Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 08:31 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,632,241 times

Advertisements

. Our daughter is raising havoc with our marriage. This is not a new thing, it has been going on for far to long. She got herself pregnant, with a varmint who seriously needs killin', and to 'keep her relationship with her daughter intact' my wife insisted that I tolerate the creep, until hings got wayyyy out of hand, then I needed to 'handle it'. So, now we can at least all agree the guy is vermin, and our daughter now uses the grandbaby as a tool to keep herself planted firmly in between my wife and I. She is at our house , every single day, for t least 4-5 hours, in the evening, usually she goes into OUR bedroom, lays on my side of the bed, text messaging, while my wife chases the baby around the house. So, I says this needs to stop, my wife flips out, and , of course , the daughter (I adopted her and her older brother, we have one together as well, ...still living at home) takes this as her cue to call me an 'abusive *******" (drama is her speciality) and the whole thing goes nuclear twixt my wife and I. Every single time I try and talk about this with my wife she will not hear my concerns, or see what I see. There is far more going on, and things that have gone on, than I can list here,however, my biggest concern is the strain this is putting on my marriage. The daughter knows how to play her mother, and the MIL as well,(nuther long story) and I get to be the dick. All I want is my own household back, and for the daughter to be a friggin adult and respect our home. What does a guy do when his wife puts the daughter and grandchild so far above her husband? Actually just refuses to see what this girl is doing? I cannot describe how infuriated I am getting with this, but, I know if I do what I want to do, it's going to get all kinds of ugly. Right now, I can't care a whit about alienating my daughter. She has disrespected me to the point that I don't care anymore. She is a nasty creature, it pains me to say that, but, it's true. I suppose this is just a vent , at the end of the day, but it helps to put it all down somewhere. Sometimes, I sorely miss the days when it was just me, my dog and the most I had to worry about was filling my gas tank. As much as I love my wife, I can't take much more of this. I cannot even fathom how MY Dad would have reacted to this. Ya know, small as it seems , in the big picture, the laying on my bed (even going in our bedroom without so much as a by your leave) irritates me the most. The parents bedroom is PRIVATE, and off limits, in the world I grew up in. What is with todays youth? Why my wife cannot see how I feel about this (she actually said I was being "stupid") is just beyond me. (sigh) maybe I'll just take off on my horse for a couple weeks, the solitude might put things in perspective a bit more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2010, 08:58 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
This probably isn't what you want to read..Let it be your wifes problem...you did say she's okay with this. Turn a blind eye. Eventually the girl will move out and on with her life (maybe)or Your wife may tire of the situation on her own and lay down some rules.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:15 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,252,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
. Our daughter is raising havoc with our marriage. This is not a new thing, it has been going on for far to long. She got herself pregnant, with a varmint who seriously needs killin', and to 'keep her relationship with her daughter intact' my wife insisted that I tolerate the creep, until hings got wayyyy out of hand, then I needed to 'handle it'. So, now we can at least all agree the guy is vermin, and our daughter now uses the grandbaby as a tool to keep herself planted firmly in between my wife and I. She is at our house , every single day, for t least 4-5 hours, in the evening, usually she goes into OUR bedroom, lays on my side of the bed, text messaging, while my wife chases the baby around the house. So, I says this needs to stop, my wife flips out, and , of course , the daughter (I adopted her and her older brother, we have one together as well, ...still living at home) takes this as her cue to call me an 'abusive *******" (drama is her speciality) and the whole thing goes nuclear twixt my wife and I. Every single time I try and talk about this with my wife she will not hear my concerns, or see what I see. There is far more going on, and things that have gone on, than I can list here,however, my biggest concern is the strain this is putting on my marriage. The daughter knows how to play her mother, and the MIL as well,(nuther long story) and I get to be the dick. All I want is my own household back, and for the daughter to be a friggin adult and respect our home. What does a guy do when his wife puts the daughter and grandchild so far above her husband? Actually just refuses to see what this girl is doing? I cannot describe how infuriated I am getting with this, but, I know if I do what I want to do, it's going to get all kinds of ugly. Right now, I can't care a whit about alienating my daughter. She has disrespected me to the point that I don't care anymore. She is a nasty creature, it pains me to say that, but, it's true. I suppose this is just a vent , at the end of the day, but it helps to put it all down somewhere. Sometimes, I sorely miss the days when it was just me, my dog and the most I had to worry about was filling my gas tank. As much as I love my wife, I can't take much more of this. I cannot even fathom how MY Dad would have reacted to this. Ya know, small as it seems , in the big picture, the laying on my bed (even going in our bedroom without so much as a by your leave) irritates me the most. The parents bedroom is PRIVATE, and off limits, in the world I grew up in. What is with todays youth? Why my wife cannot see how I feel about this (she actually said I was being "stupid") is just beyond me. (sigh) maybe I'll just take off on my horse for a couple weeks, the solitude might put things in perspective a bit more.
Geez, I thought I had it bad buddy! BTW, fellow "tin banger" and firearm enthusiast here. You know I know what we feel like at the end of the day. The last thing you need is to come home to this s***! I don't know about you but our busy season is just about ready to start. At least while we are on the gas and kicking a** it helps take your mind off it a little. I hope everything eventually works out for you and wish you the best of luck. Rugged (band of brothers)

Old 04-07-2010, 09:21 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,816,936 times
Sounds like you need to be rid of your wife. You should disappear for awhile and let wife handle her stupid daughter herself. I think a month long trip is in order for you. And don't leave a phone number.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:25 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,252,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
Sounds like you need to be rid of your wife. You should disappear for awhile and let wife handle her stupid daughter herself. I think a month long trip is in order for you. And don't leave a phone number.
Oh, they will call! They always do!LOL...... Can you hurry I'm freezing or sweating my a** off!LOL...........

Old 04-07-2010, 09:33 PM

622 posts, read 1,665,844 times
Wow, man.. that totally sucks. My dad wouldnt have put up with it.. Either address it and be the man of the house and tell her how its going to be (not because I agree with that kind of mentality, but clearly someone needs to step up and take charge) or get out of there. Give her (your wife) an ultimatum and stick with it..

Im sorry.. Good luck and keep us posted.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:45 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,433,444 times
Put up a "Do not ENTER" sign on your door and lock it up. Go to her room and sit on her bed and watch t.v. there while she is on your bed. Ask her to pay rent. Tell her that she has to pay the phone/internet bill. Go through her stuff while you are in her room. Tell her that she gets no/little privacy since its your house.That should work. She'll be out of there in no time.

I just realized that she might not even live there. If that's the case, then you just need to find yourself somewhere else to hang out at while she is there. Like go to a bar or a friend's house for a few hours. When your wife sees that you are not there to help, she might try to negotiate with you. Its not right that she is simply ignoring how you feel. I will tell you this though, she won't change anything unless she starts seeing your point of view.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:54 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Put up a "Do not ENTER" sign on your door and lock it up. Go to her room and sit on her bed and watch t.v. there while she is on your bed. Ask her to pay rent. Tell her that she has to pay the phone/internet bill. Go through her stuff while you are in her room. Tell her that she gets no/little privacy since its your house.That should work. She'll be out of there in no time.

I just realized that she might not even live there. If that's the case, then you just need to find yourself somewhere else to hang out at while she is there. Like go to a bar or a friend's house for a few hours. When your wife sees that you are not there to help, she might try to negotiate with you. Its not right that she is simply ignoring how you feel. I will tell you this though, she won't change anything unless she starts seeing your point of view.
She'll be out in no time, yeah, along with her mom

I'm wondering if the OP will have the same issues blocking his head, if it were his "own" daughter

Fatherhood in this case isn't about shagging step-daughter's mom alone. It's all about being a father.

Old 04-07-2010, 10:16 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,433,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
She'll be out in no time, yeah, along with her mom

I'm wondering if the OP will have the same issues blocking his head, if it were his "own" daughter

Fatherhood in this case isn't about shagging step-daughter's mom alone. It's all about being a father.
I don't see you offering any advice.

Old 04-07-2010, 11:11 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post

All I can say is, we teach people how to treat us...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships