Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 02:54 PM

33 posts, read 55,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
If you've spent anytime reading these threads you would know that at least on C-D, a good number of men have made the representation that for them sex is the end all and be all of existence. There are many posts where men write if they are not having sex by the third date they will stop seeing that person so I can understand why the OP would pose this question.

Imho, younger guys are not looking to be tied down and they would prefer wild sex with a stranger to good sex with someone they love because they aren't looking for love.

When a person becomes more of the frame of mind of settling down (and become more mature hopefully), that's when they'll settle for "good sex".
You make wanting to settle down seem synonymous with being more mature. The older and more mature I've gotten the less I've wanted to settle down. When I was immature I actually believed Oprah and thought relationships went bad because of men. As I got more mature I realised that there are a lot of problems with women and the mature thing is not to rush into anything.

I also think its mature not to have any regrets when you settle down. If you wish to have certain experiences that you can't have when you're married to me it seems like the mature thing is to do them now instead of ruining your marriage later.

Anyway where I live is filled with a bunch of mature people my age that got married 10 yrs ago. They're all divorced with kids sitting at home with babysitters... while they go out for wild sex with strangers. Thanks, but no thanks. I'll stay immature.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2010, 03:11 PM

Default Individual Experiences May Vary

Quote:
If you've spent anytime reading these threads you would know that at least on C-D, a good number of men have made the representation that for them sex is the end all and be all of existence. There are many posts where men write if they are not having sex by the third date they will stop seeing that person so I can understand why the OP would pose this question.
What?! Are you serious? If I say we must be having sex by the third date or we're finished you equate that with I'm going to sleep around on you if we are in a committeed relationship and having good sex. How do you girls come to these conclusions? Are you a producer for Oprah?

2 out of three of my last long term relationships started with sex on the first night. The other long term relationship the sex was on the third date for logistical reasons. I never cheated on any of them. And I had serious conversations with all three of them about marriage eventually. These girls were better looking than anyone on this forum bar none. Two of them made a redonkulous amount of money. That's the kind of girl you bed down on the first date and when she says marriage you say yes ma'am! That's why I say define good sex life. If you mean daily sex with a hot chick that makes a solid six figure salary who wants to get married then I say only a crazy person would cheat. If the girl is a school counselor and somewhat less attractive... well, individual experiences may vary.

Old 05-08-2010, 03:25 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,684,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by singleguy View Post
These girls were better looking than anyone on this forum bar none.
You haven't seen everyone on this forum; and it's a subjective matter anyway. Here is what I propose: We, the great unwashed, will check for loose change under our sofa cushions and get you a very nice-looking framed certificate stating we acknowledge that you are a stud. In exchange, you stop gratuitously insulting people on this forum. Deal?

Old 05-08-2010, 03:31 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,120,348 times
I echo what 2Rugged said, I'll take wild sex with someone that's crazy about me and vice versa.

Old 05-08-2010, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
You haven't seen everyone on this forum; and it's a subjective matter anyway. Here is what I propose: We, the great unwashed, will check for loose change under our sofa cushions and get you a very nice-looking framed certificate stating we acknowledge that you are a stud. In exchange, you stop gratuitously insulting people on this forum. Deal?
It was hyperbole. Didn't mean to put you down. It wasn't anything personal. Probably should have phrased it differently.

I most certainly am not a stud. What are you talking about? Did you read the post. I said that if anyone of these women were open to marriage I would be too. Studs don't sit around hoping women will be open to marriage. That's what guys that feel they are lucky to be with a woman do. Please read all my posts in their entirety. As I stated in my previous posts we do not engage in the type of ridiculous behavior the OP mentioned because we don't even get the opportunity. How does that make me a stud exactly?

My point was people have different speeds when it comes to relationships. These women could have their pick of men. They weren't desperate and neither was I. We just happened to know what we wanted. We didn't set an arbitray date count before we had sex. That doesn't mean we were going to start cheating on each other and looking for "wild sex with strangers." We were serious about monogomous long term relationships.

Last edited by singleguy; 05-08-2010 at 03:43 PM..

Old 05-08-2010, 03:38 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,972,545 times
It really comes down to what I am looking for at the moment. I spent YEARS perfectly fine with the first option. Started getting tired of it and found a great girl. Kinda ruined things with her but we are slowly working back into a relationship...hopefully. So for right now, I would love to spend quality time with her but I love her so yea.

Old 05-08-2010, 03:39 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,658,815 times
Once ya get over 50, just finding a woman who wants, let alone likes sex is a challenge in itself and seems to be quite rare. So if a man is lucky enough to be rich enough and maybe even good looking enough to attract a younger woman the sex will usually be of the wild variety.

I suspect I'm going to get some flack over this from the over 50 female crowd.

Old 05-08-2010, 04:03 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,192,691 times
Quote:
I don't think that men's feeling are completely irrelevant, it's just that we women are programmed to believe that men are ALWAYS ready for sex, so it's never a matter of "if" but "when". It comes as a surprise to meet a man who says "no", especially if it's because he actually wants to get to know a girl.
Mature respectful women would respect men and their decision on when they wants to have sex. I've seen, met and heard about too many women who showed complete lack of respect to the man and his wishes regarding sex.

Old 05-08-2010, 04:10 PM

96 posts, read 264,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by queensgrl View Post
Which do you prefer? WILD sex with a stranger, or GOOD sex with someone who's crazy about you, and who you also love? Does the answer change as you mature? Please be frank.
GOOD sex with someone who's crazy about you, and who you also love

does that also include the fact that she's jealous and possessive about me?

Old 05-08-2010, 04:14 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,319,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by queensgrl View Post
Which do you prefer? WILD sex with a stranger, or GOOD sex with someone who's crazy about you, and who you also love? Does the answer change as you mature? Please be frank.
it's a two part awnser:

1. WILD sex with a stranger when your in you late teen early 20's or just came out of a LTR or a marriage it's great to have some fun with NSA for a bit before you are ready to jump back into a serious relationship with someone.

2. the after you get all the wild sex out of the system finding someone to have GOOD sex with and someone who's crazy about you and who you also love is great to have a LTR with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships