Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 04:02 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,741,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYchi View Post
During spring and summer months, I will literally have to turn down 8-10 guys a day, give or take. Usually, it's because they are rude or unattractive.
Oh please...

Quote:
I get approached the most on the street, starbucks, and on campus when I'm all dolled up.
Maybe if you stopped dressing like a hooker the harassment might abate.

Old 03-27-2010, 04:03 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,189,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Where'sTheBeach? View Post
I don't understand why this girl is being attacked. She stated that she had a problem, and I feel like people are making her prove that this is a problem, suggesting that she is at fault, and reacting with jealous because their situation is the other end of the spectrum. Yes, it's a bummer that you may live in an area where men are not propositioning you very often, but that is completely unrelated to NYchi's proposed problem. Unsolicited attention is not okay, and NYchi, I don't have any advice for you, but I was just shocked by the way people were reacting to your question. My only advice would be to be very clear and firm each time you're approached, and try to avoid the areas/times you are most approached (which I'm sure is obvious and you're already doing).
Yes, there's a need for proof of this all things considered as it sounds a bit exaggerated. If you are approached by 8-10 a day that's over a 1000 in a three month period and rarely any of them are in her league? That ratio is steep and so yeah, one would have to ask the OP to evaluate herself. In addition one would also need to know what the OP considers to be harassment. A bunch of guys whisteling on the street or someone walking up to a little to enthusiastic - What? I'm not clear on her understand of what constitutes harassment

Old 03-27-2010, 04:04 PM

548 posts, read 1,251,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Where'sTheBeach? View Post
I don't understand why this girl is being attacked. She stated that she had a problem, and I feel like people are making her prove that this is a problem, suggesting that she is at fault, and reacting with jealous because their situation is the other end of the spectrum. Yes, it's a bummer that you may live in an area where men are not propositioning you very often, but that is completely unrelated to NYchi's proposed problem. Unsolicited attention is not okay, and NYchi, I don't have any advice for you, but I was just shocked by the way people were reacting to your question. My only advice would be to be very clear and firm each time you're approached, and try to avoid the areas/times you are most approached (which I'm sure is obvious and you're already doing).
Exactly. I didn't want to say it, but I guess it could be out of jealousy.

Old 03-27-2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Yes, there's a need for proof of this all things considered as it sounds a bit exaggerated. If you are approached by 8-10 a day that's over a 1000 in a three month period and rarely any of them are in her league? That ratio is steep and so yeah, one would have to ask the OP to evaluate herself. In addition one would also need to know what the OP considers to be harassment. A bunch of guys whisteling on the street or someone walking up to a little to enthusiastic - What? I'm not clear on her understand of what constitutes harassment
When I say NO, and they are still pursuing, then that is harassment.

Old 03-27-2010, 04:06 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,401,804 times
Quote:
When I say NO, and they are still pursuing, then that is harassment.
Based on your initial post...only if they're ugly!!!

Old 03-27-2010, 04:06 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,252,780 times
I have seen women before turn down more than that ladies. You know the ones that all the guys start dropping tools and hooting and howling like a bunch of fools?LMAO....... Men, those pigs!!!LMAO.........

Old 03-27-2010, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Oh please...

Maybe if you stopped dressing like a hooker the harassment might abate.
So when someone gets dolled up they automatically look like a hooker. WOW! I guess female chavinist pigs do exist.

Old 03-27-2010, 04:09 PM

52,272 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
So when someone gets dolled up they automatically look like a hooker. WOW! I guess male chavinist pigs do exist.
Profile says female.

Old 03-27-2010, 04:10 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,741,555 times
Firstly I am a woman.

Secondly you are the one claiming you like to get dolled up...and you are the one claiming you get approached by multiple men and some of these men even touch you.

Can you put 2 and 2 together?

Old 03-27-2010, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Firstly I am a woman.

Secondly you are the one claiming you like to get dolled up...and you are the one claiming you get approached by multiple men and some of these men even touch you.

Can you put 2 and 2 together?
You need to take another look at your comment and realize how offensive it was. So, I shouldn't wear makeup or heels because men are approaching me?
Secondly, my skirt is never too short or tight and I rarely show cleavage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships