Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 01:56 PM

897 posts, read 1,688,337 times

Advertisements

I've hated My Inlaws from pretty Much the beginning. Since I didn't originally come from Eastern Kentucky,they treated Me like an outsider. I don't go to family get togethers or hang out with My inlaws. I quit Hanging out with them because I was treated like crap and almost got into a fight with them while watching a College Football game(I was rooting for Tennessee and All My Inlaws are Kentucky fans) I just think they're a bunch of idiotic,close minded, Hillbillies. I love My Wife,I just hate them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2010, 02:24 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,778,598 times
I hated my ex-mother-in-law. I would look at her and visions of Wile E. Coyote would enter my mind...anvils dropping on her head from way up in the sky, rockets strapped to her back and detonating prior to take-off, or a catapult that would launch her into the side of a mountain...you get the idea.

Old 05-03-2010, 02:26 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,028,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
I hated my ex-mother-in-law. I would look at her and visions of Wile E. Coyote would enter my mind...anvils dropping on her head from way up in the sky, rockets strapped to her back and detonating prior to take-off, or a catapult that would launch her into the side of a mountain...you get the idea.
Now tell us how you really feel!

Old 05-03-2010, 02:29 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,028,651 times
I don't use the word hate lightly, at least when it comes to people. I do think it's totally OK to hate turnips, for example.

I hated my MIL. Completely. She spent years of her life trying to break up my marriage and succeeded posthumously. Too bad she died. H would have gone home to mommy.....and she deserved it!

Old 05-03-2010, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
Now tell us how you really feel!
Yeah, perhaps I was being vague. For those of you who didn't pick up on it, I wasn't a big fan!

Old 05-03-2010, 02:32 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,003,071 times
I didn't feel a connection but, hate, no. I loved my fil though. Loved. He was so much fun.

Old 05-03-2010, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
I don't use the word hate lightly, at least when it comes to people. I do think it's totally OK to hate turnips, for example.

I hated my MIL. Completely. She spent years of her life trying to break up my marriage and succeeded posthumously. Too bad she died. H would have gone home to mommy.....and she deserved it!
Mine did the same thing. Then when my ex remarried, the MIL carried on about how she hated her new husband and wished she would have stayed married to me.

Old 05-03-2010, 02:39 PM

1,823 posts, read 1,881,596 times
Hate is a strong word i'd hate to fill my heart and mind with .. i once hated my ex's mother ..but now that she got what she deserved .. i leave hate to the devil and peace to god, he would never turn u down .. thank the lord !

Old 05-03-2010, 02:48 PM

1,086 posts, read 3,360,145 times
I don't hate them, but I hate going over there. Constant fighting and bickering.

I hate sleeping over and having to have "Ninja Sex" at 33 years old.

What is Ninja Sex you ask, slip in and out without being detected.. by the in-laws of course

Old 05-03-2010, 03:01 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,147,443 times
Hate? No. Crossed swords with? You betcha.

The FIL and MIL are pretty domineering people. All of their three sons have had serious marital problem, stemming in large part from the manipulative nature of my MIL. And the FIL is one of those people who dislikes anybody who thinks differently from him, and he's slightly to the right of Attila The Hun. Plus both of them only have two basic conversation topics: 1) What things cost and 2) How everybody but them is stupid. What's more, I'm the only one in the entire extended family with the cojones to disagree with them and tell them 'no.' I'm respectful, I'm polite, and I don't go out of my way to pick fights, but I have a backbone.

Pretty early in my marriage, my wife and I received a fat income tax refund. The debate was whether to use it to paint the house or put in a new back patio. I was in favor of painting the house, while Mrs. CPG was in favor of the patio. So as we were discussing the merits of each, my wife suddenly blurted out, "Well, my mother thinks we should get the patio."

To that I said, "Well, if your mother's opinion matters more than mine, then go live with her." Add to that the ongoing misery of how upset they are that we didn't raise the children Catholic, and you get the idea. Fortunately, my wife has cut the cord.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships