Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2010, 10:29 AM

865 posts, read 2,431,991 times

Advertisements

Omg, move this over to the exercise forum already, lol!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2010, 12:01 PM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
What.. like a hot blond pulling up to the gym in a E36 Slammed!

Didn't you mean E63 slammed??

Old 03-16-2010, 12:05 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,013,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by briannasmomma View Post
I lift weights at home for the time being. I do squats with dumbbells and at the moment I am using the 40lbs dbs and it is getting hard to grip them. I am increasing weight but like I said the heavier weights are getting harder for me to hold at my sides. Do you have any suggestions? Would those lifting straps help?

You have two possibilities there:

1. Lifting straps will enable you to hang onto the weight better, but you have to remain focused, not forget you're hanging onto weight just because the strap is removing some of the strain from your fingers. That strap may not slip but if your fingers do it WILL unroll, dropping the weight as surely as if you didn't have straps at all.

2. Get on a box which will support your weight; it allows you to squat deeper by a bit, which will increase the intensity while allowing you to use the same weight.

Or... might be time to consider switching to a rack and bar IF you can find a place to mount something at home. I know how difficult that can be when exercising at home.

You may also consider one-legged squats; same work, heavier load and REALLY works the stabilizer muscles in a way regular squats won't.

Old 03-16-2010, 12:20 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,013,641 times
Let's switch this (generally) back to relationships:

Okay guys, it's obvious we've got a few gym-goers in here, from rats to weekenders.

Aside from the blatantly obvious, being the good body, WHAT catches your attention at the gym from the ladies?

I know that a woman who picks up free weights and knows what she's doing, utilizing strict form for even moderate strength moves, is a real eye-catcher.

I know that women who dress for working out rather than flirting get my attention.

Even larger women, as long as they're really pushing themselves, get at least enough attention to open up for friendship -- specifically because they're pushing themselves, really working.

Women who know enough to pick up their weights and MOVE AWAY FROM THE RACK SO YOU'RE NOT IN THE WAY OF EVERYONE ELSE WHO WANTS A WEIGHT catch my attention for their understanding of workout etiquette as opposed to mere gym etiquette.

Women who perform at least one major strength move, with strict form, doesn't even matter which bodypart. STRONG! (*scratching tummy and twitching leg in appreciation*)

Old 03-16-2010, 12:39 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,525,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
Aside from the blatantly obvious, being the good body, WHAT catches your attention at the gym from the ladies?
To be honest, I can't pay too much attention. It ruins a workout like Rosie "Cheeseburger" O'Donnell ruins sex.

But I have found that when girls wear those tight black workout pants, I may has well punch myself in the nuts to wake me up, because that is just too damn sexy to be wearing in a gym in front of a bunch of horny, perverted men like myself.

Maybe little pink or white spaghetti string top to go with it. Damn hookers do it on purpose, too. I know it!

Old 03-16-2010, 12:44 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,326,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
To be honest, I can't pay too much attention. It ruins a workout like Rosie "Cheeseburger" O'Donnell ruins sex.

But I have found that when girl's wear those tight black workout pants, I may has well punch myself in the nuts to wake me up, because that is just too damn sexy to be wearing in a gym in front of a bunch of horny, perverted men like myself.

Maybe little pink or white spaghetti string top to go with it. Damn hookers do it on purpose, too. I know it!
Hey watch it! I wear this to the gym because when I work out...I work out. It gets hot in my gym. Not meant to be hooker-esque!

Old 03-16-2010, 12:47 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,330,846 times
Quote:

But I have found that when girls wear those tight black workout pants, I may has well punch myself in the nuts to wake me up, because that is just too damn sexy to be wearing in a gym in front of a bunch of horny, perverted men like myself.

Funny you mention this.

My gym has employed several extremely young women (beginning at 19 years old) to staff the front desk. Several were exceptionally attractive. One who is there almost every day is a knockout - about 5'3", but huge chest, and great butt.

Now here's the thing. I think the gym has a policy for female staff to wear uniforms, because ALL these young women always wear skintight black workout pants. EVERY TIME. So when this particular girl walks from the front desk to the gym area to show visitors the facilities, all the men stare.

Old 03-16-2010, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Hey watch it! I wear this to the gym because when I work out...I work out. It gets hot in my gym. Not meant to be hooker-esque!
The "hooker" part was a joke - and you knew that.

Seriously, though, most women are purposefully dressed, whether it's for comfort, sexual, or both. And you can tell with their workouts, too. Some walk around and every motion they make is a "hey, look at me" motion.

Crap, I almost forgot. "Pictures or it didn't happen".

Old 03-16-2010, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
Funny you mention this.

My gym has employed several extremely young women (beginning at 19 years old) to staff the front desk. Several were exceptionally attractive. One who is there almost every day is a knockout - about 5'3", but huge chest, and great butt.

Now here's the thing. I think the gym has a policy for female staff to wear uniforms, because ALL these young women always wear skintight black workout pants. EVERY TIME. So when this particular girl walks from the front desk to the gym area to show visitors the facilities, all the men stare.
Isn't it great. Even though there is always an element of frustration with those 'look but you can't touch' situations, too.

Old 03-16-2010, 12:55 PM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
Quote:

LOL--Nothing bad taken here..

PS-How'd you know what I wore today?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships