Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 04:57 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,391,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYchi View Post
This is what i've been told by men on several occassions. It just takes more that 3 dates for me to warm up to a person. I have a quiet personality anyway. I don't get it? Do most men like gregarious type of women? If so I don't have a chance because I'm the more reserved and subdued type. I guess I better start stocking up on kitty litter.
it's subjective. what men like varies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2010, 05:31 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,770,209 times
Quote:
This is what i've been told by men on several occassions. It just takes more that 3 dates for me to warm up to a person. I have a quiet personality anyway. I don't get it? Do most men like gregarious type of women? If so I don't have a chance because I'm the more reserved and subdued type. I guess I better start stocking up on kitty litter.

3 dates to warm up to a person? yeah that is a long time. if a girl doesn't have a fun personality on the first date, or if we don't have some chemistry, then I typically won't ask her for a second date.

btw, emotional and cold are two totally different issues.

Last edited by le roi; 03-16-2010 at 06:19 AM..

Old 03-16-2010, 06:01 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,286,314 times
Quote:
I think you should find somebody who likes cold and unemotional women. There are people like that, out there.

Old 03-16-2010, 07:11 AM

10,178 posts, read 20,805,444 times
Quote:
Honestly, there's nothing wrong with that. How much do you really know about a person after three dates anyway? Especially if any of those dates was dinner and a movie. Not much interaction going on during a movie or while eating a meal. If you're goal is a long term relationship then don't compromise your standards for anyone. Eventually you'll meet someone who is right for you, but you have to get out there.

As to what most men like. Well, who cares? Don't try to morph yourself into what they want if it isn't who you are. Be yourself and find somoene who is a good fit for you. May take awhile, but it's better than settling for someone who you really aren't compatible with.

Old 03-16-2010, 07:30 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,703,599 times
Quote:
I'm not even that warm after living with the other person. But I'm a man so it is seen as more acceptable for me to not express any emotions. I've still had some make the complaint.

Old 03-16-2010, 08:49 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,283,080 times
Quote:
This is what you've been told by JERKS on several occasions. Really, what nerve!

Okay, now I wasn't there and I don't know the specifics, but in my experience, I've found that any man who has the nads to say that to a woman is somehow intimidated, frustrated, or threatened by her. They can't figure you out, so they have to slap a negative label on you.

The day will come when a man appreciates your personality. He won't see it as cold. He'll see it as self-possessed.

Don't go changin'.

Old 03-16-2010, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
I've found that any man who has the nads to say that to a woman is somehow intimidated, frustrated, or threatened by her.
ah, the feminist answer for everything.

car won't start? it is intimidated and threatened by you.

train running late? it is intimidated and threatened by you.

Old 03-16-2010, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
the feminist answer for everything.
Not really. Telling a woman she seems "cold" is an extraordinarily rude thing to do, especially within the first three dates. How dare some guy who doesn't even know her say something like that? He's either a jackarse in general, or he feels compelled to lash out for some reason. Unless she laughed upon seeing a kitten get run over by a truck, there is no justification for it.

So I see it as a self-defense mechanism. "She's not fawning over me? She's not batting her lashes at me? She's not giggling with merriment and glee simply because she's in my oh-so-wonderful presence? SHE MUST BE COLD."

And not for nothing, but in my own experience, it usually comes from toads who get annoyed upon learning, one way or another, that they aren't going to get any physical action that evening.

Old 03-16-2010, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
Not really. Telling a woman she seems "cold" is an extraordinarily rude thing to do, especially within the first three dates. How dare some guy who doesn't even know her say something like that?
she said that "men" have told her this before, not her date. for all you know she's talking about grandpa.

Old 03-16-2010, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
she said that "men" have told her this before, not her date. for all you know she's talking about grandpa.
I doubt it. But lemme tellya, a grandpa is the last man any woman should be taking dating advice from!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships