Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2010, 01:51 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,804,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Reading between the lines? I'd call that projection. You feel inferior so you believe that women regard you so.

How many beefcake calendars are dedicated to construction workers vs. computer programmers (yeah, that silly television profession)? Mmm, dirty nerds in cutoffs and a hard hat.

Get over yourself.
I don't feel inferior I just think it's funny how a lot of women whine about how there is no good men anymore and all this other bs but then they put a million qualifiers on who they will go out with. Guy has to be at least 6 foot tall, have a certain profession, a nice a car, a nice house, a job that has some sort of power like a middle manager or something at least, have a 9 inch tool, be an expert in between the sheets, good grief the list is endless now.

All guys want is someone that isn't 200 pounds and we get called shallow for that. Give me a freakin' break. You might not see it but I see it all the time women stereotype blue collar workers/laborers as being dumb and poor while they chase their doctors/lawyers and other white collars. I see threads like this all the time women always say they want a guy with a certain profession and it's the same 4 or 5 professions everytime. I just think women are out in la la land and go by whatever they see on television.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2010, 02:30 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,448,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I don't feel inferior I just think it's funny how a lot of women whine about how there is no good men anymore and all this other bs but then they put a million qualifiers on who they will go out with. Guy has to be at least 6 foot tall, have a certain profession, a nice a car, a nice house, a job that has some sort of power like a middle manager or something at least, have a 9 inch tool, be an expert in between the sheets, good grief the list is endless now.

All guys want is someone that isn't 200 pounds and we get called shallow for that. Give me a freakin' break. You might not see it but I see it all the time women stereotype blue collar workers/laborers as being dumb and poor while they chase their doctors/lawyers and other white collars. I see threads like this all the time women always say they want a guy with a certain profession and it's the same 4 or 5 professions everytime. I just think women are out in la la land and go by whatever they see on television.
In other words, what you're trying to say is:

Not to change the direction of your derailment or anything...but!

Here's my sexy/not sexy picks

Sexy-

Massage Therapists
Cooks/Chefs
Professors
Psychologists
Scientists
Artists

Not Sexy-

Lawyers
Accountants
Engineers
Policemen/Firemen (sorry girls - I know I'm going to get flak for being the heretic on this one)

Old 02-25-2010, 02:32 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,302,679 times
Haven't read the thread, but I'm going to go out on a limb that nobody said IT Technicians are "sexy"...

Old 02-25-2010, 02:49 PM

3,219 posts, read 7,085,326 times
Quote:

Many men are just as shallow. They want a woman who's petite, blond (or a certain type of ethnicity-Indians, Latinas and Middle Eastern woman are very popular lately), has DD's, skinny waist but a JLO butt, perfect skin and perfect teeth. Maybe a gymnastics instructor, aerobic instructor, or some kind of dance instructor. If you don't believe me, read some of the posts by men, not just in this thread but in some of the other ones.

Besides, not ALL woman want upper management (I work with those types, they're all slobs and they're all pricks), doctors, and lawyers. That is such a stereotype. No thanks. I personally like military men the most (not white collar in the least) and I know I'm not the only one.

Old 02-25-2010, 02:53 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,723,191 times
Firefighters and veterinarians.

FF's because they're brave but not into wielding power like police officers. Vets because they're smart, but love little animals. Who can resist that?

Old 02-25-2010, 04:10 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,032,605 times
A little interjection: I think how and where we were raised as a child, as well as who we know, may also sway what professions we find "sexy." If you've met many sexy police officers, then you might have a tendency to find that profession sexy. In addition, if you happened to have a huge crush on a guy, you might later correlate his career to sexiness. I happen to find lawyers sexy, but I've also met my fair share of charming, attractive lawyers and many of them during my formative years (although I did not think of them as charming and attractive then lol, just really friendly).

I think what we place value on influences what professions we find sexy as well, since certain professions have - over time - been connected to certain traits.

Anyways, I'm rambling. Time to go get ice cream!

Old 02-25-2010, 04:29 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,275,733 times
Badasses with good hearts about sums it up.

Or maybe that's just who has approached me. Military, law enforcement, and government wonks with weapons. All men with confidence who are in roles with responsibility.

This could also be a reflection of where I used to live, as there's no such thing as a single gal in the D.C. area who hasn't been approached by someone in the military or with a military background. Even my wasband served in the Army, then did time in Bosnia with the National Guard. Oddly enough, I seem to attract the liberals in those fields, too. Yes, they exist.

Funny, even on Long Island, the law found me. Guess I'll never live a life of crime!

Old 02-25-2010, 04:37 PM

5,985 posts, read 13,136,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
Many men are just as shallow. They want a woman who's petite, blond (or a certain type of ethnicity-Indians, Latinas and Middle Eastern woman are very popular lately), has DD's, skinny waist but a JLO butt, perfect skin and perfect teeth. Maybe a gymnastics instructor, aerobic instructor, or some kind of dance instructor. If you don't believe me, read some of the posts by men, not just in this thread but in some of the other ones.
I think the main difference between men and women, is that for women, the very fundamental biological attraction is founded on a hundred little things, . . that men wouldn't ever think is a big deal.

For men, their turn on/turn off switch is literally more like a big on and off switch. For women its a complex machine with lots of levers, pulleys, and gears.

Men, might be biologically/phsyically attracted to what you just described. But for men, men actually need to think/use their brain outside the attraction box to consider all of the other factors, whereas for women, its more of an innate biological tendency to consider all those little things, without actually thinking about.

Old 02-25-2010, 04:38 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,724,515 times
Quote:
I don't feel inferior I just think it's funny how a lot of women whine about how there is no good men anymore and all this other bs but then they put a million qualifiers on who they will go out with.
Why did you turn your beef about what "a lot of woman" say into a nasty comment toward a particular woman--a woman whose moniker indicates she is married and therefore not dating anyone?
It's nice to know you look down on the guys that built your house. Once again women always act like they're too good for blue collar workers or laborers and just assume they are dumb or what not. Snobs....I'm just so fed up with this line of thinking from women.
I'm a writer ... do I hear that guys like nurses and grade school teachers and stomp my feet about it? Oh boo hoo, they must be looking down on me. I'm not an aerobics teacher or a masseuse, boo hoo hoo.

Quote:
You might not see it but I see it all the time women stereotype blue collar workers/laborers as being dumb and poor while they chase their doctors/lawyers and other white collars. I see threads like this all the time women always say they want a guy with a certain profession and it's the same 4 or 5 professions everytime. I just think women are out in la la land and go by whatever they see on television.
Again, you're taking your beef about women in general and targeting one woman, someone who never said anything about you ... or the guys who built her house. The rest of your post just goes into more self-pity and general frustration, and I'm ignoring it.

Old 02-25-2010, 04:45 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,275,733 times
Quote:
That's fine it's nice to know you look down on the guys that built your house. Once again women always act like they're too good for blue collar workers or laborers and just assume they are dumb or what not. Snobs....I'm just so fed up with this line of thinking from women.
Are you kidding me? I know a lot of women who like men who work with their hands--carpenters, mechanics, and so on.

Really, so much depends on where you live and how you were raised.

For instance, a lot of women love men in professions known for starvation: art, writing, music. Me, I won't go near them because my father was an artist and I, myself, am a writer. Only one batsh-t crazy person per relationship, please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships