Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 01:12 PM

380 posts, read 795,830 times

Advertisements

I'm in the midst of an EA with someone I work with (I currently have a boyfriend). It's a tricky situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2010, 01:25 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Thanks for the analogy, sierra.. it's like a work spouse, harmless .. but over here, the work never ends .. so now what?
Trust me, you'll be crying on each other's shoulders soon enough! Even the work/home distinction fades...

Old 09-15-2010, 02:55 PM

112 posts, read 255,691 times
let me add my two cents. i knew this girl in college. we were just acquaintances and then she graduated. one day she messages me online and tells me shes getting married and the works. we would talk on the phone or online for hours at a time. She then tells me she's having a kid and we would still talk on the phone or online for hours. She then disappeared for a little while. Well a little while back she starts messaging me again. she's telling me how much she doesnt like her husband and her inlaws and how they fight all the time etc... she hasnt really had a nice thing to say about him for months now. I was going through a rough situation with this girl I was seeing and we talked about that. now its to the point where we talk online everyday for hours. last night for example we talked for about 6 hours. this happens every day. i dont know if you would classify this as an emotional relationship or not. It does kinda seem like we're in a long distance relationship though.

Old 09-15-2010, 06:17 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
King Kong, she is setting you up to be her parachute so when she bails on her husband she'll have a place to land.

I would be leery.

Old 09-16-2010, 02:51 PM

112 posts, read 255,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
King Kong, she is setting you up to be her parachute so when she bails on her husband she'll have a place to land.

I would be leery.

That thought has crossed my mind but I think there are a few factors that will prevent that scenario from happening.

1. She lives across the country
2. She is muslim (VERY muslim) and she has a 2 year old kid with her husband.

I don't really see her getting a divorce anytime soon.

It seems to me that she's getting the emotional connection with me that she's not getting with her husband. Like she's using me to fill a gap in her life. You never know though I guess. Maybe she's just looking for a friend to talk to. Maybe she's grooming me to be her parachute as you say. Maybe there's really a connection there. Maybe she's just bored. Will I ever find out? I doubt it.

Old 09-16-2010, 10:19 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,063,077 times
Yes I have. too sleepy to elaborate....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships