Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 10:22 AM

645 posts, read 1,452,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niceguy89 View Post
Unfortunatly this is so true...

I also turn to myself, turning to others have had nothing but bad effects...
Edit: and sometimes i make a thread here to vent the crap out, usually feels better regardless of flaming answers...
how is that???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2010, 10:39 AM

645 posts, read 1,452,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUINER_SR4 View Post
Agreed. People have their own stress and don't need my petty crap bogging them down even more.

I've only really been in what I would consider a bind once in my life, about 18 months ago...and I turned to my father. My parents are the only people in my life who I truly know will be there for me when I really, truly need help. Just knowing that is enough to help me get myself through just about anything.
well people like you are the reason why some people committ suicide, I mean if you have no one to turn too during hard times then why do you need friends again? I understand people have their own problems, but please don't go through life thinking that everyone who goes through hard times deal with it on their own smh

Old 04-05-2010, 11:01 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,116,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesprecious09 View Post
well people like you are the reason why some people committ suicide, I mean if you have no one to turn too during hard times then why do you need friends again? I understand people have their own problems, but please don't go through life thinking that everyone who goes through hard times deal with it on their own smh
This is sad but true. We have become a society of "I have my own problems - deal with it." We are so busy trying to have the latest, biggest shiniest we've put humanity on the back burner.

"I miss Mayberry...."

Old 04-05-2010, 11:08 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,385,589 times
Quote:
who do you turn too?
God and my husband.

Old 04-05-2010, 11:09 AM

5,879 posts, read 9,252,780 times
[quote=2RUGGED4YOU;13601019]My guitars haven't let me down yet. This one has been one of my favorites lately. It may help?

YouTube - The Allman Brothers Band - Soulshine

Old 04-05-2010, 11:14 AM

191 posts, read 349,813 times
Quote:
Okay, thanks...people like me cause others to commit suicide This is an assault. Please point out exactly where in my paragraph I recommended this to anybody but myself. I thought this thread was for us to mention how we do it for ourselves, apparently I misinterpreted.

And fyi, I was talking in terms of financial hardship, not emotional distress. That's my fault for not clarifying.

Last edited by RUINER_SR4; 04-05-2010 at 11:32 AM..

Old 04-05-2010, 11:47 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,983,216 times
Myself.
Because if its not one of those outside issues regarding the structure of society which I cannot easily change, it has to be a self inflicted issue that I need to work on, evade or accept.
If I get too tired I can always choose self inflicted death. Once I found out I had the courage to do that, nothing really bothered me anymore.
Except the possibility I may end up crippled in such a way I cannot end my life and that would really be a miserable thing.

Edit: I may use anonymous hypothetical questions to people to gain an outside insight on certain issues though.
Because sometimes a non involved party can see the situation in a more objective fashion.
And give you a real answer instead of something that is a mere pedantic comfort.

Old 04-05-2010, 11:53 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,983,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
This is sad but true. We have become a society of "I have my own problems - deal with it." We are so busy trying to have the latest, biggest shiniest we've put humanity on the back burner.

"I miss Mayberry...."
I do agree that that applies to some.

Its possible that some people do not have enough handle on self to actually help others.

What is the cliche about getting one's own house in order first..

I know that perfection is improbable because the way society is structured it makes it pretty much impossible, but if one is too damaged, then their advice might be tainted.

Old 04-05-2010, 01:16 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
who do you turn too?

God first and foremost

Old 04-05-2010, 07:38 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Must be nice to have somebody to turn to... Unfortunately, I have to resort to myself and I'm not the best advisor when it comes to me. When it comes to others, I may pull some decent advice. I wonder if others follow their own good advice 'cause I know I don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships