Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 08:15 PM

2,625 posts, read 11,218,834 times

Advertisements

Yes in that your right, i should have asked, if i would have known it would cause such a big argument, i would have asked, and i told her the same, i told her we need to communicate, i cant read your mind!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2010, 08:18 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
Or does she do everything, so there's nothing to help you with?

(Sorry, Gwynedd, but that was an open door I had to walk through for all of womankind. )

Hi Avienne,

I considered that possibility. I suspected someone might help embellish that angle. At least is was not someone from womanunkind.

3,261 posts, read 5,305,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
Yes in that your right, i should have asked, if i would have known it would cause such a big argument, i would have asked, and i told her the same, i told her we need to communicate, i cant read your mind!
Either that or at the minimum wait for her to actually put the movie on.

563 posts, read 1,711,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Pick your poison:

-You want direct nags
or
-to just pay attention a little more to other cues that she gives off.
There is some truth to this. I think as men you guys need to work on trying to anticipate needs, or pay attention to what us women say, or you will get a nag and nobody will be happy.

So...for example...ok, so she wanted you to help her out. That's a fair argument on your part that you had no way of knowing this is what she wanted. So you argued about it. Now...can we take this argument and do something with it to strengthen your relationship?

LISTEN to her and don't repeat it next time. I guarantee that if you learn from what caused the argument, and you don't repeat it, you will have one happy woman. So next time she's carrying something, go get it for her. Just do it. Even if it's not that heavy. And see what happens. And do it every time from now on.

Will there be other things she'd like you to have known, but you didn't? Sure. Will you argue about it? Sure. But when you know what those things are, don't repeat and make her ask again.

Relationships are all about meeting the needs of the two people involved. In your defense, make sure you let her know that you can meet her needs more easily if she tells you directly what she would like the FIRST time around. Because it is YOUR need that you be told directly what she would like you to do. And it is HER job to meet that need for you as well.

But after that, make sure she can trust that she doesn't have to tell you anymore. Hope this helps.

Old 04-06-2010, 08:19 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,251,461 times
Quote:
No my wife dont do everything, she swears she does, but i throw out the trash, wash the cars, make breakfast every sunday for all my family, i dont do laundry and the dishes. The reason i dont is because last time i l cleaned all the kitchen for her, she complained that i didnt do the dishes right, do since then, i dont wash them! I PICK up the house every morning before i go to work, i dont dust or mop, but i leave it tidy, she cleans on sundays.
When nothing suits sometimes it is best to let them do it themselves. It makes them happier in the long run not to have to redue it or have it not done to their satisfaction. You got me buddy! When you figure them out let us all know!LOL......

Old 04-06-2010, 08:22 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
Instead of being "like ok cool" when she says she's going to do laundry, you should ask her if she wants help instead of sitting on the couch. Do that anytime she tells you she has to do something around the house and it will save you much grief.

Ta-Da
Hi spinx,

My guess is, no it won't. I expect a dark streak of evil rising from the eons of our past as she begins to loath the weak, supplicant man who asks her for the 50th time on a Saturday if she need help.

Old 04-06-2010, 08:24 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,255,752 times
Sometimes it is just a reflection of mood or something totally unrelated that happened earlier the same day....

I felt that way myself today...I want my sweetie to call me to check in and get a status update; I want him to say, "I can't wait to see you!"

Yet I know he can't read my mind, so I have to chill for now...

Old 04-06-2010, 08:27 PM

4,796 posts, read 22,906,689 times
Quote:
NO LOL, i dont ask her to, but if i need help i ask her, i dont expect for her just to start helping for the sheer joy of it!
You think she was doing laundry out of joy???? Or that she is doing any of the other household chores out of joy? She isn't doing it out of joy and she isn't expecting you to feel joy when helping either. But the work needs to be done, and you are equally responsible for the duties of the household and the family.

And half-assed work just so you can claim you've done your share doesn't count. You wouldn't appreciate her folding your dirty laundry and putting it back in the closet, would you? So don't expect her to appreciate your half-baked contributions either.

Old 04-06-2010, 08:29 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,262,240 times
Quote:
No my wife dont do everything, she swears she does, but i throw out the trash, wash the cars, make breakfast every sunday for all my family, i dont do laundry and the dishes. The reason i dont is because last time i l cleaned all the kitchen for her, she complained that i didnt do the dishes right, do since then, i dont wash them! I PICK up the house every morning before i go to work, i dont dust or mop, but i leave it tidy, she cleans on sundays.
Sounds like you are a victim of "dude clean" lashings!

Did you say "ok" or did you ask her how to do it the "right way"

Old 04-06-2010, 08:33 PM

2,111 posts, read 7,951,650 times
Women like playing games. I enjoy cooking and baking bread as a hobby . I noticed my wife doing less and less the more I do, so I'll cut back and find another hobby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships