Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 07:14 PM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by misswee View Post
well actually, no offence, but feeling like crying, and sad and empty is a big deal...

I AM feeling a lot better now, but boy, feeling like a peice of meat makes you feel de-valued as a person, that brought my heart down a few too MANY knotches...

But I am sure you meant it in a light hearted way.... right? :P
I just meant life is tough, don't let some ogling guys bring you down.

You must be on the young side to let some douche bag guys make you feel that way.

Good luck to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2010, 07:16 PM

881 posts, read 1,112,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Don't let the pervs discourage you. Embrace you're new figure and be happy if for no other reason your health. Eventually you'll get used to this newfound attention and learn how to ingnore the jackasses, just try not to overcompensate by being a total anti-social snob. You might discourage some of the good ones.

alright, thanks.

I feel like you guys are helping me put my training wheels on, lol.

Old 03-27-2010, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
do you want more than sex?

if so, then yes it's an insult. Do you state your wishes when dating guys?

I have just been seeing this one guy only.

It is just when being out in general.

I also feel like it is rude to the guy I am sorta with....

Oh well, I am slowly getting over it I guess....in theory, until i go out again at least, lol.

Old 03-27-2010, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I just meant life is tough, don't let some ogling guys bring you down.

You must be on the young side to let some douche bag guys make you feel that way.

Good luck to you.
nah, just new to the guy scene, but thanks.

Old 03-27-2010, 07:49 PM

1,659 posts, read 2,777,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
What Rugged said.

For those telling the OP to get over herself, I have to say that isn't productive. Women aren't dumb. We know when men are checking us out, we know when we're being hit on, and we know when a lecher is targeting us. There can also be a big psychological impact on newly svelte women who are unaccustomed to such attention. More than a few are uncomfortable with it simply because they're not used to it. Others have deeper reasons why it makes them uncomfortable, including prior sexual trauma and abuse. Theories abound about women who deliberately do what Misswee joked about: They gain back the weight so they can be back in their comfort zone.

Not saying Misswee has been through anything heavy, nor am I trying to psychoanalyze anyone. Just saying. You don't know what the lady sitting on the other end of the connection has been through.

And not for nothing, but--and I'm donning my asbestos suit when I say this because I expect the usual nasties to gad about--being attractive enough to be hit on a lot has its own set of issues. You've got jealous shrews, people who seem to think that "good-looking" is synonymous with "stupid," and yes, men who sweet talk, misrepresent themselves, and outright lie left and right just to get laid, and only to get laid.

Oh, and then there are people who assume that because you're good-looking, you must be full of yourself and need to be brought down a notch, perhaps by being told to get over yourself.

You hit it right on the head! I had a similar experience. It wasn't weight loss so much as it was learning to glam up my look. I was a granola chick and moved to NY and learned how to step it up. I lost about 10 pounds too and this put me over some invisible line that made women nuts! And not in a good way! LOL It's a pain to go from getting fairly nice attention to being bumped into, being insulted loudly, being cursed when you don't talk to some entitled dude. YIKES! I actually enjoy working in smaller cities because I can avoid a lot of that foolishness. More gentlemen than hounds.

Anywho....OP, maybe you can move to a friendlier, more polite neighborhood to cut down on the unwanted attention.You'll have to develop a new philosophy about that behavior. Some men are naughty or some men are players or something like that. Have an explanation in mind for their foolishness.

Old 03-27-2010, 09:12 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,116,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I told her to get over herself, not to "put her down a notch" but as a reality check. It ain't that big of a deal. Yes some men are pigs and want to get laid and laid only. Some aren't.

Life is full of problems. This one rates pretty low. IMHO. So I think some perspective is in order.

Again, JMHO.
It's easy for a man. Why do men think that kind of attention is good or welcome. For some women it IS a big deal. Especially if she's not used to it. Every woman is different some it rolls off like water off a duck's back, others it can become annoying, for others it's scary.

And no one wants to be used. Whenever I get attention from a guy, my first thought is: he couldn't care less about me, he just wants to get laid. I know I have more to offer than the hole between my legs but most men only want that. It's a scavenger hunt to find the good guy who wants the whole woman.

Old 03-27-2010, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
If you women can't wait to just try and reel us in because we make alot of money, isn't that an insult?
I don't find it flattering, shouldn't you be attracted to ME and my personality enough to not want so bad to jump into my bank account?
It is really weird these last few-dzoen years; Golddiggers in the air or something.
I'm trying to dress as causual as possible so women can't tell I'm rich, but it seems worse everyday.
I'm feeling said about it.

LOL--See how biased, absurd, whiny, & unfair your post is when I switch the tables and make a blanket, over-generalization against all women like you did on all men?
Here's a $1---buy a clue.
Why wouldn't it be valid to want a woman who wants you for yourself and not your bank account?

Both sexes have the right to be wanted for themselves and not as a sex toy or an ATM.

Old 03-27-2010, 09:16 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
When I pick up a new work of fiction, I'm attracted by the cover, the title, the brief summary on the jacket, or perhaps I've heard good things said about it.

What's actually inside doesn't matter until I choose to start reading it, and something has to bring me to read it. I might really find I enjoy it, I might find it pedantic and boring. But I don't know if I never pick it up.

Old 03-27-2010, 09:25 PM

Are you seriously comparing a woman to a book? After you're through pawing the book and decide you don't want it, the book doesn't know that you've simply looked it over and move on to the next one. A woman who has been used knows she's been used and feels violated. But of course it's men like you with that attitude that make me wait a very long time before sex.

Old 03-27-2010, 10:29 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
Sure. You can't judge a book just by looking at its cover either. You need to look deeper. But you need something to generate the initial interest either way...which IS the cover.

Before I actually have sex with someone, the average time has been about three weeks, so it's not like I can't wait for sex. I need to actually get to know a person first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships