Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 08:56 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,207,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Again, I say its really the guy and not the profession that women find sexy. Put a marine or navy uniform on this guy and you will NOT find him sexy
I figure it's matter of all things being equal rather than extremes when tastes come into play regarding professions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2010, 12:44 PM

4,586 posts, read 4,276,780 times
Military for me, love a man in uniform.

Old 02-27-2010, 01:03 PM

27 posts, read 255,493 times
Quote:
Military for me, love a man in uniform.
How do you love him when he's gone 6 months out of the year?

Old 02-27-2010, 01:09 PM

768 posts, read 943,630 times
I admire women who work for themselves in any facet. The ability to bypass the 9-5 is incredibly admirable, and shows a streak of independence that I admire. I honestly couldn't date a woman who had a 9-5. We would instinctively see the world and how it should be lived differently.

If I didn't catch a few breaks I'd probably be a pot dealer or something. If I got caught I'd just off myself pre-sentence. At then I'd have tried. Settling for a 9-5 is the act of going through the motions of life; you're not really alive in my view.

Old 02-27-2010, 01:50 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,727,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Women saying they find profession sexy because of the uniform or the money the person earn is just stupid and/or shallow. At least if they said they find a profession sexy where the person is usually in good shape like a professional sports player that would be more easily acceptable.

Now, like I said, I find many (not all) of the Cirque du soliel performers to be incredibly sexy usually due to the incredible physical shape they have to be in. Like the women who did the chandelier performance from corteo -
Or the women who do ballroom dance like Edyta here -
Why do you get to pick particular women, namely women who were picked for their looks AND athletic ability, and then compare them to the most wretched men you can find? I'm sure if I dredged up some snaggle-toothed, horse-faced athletes for your consideration, great bodies or no, you'd sing a different tune.

Old 02-27-2010, 01:55 PM

52,306 posts, read 52,756,330 times
I always thought that guys that got to work with these babies were the shiznit.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_LVSIWSD1Vj...portopotty.jpg

Old 02-27-2010, 03:22 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,407,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Why do you get to pick particular women, namely women who were picked for their looks AND athletic ability, and then compare them to the most wretched men you can find? I'm sure if I dredged up some snaggle-toothed, horse-faced athletes for your consideration, great bodies or no, you'd sing a different tune.
The Great Lao!??? Never!!!

Old 02-27-2010, 03:43 PM

530 posts, read 780,453 times
job that makes hot sexy man, sweaty hot sexy man! I have to add horse trainer (also in the sweaty sexy category) b/c I worked at a vet clinic where th owner also bred and sold race horses, one of the trainers...completely yummy, decided to break a horse to lead/ride in the yard area, no shirt, rippling muscles (not too many though) jeans that were low enough to show off that sexy ken-doll cut on front of the hips......all the women including the vet was glued to the window...pretty sure there was drool! lol

Old 02-27-2010, 11:59 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,913,129 times
Flight attendants.

I have dated two, with the last one being a committed long term relationship. In that relationship - the dynamics of her job made the duration of the time we were together much longer than most relationships. Just the fact that she had to work 3-4 days a week and was not home, kept an incredible spark alive over the course of time that normally wouldn't be there when you are around someone every day and going through what eventually becomes somewhat boring. Knowing that on certain nights that we wouldn't be together again for at least a couple of days made the intensity of the time we were together better, and then there was the anticipation of her being back home, sometimes for a few days at a time, and my work schedule being compatible with that.

Hearing about all the guys that hit on her at work(she could be a narcissist at times and had to let me know) and then knowing she was coming home to me was an unusual twist and vice versa at times when I was at work and she was out of town. It kept the intensity and passion alive, and not constantly being home together has some benefits. On many levels, as humans - routine and daily schedules can breed a sense of normalcy that does not always work. If I had a couple of days off and she was flying, she would give me a flight pass to fly in to where she was staying and sometimes we only had a night together before the next flight, and in a different place and city, but knowing we would be back home together soon. So, it was the dynamics and multi-faceted aspect of our schedules as the result of her job and not having the same every day routine. Physically - most flight attendants are just hot too, and she always looked great in her uniform when she was leaving for work.

Old 02-28-2010, 01:51 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,085,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedrock View Post
How do you love him when he's gone 6 months out of the year?
My husband was EOD and was in Iraq for four years, and I loved him just the same. In fact, my love probably grew.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships