up some people's minds. It's one thing if that's your personality but it's a difference if you changed suddenly because of a film or assumptions that if you don't move fast then there's no connection.

Lastly, how long till I find another patience man? I'm not into the ''waiting till marriage'' but I'm a ''Give it several months before jumping in''.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 10:12 AM

622 posts, read 1,280,135 times
When the bar closes

Old 02-03-2010, 10:17 AM

66 posts, read 111,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameribull View Post
When the bar closes

LOL!! Oh my!

Old 02-03-2010, 10:20 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
My first and only one night stand has turned into a 6 year relationship heading towards marriage. I thought I'd 'give it a try' since before I had always waited months before any type of hanky panky. Of course, I was usually broken up with because of waiting....but I digress.

I'd say a few months minimum for me if I were to date again. In fact, I probably wouldn't even get naked at all unless there was serious commitment on both ends.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:21 AM

3,284 posts, read 3,526,544 times
Sex just kind of happens, a pre-determined time frame is useless. Have sex when the idea feels comfortable with you.

Or when the bar closes of course. lol

Old 02-03-2010, 10:29 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,813,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameribull View Post
When the bar closes
That would be never.. so years would go by and I won't find another patient one unless I go to a library (esp. one at a campus).

Old 02-03-2010, 10:37 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,240,714 times
I hope to have sex again before I die.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:39 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,645,493 times
Sorry but this isn't a new trend. Women and men have been hooking up for as long as I can remember in a relatively short amount of time. I'm one to wait unless I just want a piece of arse but I'm in a long relationship now and when I met him, we waited and we didn't have sex until about a month into the relationship. In past relationships, I've been pretty consistent. I'd rather get to know the person a little before taking it to that next level which tends to cloud judgment sometimes.

With that said, I am a red blooded female, there were times during my single life that I just wanted someone and I got what I wanted, no strings and that was fine.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:43 AM

3,284 posts, read 3,526,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
I hope to have sex again before I die.
Dude, get a ****ing hooker then. Jeeez, no girl in the right mind is going to sleep with a guy who non-stop ******* and moans how girls aren't dropping their panties because "betamanlets" are low on the totem pole.

Find a sleezy transexual prostitute in some run down slums and give her hell.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:57 AM

2,115 posts, read 5,030,940 times
I don't have a predetermined time frame because one size does not fit all.

However, I do have an unspoken rule that I do not sleep with a guy until I can ascertain that I am genuinely interested in him and him in me. My goal isn't to rack up numbers in my little black book - quality over quantity.

Premeditated hookups don't do anything for me. Now, the spontaneous ones. . . those are debatable, but very dependent on the right time and place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships