Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 10:55 PM

37,626 posts, read 46,026,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post
Serenade of the Seas to the Southern Caribbean- just me and about 3,000 of my closest friends. I fly to San Juan on Thursday.

Oh, and to keep the thread on topic TVSG. I stopped writing to a guy last week because he didn't ask me anything about myself.

Something tells me there are more reasons for women stopping their communication with you though.

By the way, asking about my favorite music would strike me as odd, like someone who would ask that has no idea how to carry on a normal conversation. I've never been asked what my favorite music is. I get asked about my job, places I've traveled, what I think about (insert top news story of the day here), but not about whether I like Nickelback or Celine Dion.
You will have SUCH a good time!! I have done that cruise TWICE!! My son and I absolutely loved it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2010, 11:00 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,342,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
You will have SUCH a good time!! I have done that cruise TWICE!! My son and I absolutely loved it!
This will be my third Southern Caribbean cruise, and hopefully this will turn out to be the best ship of the bunch. I can't think of a better way to spend my 29th birthday

Old 04-05-2010, 11:03 PM

37,626 posts, read 46,026,601 times
Quote:
This will be my third Southern Caribbean cruise, and hopefully this will turn out to be the best ship of the bunch. I can't think of a better way to spend my 29th birthday
Nor can I! You must post a few pics when you return! An don't forget the sunscreen!! Or the Bushwackers...St. Maarten is where I discovered that delicious drink!!

Old 04-06-2010, 06:05 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,724,101 times
Quote:
ROFL. I can't tell you how much I wish my cruise was stopping on St. Thomas instead of St. Maarten next week. I would love to meet STT and help pick out china patterns and bridesmaids dresses
Oh darn it! Could have used the help as I'm having such a hard time deciding between KMart plastic and classic Limoges, flowing silk or sackcloth and ashes, Froot Loops or Beluga. But seeing my big-bellied baby boy in a thong will be priceless.

Old 04-06-2010, 10:53 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,646,492 times
I wish Match didn't show when people had been online. That way you don't have to deal with what MontanaGuy described earlier, where you email someone, get a reply telling you they're busy, and then see that they were online an hour ago. Can you imagine going to a bar and seeing a sheet that said so-and-so was just there an hour ago? I also think Match should just deactivate inactive profiles. If you haven't logged in after 3 months, odds are you forgot you still had a profile on there.

Old 04-06-2010, 11:02 AM

2,013 posts, read 3,548,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Have one online dating before?

Your main type of Food?

How did you get into your line of work?

Main type of music?

How long have lived in the area?
The top four are not the kind of questions you ask in email.

Old 04-06-2010, 11:37 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,646,492 times
Quote:
Have one online dating before?

Your main type of Food?

How did you get into your line of work?

Main type of music?

How long have lived in the area?
Have you asked questions about something she wrote in her profile? For example, if she said she was a huge football fan and you were too, you could start by asking what teams she likes, what she thought of the last game or the recent trade, etc. But the questions you've asked here wouldn't make most women want to talk to you. It looks like you're just trying to make conversation. If you expect someone to respond to you, you need to make your emails stand out more. Asking the same boring questions that she's probably had to answer a thousand times before gets old real fast.

Old 04-06-2010, 06:26 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,037,300 times
Quote:
Serenade of the Seas to the Southern Caribbean- just me and about 3,000 of my closest friends. I fly to San Juan on Thursday.

Oh, and to keep the thread on topic TVSG. I stopped writing to a guy last week because he didn't ask me anything about myself.

Something tells me there are more reasons for women stopping their communication with you though.

By the way, asking about my favorite music would strike me as odd, like someone who would ask that has no idea how to carry on a normal conversation. I've never been asked what my favorite music is. I get asked about my job, places I've traveled, what I think about (insert top news story of the day here), but not about whether I like Nickelback or Celine Dion.

I think I get you mean and will start practing with girls online I'm not attracted to so I can get better

Old 04-06-2010, 06:29 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,037,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLucky View Post
The top four are not the kind of questions you ask in email.
Thanks, I think I got it now

Old 04-06-2010, 06:31 PM

1,237 posts, read 3,449,870 times
Quote:
I think I get you mean and will start practing with girls online I'm not attracted to so I can get better
Oh that sounds nice, just use them.....I can't wait until even those ones don't reply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships