Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 07:22 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,675,296 times

Advertisements

When I did this thread, I was wondering why it is that any man I meet randomly was only interested in casual sex. I thought, so long as I am attractive this type, how can I attract someone interested in more? I have seriously thought about that question a lot over the last month or so.

I do believe I have the definitive answer: Stop being so f!*c&ing boring.

I think I have been very boring when I have met men over the last few years, and have gone on and on about boring stuff. Things which I think show that I am more interesting and complex than other people out there, but honestly it's just dull.

So I think typical guys move on, why sit there and remain in a boring conversation for no reason? And the ones who will stick around, just really really really want to bang me because I've caught their fancy enough that they are willing to let me drone on and on for a couple of hours.

I started testing this a few weeks ago, made a mental "Do not talk about" list. When I was done I wondered what on earth I would come up with to talk about to other people. I didn't think there was anything left. Really I ended up using this list in general, not just in a conversation with a random man I have met. Truth be told I notice a big difference in my interactions with people in general, not just men.

So in that case, I have no choice but to conclude it is me, and what I've been talking about.

Stop being so f!*c&ing boring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2010, 08:14 PM

76 posts, read 70,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
100% agreement.

Additionally, in a trusting relationship you don't have to worry about protection\STD's etc.
I disagree. Its 2010...and from many people I've spoken to over the years, they usually got STD's from their partners. It takes more than just trust. Personally, I dont see myself having unprotected sex with a future boyfriend anytime soon.

Old 05-13-2010, 08:18 PM

76 posts, read 70,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
I started testing this a few weeks ago, made a mental "Do not talk about" list. When I was done I wondered what on earth I would come up with to talk about to other people.
I recommend you exit the forum and immediately read Deborah Fine's book: The Fine Art of Small Talk.

I still read this book occasionally, but lately I just haven't gotten myself in 'people situations' to utilize it as much. But the first week after I read that book, I was snagging men left and right and having excellent conversations at the same time.

The only drawback? Well...since I was always going to bars and chatting up with men, they always turned out to be about sex LOL

Old 05-13-2010, 10:58 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,677,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
When I did this thread, I was wondering why it is that any man I meet randomly was only interested in casual sex. I thought, so long as I am attractive this type, how can I attract someone interested in more? I have seriously thought about that question a lot over the last month or so.

I do believe I have the definitive answer: Stop being so f!*c&ing boring.

I think I have been very boring when I have met men over the last few years, and have gone on and on about boring stuff. Things which I think show that I am more interesting and complex than other people out there, but honestly it's just dull.

So I think typical guys move on, why sit there and remain in a boring conversation for no reason? And the ones who will stick around, just really really really want to bang me because I've caught their fancy enough that they are willing to let me drone on and on for a couple of hours.

I started testing this a few weeks ago, made a mental "Do not talk about" list. When I was done I wondered what on earth I would come up with to talk about to other people. I didn't think there was anything left. Really I ended up using this list in general, not just in a conversation with a random man I have met. Truth be told I notice a big difference in my interactions with people in general, not just men.

So in that case, I have no choice but to conclude it is me, and what I've been talking about.

Stop being so f!*c&ing boring.
It is you and as I recall you were very combative, if not that, then bossy at minimum in this thread which really when it comes to take it or leave it dating, men just aren't going to take that attitude, unless they are just a meek weakling.

I've seen this recently with a few friends and relatives I know in relationship difficulties, they've got one finger pointing at the other person and 3 back at themselves. When we blame others, much of the problem is ourselves.

The sex thing, well that is always going to be ever present. Most men would like to have a lot of sex and I think if you find a man not interested in sex, then I'd be worried. And I know us men will often endure suffering such as listening to them blab on and on, if we think we can nail them. Women often foolishly think sex=he really likes me. Well maybe not...

Another tip I can throw out there to women is men are typically simple and to the point. Long drawn out insignificant details are just too much. Women like to hear themselves talk and I think they believe in quantity over quality. Women have rated a me a good listener, but even me when they start droning on and on about all sorts of insignificant detail and other minutiae, my eyes glaze over and I cease to hear anything. My poor sister is like that, I do love her a lot and enjoy visiting once a month, but she can go on for hours on end and sometimes I wish there was a pill I could take to knock me out for a few hours, it's so painful to listen to after the 3rd hour if not before.

It just might be you are depressingly boring, but maybe thinking about how you converse with men might hold a key to improvement.

Old 05-13-2010, 11:00 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
all guys are out for sex. the difference is they lose their stupid when they lose their hair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships