Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 06:47 PM

11,396 posts, read 24,456,213 times

Advertisements

I think for most women over 40 that financial stability is very important. It's evidence that the man has his act together to some degree.

Status and over-the-top wealth are probably not as important, though that depends on who you're talking to. Most of us wouldn't turn down either if the right man was so endowed. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2010, 07:17 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,108,082 times
Default Are mature women...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoNE View Post
"Mature" women have their own money. They can look for other things in a man, as long as he's not a moocher.
Mature women don't always have their own money. Sometimes 'their money' is from a couple ex-husbands. To me, women like that are a turn off. Years ago I dated a very attractive lady, who had a nice house, nice car, and dressed very well, but no signs of a visable job. When she started telling me about her two ex-husbands and the spousal support she collected, that was enough for me. I left.

Old 04-09-2010, 07:30 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,270,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyShouldIWorry View Post
No, but they are more desperate!
Speak for yourself. Never have been desperate, never will be.

Old 04-09-2010, 07:33 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,068,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
NO woman is impressed by bums! Get it once and for all!
There was no suggestion of that. And what about the starving artist type? Rose didn't shun Jack Dawson because he was poor

Old 04-09-2010, 07:34 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,068,476 times
MATURE women of any age are less impressed with money.

Old 04-09-2010, 07:38 PM

7 posts, read 16,336 times
I believe that older women are more reliant on themselves and less interested in money, but personally I believe that even if I am self reliant I would like to have a man that is the same. I married a man that has all of the qualities that I wanted in a man and believe it or not making millions wasn't at the top of my list. My husband is the manager at a pizza place and I am a social worker. There are many different kinds of personalities and even some men want a woman with money. It definately depends on the person.

Old 04-09-2010, 07:43 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
I think mature people are not impressed by money and status. Anyone who is impressed is still operating from an infantile/juvenile frame of reference.

Old 04-09-2010, 08:10 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,011,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyShouldIWorry View Post
No, but they are more desperate!
Oh, wake up. It's the older men who can't stand to be alone for any length of time. If their wives die or divorce them, many of them are looking for a replacement before the corpse is cold or the ink is dry on the divorce decree. Older women handle being alone much better and most don't "need" a man.

Old 04-09-2010, 10:30 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,569,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Are Mature Women Less Impressed With Money and Status?
A thread states that women are attracted to men with money. But that is usually the way younger women think. From my experience, mature women (40 and up) are less impressed by guys with money.
Any opinions?
Thats why milfs are so great man!! Most deserve compliments but never get them...Older women are WAAAAAAAAAAAY easier to talk to and are not as entitled. Young chicks are hit on all the time....older chick every now and then...All women want attention. Thats why older women want to look young. Im 30 and any woman 5 years older than me that enjoys my conversation is a beautiful thang!

Old 04-09-2010, 10:38 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,569,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
I think for most women over 40 that financial stability is very important. It's evidence that the man has his act together to some degree.

Status and over-the-top wealth are probably not as important, though that depends on who you're talking to. Most of us wouldn't turn down either if the right man was so endowed. LOL
So if a man has money he can buy any woman he wants?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships