Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 07:20 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,210,154 times

Advertisements

He wouldn't of got rejected if he didn't approach. That way he wouldn't have gotten hurt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2012, 08:29 PM

652 posts, read 1,052,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
Nobody should get angry or take it personally, but the reality is that men do take it personally because we at the end of the day take the risk of rejection the majority of the time. If women get to make the decisions I'm not going feel sorry if some guy blows up at them. For the record, I'm married so I'm not trying to pick up women up, but even if I was single, I wouldn't blow up at a woman if she rejected me
So a woman going about her daily business, according to you, should just expect to have a guy blow up her at any given time, if she doesn't give the right answer when approached? You don't give a very positive view of the male gender.

Old 09-19-2012, 08:40 PM

652 posts, read 1,052,992 times
I've only had this happen to me/my friend a couple of times, and it was in college. Looking back it seems more of a lesson in avoiding people that have been drinking, especially these types. Both involved athletes with apparent anger management issues...these guys were known for being scary when they didn't get their way.

1)The first time I was in a bar/restaurant that was more of a restaurant during daytime hours then sort of transitioned into more of a bar atmosphere especially on the weekends. We were having dinner on a late Friday afternoon. Wrestler guy approaches my friend, she asks him to leave, he doesn't, the situation was about to turn violent as he had her cornered, and wouldn't leave, but then finally did.

2)Second time this guy starts talking to me, I'm not really interested, he asks me to dance. I say no, he grabs my arm(not in a friendly manner) and says "You know I'm a football player, right", as if I'm too stupid to know I can't turn down a football player.

Old 09-19-2012, 10:23 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,073,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur66 View Post
So a woman going about her daily business, according to you, should just expect to have a guy blow up her at any given time, if she doesn't give the right answer when approached? You don't give a very positive view of the male gender.
Women expect men to apporach 90% of the time. When we do, we have to deal with the possibility of an embarrasing rejection. I have experienced it, i've had friends experience it. We have to put our self esteem and ego on the line, not women. As far as I'm concerned, until women start approaching men on a regular basis, I'm not going to feel sorry because some guy you rejected gets mad at you. Just like you tell us to suck it up, I'm just saying ya'll better suck it up also.

Old 09-20-2012, 07:14 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times
Quote:
Women expect men to apporach 90% of the time. When we do, we have to deal with the possibility of an embarrasing rejection.
If you did not allow yourself to feel embarrassed, you would be better off in two distinct ways. Your feelings would be impervious to the reactions of other people. And you woul dbe demonstrating yourself to be a person of confidence and strenght and thus become more attractive.

Quote:
I have experienced it, i've had friends experience it. We have to put our self esteem and ego on the line, not women.
No one should be able to effect your ego or self esteem. That is why it is called SELF esteem. You cannot control other people. Only your reaction to them.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
If you did not allow yourself to feel embarrassed, you would be better off in two distinct ways. Your feelings would be impervious to the reactions of other people. And you woul dbe demonstrating yourself to be a person of confidence and strenght and thus become more attractive.

No one should be able to effect your ego or self esteem. That is why it is called SELF esteem. You cannot control other people. Only your reaction to them.
I agree with everything you are saying, but thats not reality all the time. I shouldn't feel embarrased if a women calls me lame after I ask her out, but I do. My self esteem shouldn't be crushed if a woman laughed at the idea of going on a date with me, it was still a punch to the gut. While guys shouldn't take rejection personally, some do, and if they become visibly angry, oh well, tough ****. Like I told you, I don't get angry or call women names, but i'm not going to feel sorry about women who receive that treatment.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:37 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
Women expect men to apporach 90% of the time. When we do, we have to deal with the possibility of an embarrasing rejection. I have experienced it, i've had friends experience it. We have to put our self esteem and ego on the line, not women. As far as I'm concerned, until women start approaching men on a regular basis, I'm not going to feel sorry because some guy you rejected gets mad at you. Just like you tell us to suck it up, I'm just saying ya'll better suck it up also.
That's insane. How about we expect nut balls to stay the heck away? When one of you gets maced in the face for acting like a psycho you can go cry to mama.

Old 09-20-2012, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
That's insane. How about we expect nut balls to stay the heck away? When one of you gets maced in the face for acting like a psycho you can go cry to mama.
If a guy gets maced in the face, that's his own fault. I think people are not understanding what I'm saying. I don't believe that men should get angry and lash out at women if they reject them. They shouldn't take it personally. With that being said, despite the fact that men shouldn't get upset, they do. That is just a simple reality and as long as the game is played this way, where we have to approach all the time, and women can just stand there, I'm not going to feel sorry for a woman if some guy gets mad at her.

Old 09-20-2012, 09:34 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
If a guy gets maced in the face, that's his own fault. I think people are not understanding what I'm saying. I don't believe that men should get angry and lash out at women if they reject them. They shouldn't take it personally. With that being said, despite the fact that men shouldn't get upset, they do. That is just a simple reality and as long as the game is played this way, where we have to approach all the time, and women can just stand there, I'm not going to feel sorry for a woman if some guy gets mad at her.
There's nothing wrong with getting mad. There is something wrong with taking it out on people. As long as a guy is not doing that there's no problem (or a need to feel sorry for her).

Old 09-20-2012, 09:40 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times
Quote:
I agree with everything you are saying, but thats not reality all the time. I shouldn't feel embarrased if a women calls me lame after I ask her out, but I do. My self esteem shouldn't be crushed if a woman laughed at the idea of going on a date with me, it was still a punch to the gut.
Sure. I remember the days of lack of confidence. But my advice in general would not be to say, hey women, learn to deal. My advice would be, hey people who realize that confidence is attractive and lack confidence, work on your confidence. It is 150% within ones own control to make this happen.

Quote:
While guys shouldn't take rejection personally, some do, and if they become visibly angry, oh well, tough ****. Like I told you, I don't get angry or call women names, but i'm not going to feel sorry about women who receive that treatment.
Heh. I feel sorry for the guys who maintain that attitude. They face an uphill dating battle. Likewise women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships