Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 08:43 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,790,822 times

Advertisements

I don't get it...people somehow think I'm a bad guy when the woman who left this dude never came back for her stuff, and all I said was why not give it to a new girl in your life. Then in the spirit of fun I added on to how I personally would see the conversation going down kinda trying to make the guy feel better by joking about some new chick he might meet...people seem to not get my intentions. If the mods wanna ban me for it then I guess it's what they can do whenever they hate someone because they have the power, but I'm just a pawn on here speaking my mind and trying to encourage the OP even if he or someone made him feel like I wasn't
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2010, 11:57 PM

182 posts, read 647,332 times
Post an ad on craigslist that it is on your driveway and free to anyone who wants it. Forward it to her. If she wants to come get it, she can, if not, hopefully someone else gets it out of your hair.

Old 05-20-2010, 12:27 AM

3,071 posts, read 9,141,957 times
Sell the stuff and you and the DOG take a vacation and send her a card saying :having a great time and glad you arent here,,lol Or for fast results tell her SHE CANT HAVE THE MUTT BACK UNTIL SHE GETS HER STUFF

Old 05-20-2010, 01:23 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Did you check your divorce papers or the law in your state. In my divorce, it was written we had 60 days to get our stuff after the divorce. The divorce drug out 18 months in which time he avoided any contact with me but I took several of his things to him. About 70 days after the divorce, he call about a few of the things he hadnt gotten. I said sorry charlie, we are done and sold them.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:55 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,109,199 times
...........and the update is?

Old 05-24-2010, 11:03 AM

470 posts, read 1,155,761 times
Have it delivered to her and move on w/ your life.
Anybody on here telling you to sell it is telling you to potentially be arrested for trafficking in stolen merchandise or being sued by her disposing of her personal items.

It may cost you a few dollars...but how much is peace of mind worth?

Old 05-24-2010, 11:06 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,272,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocytus View Post
Have it delivered to her and move on w/ your life.
Anybody on here telling you to sell it is telling you to potentially be arrested for trafficking in stolen merchandise or being sued by her disposing of her personal items.

It may cost you a few dollars...but how much is peace of mind worth?
That's incorrect. She left the stuff there for well over a year. It's his now. No jury in the world, as it were.

Old 05-24-2010, 11:11 AM

2,013 posts, read 3,548,183 times
Sell the items worth selling, dump the rest. Enough is enough.

Old 05-24-2010, 01:06 PM

1,187 posts, read 2,395,054 times
Well, a collision of events allowed me to DELIVER her stuff : She was on vacation and all I got back was an out-of-office-reply to my email (oh well) after I left to drop it off(oh well!). I had use of a pick-up truck over the weekend so I went to her place to drop it off, under a safe, secure side porch, well out of sight and out of the weather. I did the formerly-self-anointed Princess a favor, saving her a trip, lugging all that stuff up the stairs, etc. Of course, I get a voice mail & email today saying she is "upset" her stuff just 'showed up'. I emailed her back saying I thought it was overdue (she made three prior indications she would come get her things and never found it 'convenient') that she should have taken all her stuff a long time ago and I of course apologized that my email did not get through. I should have reminded her that abandoned property (hers) could be disposed of any way I had wished. Again, I went out of my way to HELP HER. Story of my former life! Oh well.

Old 05-24-2010, 01:08 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,272,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwaggy View Post
Well, a collision of events allowed me to DELIVER her stuff : She was on vacation and all I got back was an out-of-office-reply to my email (oh well) after I left to drop it off(oh well!). I had use of a pick-up truck over the weekend so I went to her place to drop it off, under a safe, secure side porch, well out of sight and out of the weather. I did the formerly-self-anointed Princess a favor, saving her a trip, lugging all that stuff up the stairs, etc. Of course, I get a voice mail & email today saying she is "upset" her stuff just 'showed up'. I emailed her back saying I thought it was overdue (she made three prior indications she would come get her things and never found it 'convenient') that she should have taken all her stuff a long time ago and I of course apologized that my email did not get through. I should have reminded her that abandoned property (hers) could be disposed of any way I had wished. Again, I went out of my way to HELP HER. Story of my former life! Oh well.
She sounds like an entitled, er, rhymes with "what," if I may be blunt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships