Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 01:00 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,037,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Oh groan and sigh. Another thread on the same old same old issues which beset Grasshopper at every turn. Groundhog Day ad nauseum. Get outside in the fresh air and hunt for Easter eggs and you might find a cute little bunny who'd like to play with you ...
A Bunny is one of the hardest find on this planet and I get tired of looking
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2010, 02:00 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,724,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post

And Grasshopper was right there in the audience laughing away with everybody else.

Old 04-04-2010, 02:53 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,077,860 times
Poor you. Time to move up to women 50 plus since no one under that age seems to give you the time of day.

Guess those honeys under 30 'ain't interested.'

Men of 34/35 *in your case* will have to temper their expectations. When there are so many mature and normal men under 35, (and over) you really have to ask yourself WHY you continue to struggle with your social relationships.

Perhaps you have some sort of autism. I think this may explain some of your social issues.

Old 04-04-2010, 02:59 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,077,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
which proves so many women in this city is retarded and why I rather just look for nut assistants. I just can't see responding to a woman who I wasn't attracted to OVER and OVER if I wasn't intertested
Sweeping statement...must be why you are so incredible popular.

Old 04-04-2010, 04:13 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,628,860 times
Speaking of online dating, I just had a strange thing happen. I joined Match.com recently and exchanged a couple of messages with a woman but when I sent my last message she didn't respond for four days but then sent a message just a few minutes ago. She said she was sorry she didn't get back to me sooner but she'd been busy. The thing I find strange about that is the fact that this particular website tells you when a member has been active. I looked at her activity over the last several days and several times it said she'd been active within the last hour or the last twenty four hours, etc. So what I'm thinking is that she had multiple contacts with various guys and gradually weeded them out so now she's sending me a message. There's actually nothing wrong with that so don't take it the wrong way it just made me realize what a competitive thing online dating really is. Now she's asking about restaurants in my area so I will respond and it would be interesting to meet her, it's just that I find this whole process to be frustrating and I'll be the first to admit that I'm oversensitive. It's too bad that the simple act of meeting a compatible woman is so difficult. I wonder if women who are trying to meet men online have the same frustrations that I do.

Old 04-04-2010, 04:41 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,805,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
I wonder if women who are trying to meet men online have the same frustrations that I do.
That's a huge affirmative. I finally quit b/c men IRL seem to be more attracted to me than the ones online and I had stuff like guys wanting to know my bra size. (online I mean--no one ever asks me that to my face, lol)

Old 04-04-2010, 04:49 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,805,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
That's a huge affirmative. I finally quit b/c men IRL seem to be more attracted to me than the ones online and I had stuff like guys wanting to know my bra size. (online I mean--no one ever asks me that to my face, lol)
Though in the right mood I could have a little fun with those guys lol. Ever get some guy willing to drive 5 hours in the snow to meet up with you? And then ya don't show up? TV& SG, whatchya doin' tonight?

Old 04-04-2010, 05:28 PM

1,237 posts, read 3,449,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Speaking of online dating, I just had a strange thing happen. I joined Match.com recently and exchanged a couple of messages with a woman but when I sent my last message she didn't respond for four days but then sent a message just a few minutes ago. She said she was sorry she didn't get back to me sooner but she'd been busy. The thing I find strange about that is the fact that this particular website tells you when a member has been active. I looked at her activity over the last several days and several times it said she'd been active within the last hour or the last twenty four hours, etc. So what I'm thinking is that she had multiple contacts with various guys and gradually weeded them out so now she's sending me a message. There's actually nothing wrong with that so don't take it the wrong way it just made me realize what a competitive thing online dating really is. Now she's asking about restaurants in my area so I will respond and it would be interesting to meet her, it's just that I find this whole process to be frustrating and I'll be the first to admit that I'm oversensitive. It's too bad that the simple act of meeting a compatible woman is so difficult. I wonder if women who are trying to meet men online have the same frustrations that I do.
Yes we do! I had something similar happen - took a guy a week to email me back even though he had been online during that time. However he did acknowledge that he was slow and apologized...I know I forget about emails sometimes so at this point what's the harm in giving him a shot? You have to have a little tougher skin when online dating I think.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:33 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,037,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
Poor you. Time to move up to women 50 plus since no one under that age seems to give you the time of day.

Guess those honeys under 30 'ain't interested.'

Men of 34/35 *in your case* will have to temper their expectations. When there are so many mature and normal men under 35, (and over) you really have to ask yourself WHY you continue to struggle with your social relationships.

Perhaps you have some sort of autism. I think this may explain some of your social issues.
how bout you sneak to philly and walk on my back

Old 04-05-2010, 12:48 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,983,653 times
man do not worry about it.
just move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships