Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 03:36 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,116,949 times

Advertisements

Girl, this is all your fault: you whipped it on him and now he can't get enough. You should have known better than put all of your fabulousness out there at once.

Put his email address on block and remember issue it out in small doses. You can't be driving all the men online crazy. Some of us are still out there lookin'.

Last edited by CESpeed; 03-02-2010 at 03:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2010, 03:39 PM

6,453 posts, read 9,816,761 times
Why even bother replying? Just treat the emails as spam and be done with it. Otherwise you are just encouraging drama for yourself lol

Old 03-02-2010, 03:43 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,548,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
What is he, a litigator?

When I ran into Mr. Adversarial--and I'm convinced it's just one man doing this to the entire female population of planet Earth because my girlfriends and I have all encountered him at one point or another--I just didn't reply. It's none of his dang business, and you don't owe him any explanations whatsoever.
Absolutely, you're right. I mentioned that right before my second and last send off.

Quote:
If he's still writing to you, he probably has some untreated OCD coupled with a narcissistic personality.
I agree, there are some serious entitlement issues there.

Quote:
The problem is that there is really nothing you can do about it legally unless he starts making threats. See, when he was bothering me, I spoke to the police in his state and mine at the time, and they were pretty much like, "So he wants to be your friend and you don't want to be his friend? Then block his e-mails and ignore him."

Which is the advice I'm passing on to you.
Done. However, this isn't always enough. Ignoring them, as he is proving now, can escalate the situation. I'll just let him spew on and see how far he takes it. Going to the police will surely provide the identification he needs to take it further, so ignoring him (and writing about it here) is all I can do until there is an actual physical threat.

Then I'll call on Twinkle Toes to bust a cap in his *ss.

Old 03-02-2010, 03:43 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,624,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
It's horrible, isn't it? There is always the possibility. I just don't think it is very likely. I have never used this particular email address for anything other than the online dating scene, I never paid for a membership and never gave my real info, so that avenue would be out for him. I'm sure there are other ways and I am certainly keeping my o's eyepen.
I agree - not very likely, but if you exhaust all other options I'd think that one might remain. It certainly seems like you've taken the proper steps for security, probably the most important of which is keeping your eyes open and not falling into a sense of false security. It's a sad fact that this is the way our world is now, and we all need to learn how to live in it.

Old 03-02-2010, 03:45 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
What a freak, Choc! I know somewhere you can send the e-mails, but I can't get there from the office. I'll post it later.

How many e-mails now?

Old 03-02-2010, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
Girl, this is all your fault: you whipped it on him and now he can't get enough. You should have better than put all of your fabulousness out there at once.

Put his email address on block and remember issue it out in small doses. You can't be driving all the men online crazy. Some of us are still out there lookin'.
LMAO! I never even met him. But thank you for the boost. I was feeling a little unfabulous after my big fat bowl of chocolate cheerios this morning.

And you can't have him. He's my psycho, all mine.

Old 03-02-2010, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
I agree - not very likely, but if you exhaust all other options I'd think that one might remain. It certainly seems like you've taken the proper steps for security, probably the most important of which is keeping your eyes open and not falling into a sense of false security. It's a sad fact that this is the way our world is now, and we all need to learn how to live in it.
Isn't it? People are koo-koo.

Old 03-02-2010, 03:48 PM

You can't really say you've lived until you've owned a psycho or two...

Old 03-02-2010, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
What a freak, Choc! I know somewhere you can send the e-mails, but I can't get there from the office. I'll post it later.

How many e-mails now?
30 from the first email address, 4 from the new one.

Old 03-02-2010, 03:51 PM

Choccy, I'm sure everyone on this board supports you fully and wants the best for you.

In order to help us achieve that goal, I think you should post your real name, address, city/state/ZIP, where you work, what hours you're home alone...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships