Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 12:52 PM

635 posts, read 1,704,918 times

Advertisements

No I definitely know that she is not married. My friend works with her and he really knows whats going on.

Yes, I will make my move in San Antonio. At least I can say that I tried even if I get turned down. Thanks everybody for your advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2010, 01:02 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,170,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emirate25 View Post
No I definitely know that she is not married. My friend works with her and he really knows whats going on.

Yes, I will make my move in San Antonio. At least I can say that I tried even if I get turned down. Thanks everybody for your advice!
good good

its time to nut up or shut up

Old 03-11-2010, 01:06 PM

851 posts, read 3,627,125 times
Quote:

Why do you care if she's married? that's her problem, not yours and don't make it yours!

The attitude I am looking for is: at least I can say, I learned, I tried and I succeeded!

Old 03-11-2010, 01:24 PM

2,618 posts, read 6,163,797 times
Quote:
Here is my situation and hopefully you can give me some advice. I was introduced to this female teacher by a friend of mine at a network mixer. Well we briefly talked at the mixer and kept it in a friendly manner. I asked my friend the next day if I can get her email so I can keep in contact with her. To cut it short , I ended up getting in contact with her and we went out.

Well our first date was great and everything. She even text me the next morning after our first date and said that she had a great time and will like to go out again. Well after that day, she left to Florida for vacation (1 week) to visit her family and I didn't hear from her when she got back into town. So since she showed some interest in me, I called her and we talked some more. We have gone out about 4 times since our first date but there hasn't been any physical affection

Another thing is that she doesn't call me at all but will text me once in a while to see how I was doing. To me, it shows that she is not interested in a "love" relationship and I am fine with it. But then last night, I was talking to her that I had taken a trip to San Antonio last month. She was like "I love San Antonio!!!" "How about WE go for the weekend to San Antonio?" Why would she invite me to weekend trip by ourselves to another city, if we don't know each other at that level nor she shows love interest?
I haven't read other responses, I'll just give you my initial thoughts:

She's taking it slow. I think there's interest, but for whatever reason this girl is doing one of a couple things:

1. She just doesn't want to rush anything, she wants to see if there's really something there, she's comfortable with her life and she doesn't feel the need to rush into anything, but she does like you. You just may not be her #1 priority right now.

2. She might be undecided. Meaning one day she's interested, the next day she's not. No way to tell if this is the case really until it's too late, but if you can smell that this is the situation then try to get out quickly.

3. She's got other options. She probably has interest, but maybe she's met someone else and is taking it slow with them as well. She has this right, she owes you nothing but honesty at this point. She doesn't have to announce these personal things about her life, but if you do have the right to ask where this is going and if she's seeing others. You DONT have the right to tell her what to do, but you can ask for honesty.

I take the no physical aspect of this situation to be a potential blessing in disguise. Either you haven't manned up and gone in for the kiss (which I try to do by the 2nd date at the very latest) because it's the only true card you can play that allows you to make her play all hers. If she kisses you there's a chance, if she turns her head or denies in some way there's no interest and you should run. You need to lay the kiss on to find out quick. Assuming things don't go beyond that, waiting is good, it means she's cherishing the moment and you both will appreciate waiting if it does work out, because you both will be anticipating it and it will mean a lot more when you finally do.

Bottom line: try to lay the kiss on next time, but take it slow from then on and just play it cool. Do NOT ask her where you stand or to be in a relationship...unless you're trying to get rid of her or scare her away.

Old 03-11-2010, 01:39 PM

635 posts, read 1,704,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
I haven't read other responses, I'll just give you my initial thoughts:

She's taking it slow. I think there's interest, but for whatever reason this girl is doing one of a couple things:

1. She just doesn't want to rush anything, she wants to see if there's really something there, she's comfortable with her life and she doesn't feel the need to rush into anything, but she does like you. You just may not be her #1 priority right now.

2. She might be undecided. Meaning one day she's interested, the next day she's not. No way to tell if this is the case really until it's too late, but if you can smell that this is the situation then try to get out quickly.

3. She's got other options. She probably has interest, but maybe she's met someone else and is taking it slow with them as well. She has this right, she owes you nothing but honesty at this point. She doesn't have to announce these personal things about her life, but if you do have the right to ask where this is going and if she's seeing others. You DONT have the right to tell her what to do, but you can ask for honesty.

I take the no physical aspect of this situation to be a potential blessing in disguise. Either you haven't manned up and gone in for the kiss (which I try to do by the 2nd date at the very latest) because it's the only true card you can play that allows you to make her play all hers. If she kisses you there's a chance, if she turns her head or denies in some way there's no interest and you should run. You need to lay the kiss on to find out quick. Assuming things don't go beyond that, waiting is good, it means she's cherishing the moment and you both will appreciate waiting if it does work out, because you both will be anticipating it and it will mean a lot more when you finally do.

Bottom line: try to lay the kiss on next time, but take it slow from then on and just play it cool. Do NOT ask her where you stand or to be in a relationship...unless you're trying to get rid of her or scare her away.
Good perspective.

Old 03-11-2010, 01:50 PM

2,618 posts, read 6,163,797 times
Quote:
Good perspective.
I just read the whole thread responses, and it looks like I'm not too far off from what others are advising. Lay the kiss on, be a man. What's the WORST thing that happens? She turns away? Guess what, if she turns away you just figured her out and you know not to ever call her again. It'll take this whole stress off of you knowing you don't have to worry about what she thinks. From the looks of what you're saying about your situation, I think she WANTS you to kiss her but you're being a vag about it. Quit worrying about what she wants, what do you want? You want to KNOW what the hell is going on with this girl, you do that by layin the lips on.

If it's any consolation, I'm in the same boat. But we've only been out twice where I got quick hugs. She calls me from time to time, but I'm hard on myself about not making a move yet. Next date is her at my place watching a movie, you'd better be damn sure I'm layin it on then, because if she's not into me I want to know RIGHT NOW.

Old 03-11-2010, 03:29 PM

44,360 posts, read 20,066,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
I just read the whole thread responses, and it looks like I'm not too far off from what others are advising. Lay the kiss on, be a man. What's the WORST thing that happens? She turns away? Guess what, if she turns away you just figured her out and you know not to ever call her again. It'll take this whole stress off of you knowing you don't have to worry about what she thinks. From the looks of what you're saying about your situation, I think she WANTS you to kiss her but you're being a vag about it. Quit worrying about what she wants, what do you want? You want to KNOW what the hell is going on with this girl, you do that by layin the lips on.

If it's any consolation, I'm in the same boat. But we've only been out twice where I got quick hugs. She calls me from time to time, but I'm hard on myself about not making a move yet. Next date is her at my place watching a movie, you'd better be damn sure I'm layin it on then, because if she's not into me I want to know RIGHT NOW.
Good luck to both of you - emirate and cdubs!

Old 03-11-2010, 03:32 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Yes, we will be going. Now as far as the hotel accomadations go, how would I go with that...(1 room?, 2 rooms?)
You book 2 rooms; you use 1 room!

Old 03-11-2010, 03:45 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Next time you see here GREET her with a hug, a compliment, and even a kiss. No need to wait until the end of the date.

Old 03-11-2010, 04:42 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,933,875 times
Quote:
What kind of attitude is that to be going into battle with?? Either do the thing right or let some other horndog have her e-mail address. You need some confidence building before we give you anymore advice on 'moves'.

H
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships