Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2010, 03:04 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,327,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
At least their fat azzes are in there trying to workout. At least give 'em credit for that.

Signed,

The fat chick in the gym

Hey, I'm the first one to give them props for being in the gym working out. It's not easy to lose weight. However, I have do a problem when some use the equipment as couches. Show some gym ettiquette please.

Signed,

The chick trying to use the machine the fat azzes are sitting on
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2010, 03:06 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,331,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Interesting you think #2 would look like desperation. So if a hot girl came up to you and gave you a smile and her number you would think she was desperate?

If anything the threads on this forum should let any woman know if you want something, you can't sit back and wait for it to happen. You've gotta make it happen.

Nothing ventured...nothing gained!
If anything, frankly speaking, I'd find it odd.

Good-looking women generally get enough attention from men without having to be the pursuers. Additionally, I did once see mango's photograph - albeit one which showed only part of her face. The photograph also showed her neck, a bit of her shoulders, and her upper chest. In particular, Mango's lips were thick and rich - the type that makes me think "kissalicious."

These details were sufficient for me to picture together a young woman blessed with physical beauty. As such, IMO, Mango shouldn't need to go to that extreme, although I'd fathom it'd be unlikely for he who stirs Mango's hormones to be anything other than receptive unless he prefers sausages over clams, or unless he were already taken AND he had impressive self-control and integrity.

Old 03-16-2010, 03:06 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Interesting you think #2 would look like desperation. So if a hot girl came up to you and gave you a smile and her number you would think she was desperate?
Everything they say here about liking to be approached is total BS!!!

Old 03-16-2010, 03:07 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,526,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
I was just going to say that!

That's how I met my husband. I just went up an introduced myself to him, obviously he didn't mind or think I was desperate.
I think that's great. You know how many relationships never happen because someone is afraid of looking desperate? Nothing desperate about introducing yourself. If anything it shows confidence.

Old 03-16-2010, 03:09 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,407,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
I think that's great. You know how many relationships never happen because someone is afraid of looking desperate? Nothing desperate about introducing yourself. If anything it shows confidence.
I don't think anyone is arguing with you. But there is an appropriate time and place for everything. How would the ladies like it if a guy came up to you, and slipped his number in your pocket, while you were shopping with your girlfriends?

Old 03-16-2010, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Why would she be invading my personal space? If I feel a hand in my pocket I go to protect my wallet.

Yes, women are more aggressive now, but that can't extend into creepster territory. What about you makes me want to call that phone number? I got more women to choose from now that more women are putting themselves out there, what would slipping a phone number in my pocket, prove?

Honestly answer the question, if you want.
Obviously, if you think I'm attractive enough and want to get to know me, you will call the number. I could care less about the harem of ladies you claim you have to choose from. I'm ME dammit and if you want to know ME then call. Is that honest enough for ya!

Mango expressed he was always in workout mode and around his "boys" at the gym. Since that would not be a good time to strike up a conversation, slipping him her phone number would a) let him know she was interested b) she would find out if he liked her if he called c) if he didn't call then oh well...next.

Old 03-16-2010, 03:12 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,526,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
I don't think anyone is arguing with you. But there is an appropriate time and place for everything. How would the ladies like it if a guy came up to you, and slipped his number in your pocket, while you were shopping with your girlfriends?
I know you'll disagree, because you are most certainly a "masculinist" , but there is a double standard with that sort of thing.

There is such a huge chunk of guys who are insecure, come off creepy, or over zealous and they have ruined it for the rest of us.

Women can do things that men cannot. Just the way it is.

Old 03-16-2010, 03:13 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
That's how I met my husband. I just went up an introduced myself to him, obviously he didn't mind or think I was desperate.
It happens, of course, but more often than not it doesn't work and it doesn't work precisely for this reason! Had the same people met under different circumstances, it may play out better.

Old 03-16-2010, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
If anything, frankly speaking, I'd find it odd.

Good-looking women generally get enough attention from men without having to be the pursuers. Additionally, I did once see mango's photograph - albeit one which showed only part of her face. The photograph also showed her neck, a bit of her shoulders, and her upper chest. In particular, Mango's lips were thick and rich - the type that makes me think "kissalicious."

These details were sufficient for me to picture together a young woman blessed with physical beauty. As such, IMO, Mango shouldn't need to go to that extreme, although I'd fathom it'd be unlikely for he who stirs Mango's hormones to be anything other than receptive unless he prefers sausages over clams, or unless he were already taken AND he had impressive self-control and integrity.

So I guess there will not be anymore threads about how men don't know how to approach a woman.

I consider myself fairly attractive and not ONCE has a man ever approached me (besides psycho freaks and chewbaccas). I have never had a man of decent looks or better come up to me. Why is that?

I was the one who had to make the move on my husband. He was too shy to come and talk to me. Just think if I would have taken some of the advice on this board........I may still be single today.

Old 03-16-2010, 03:15 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,331,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
Women can do things that men cannot. Just the way it is.
Yep.

News we hear and read of stalkers are of men. How many men have called the police because of stalkers? other than psycho ex-girlfriends, generally, who are the stalkers?

By sheer virtue of our greater size and strength and the usual circumstance of men as the perpetrators in cases of rape, men are usually tagged as potential "evildoers" against women far more than women towards men.

If any woman here doesn't believe me, send flowers to a male co-worker on his birthday. If HR summons you for harassment or what not, you can then be sure you're at a very equal opportunity company. If it were the other way around, it'd be strange for HR NOT to reprimand the man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships