Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is responsible for damaged content in jean pockets after a wash in laundry?
Owner of jeans who didn't check pocket before putting it in hamper 65 89.04%
Person who put the jeans into the washer from the hamper 8 10.96%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 04:23 PM

512 posts, read 1,435,563 times

Advertisements

Hi,
so fiance and i just got into an argument for NO reason.....

problem:
she did laundry today, and when i got home, she said that she's upset cause i didn't check my pockets before putting my pants in the laundry basket. as a result, my digital camera's remote control (value 15 dollars. she got it for me as a gift) was washed.

i said, it's ok. don't worry.
then she went on about how i'm not careful and i don't care and etc. and i said well, since you brought it up, i think it's the responsibility of the person who's putting in the laundry to check everything again before putting them in. She said "i can't believe you're blaming me...etc." to which i said "i'm not. i don't care. it's not worth fighting over. we'll just disagree about who is at fault. it doesn't matter. not worth a fight. if you'd like, i'll do my cloths myself from now on."

sure enough, she got upset and we stopped talking.

OH I CAN'T WAAAAAIT UNTIL WE'RE MARRIED! (/END SARCASTIC STATEMENT)

Who is at fault?
who should be held responsible?

Last edited by cricket_factor; 05-21-2010 at 04:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2010, 04:27 PM

17,218 posts, read 57,099,641 times
I vote for "stay single!"

Old 05-21-2010, 04:32 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,010,901 times
First of all, I wouldn't have bitched about that. I'd have just light-heartedly said, "Oh well, you should check your pockets before taking off your clothes. Maybe next time. Thank goodness it wasn't something expensive, huh? <shrug>".

Second, no, it is not the responsibility of the person doing laundry to go through all the pockets. Are you kidding? LOL

Old 05-21-2010, 04:33 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,910,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpie1234 View Post
Hi,
so fiance and i just got into an argument for NO reason.....

problem:
she did laundry today, and when i got home, she said that she's upset cause i didn't check my pockets before putting my pants in the laundry basket. as a result, my digital camera's remote control (value 15 dollars. she got it for me as a gift) was washed.

i said, it's ok. don't worry.
then she went on about how i'm not careful and i don't care and etc. and i said well, since you brought it up, i think it's the responsibility of the person who's putting in the laundry to check everything again before putting them in. She said "i can't believe you're blaming me...etc." to which i said "i'm not. i don't care. it's not worth fighting over. we'll just disagree about who is at fault. it doesn't matter. not worth a fight. if you'd like, i'll do my cloths myself from now on."

sure enough, she got upset and we stopped talking.

OH I CAN'T WAAAAAIT UNTIL WE'RE MARRIED! (/END SARCASTIC STATEMENT)

Who is at fault?
who should be held responsible?
Sounds to me like it's the "fault" of both of you. You for not checking your pockets before they went into the laundry and her for not checking them before she put them in. I learned early on, when my sons were little boys, and my lazy ex didn't check his, that *I* better. And I kept any and all money that didn't get found and ended up in the washer! It only takes a couple seconds to check pockets for pete's sake. You're right, it isn't worth fighting over. When they say "Don't sweat the petty stuff" they mean stuff like this.

Old 05-21-2010, 04:40 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
Sounds to me like it's the "fault" of both of you. You for not checking your pockets before they went into the laundry and her for not checking them before she put them in. I learned early on, when my sons were little boys, and my lazy ex didn't check his, that *I* better. And I kept any and all money that didn't get found and ended up in the washer! It only takes a couple seconds to check pockets for pete's sake. You're right, it isn't worth fighting over. When they say "Don't sweat the petty stuff" they mean stuff like this.
Nope. When I'm doing housework--a no-brainer job--my hampster wheel is spinning a thousand miles an hour, thinking of other things I need to do next and so on while I'm on auto-pilot. I don't have time to do someone else's thinking for them on top of my own. If you don't clear your pockets before you toss your clothes, lose what you left in them. I'm not the laundry police.

Old 05-21-2010, 04:46 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,678,492 times
Your gf sounds like a high maintenance beeyotch to me.

Old 05-21-2010, 04:48 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,650,642 times
I'd like to answer your poll, but I can't get past this one thing ... your fiancee does your laundry??? That's awesome. In the 20 years we've been together, my wife has never done mine. I do it. She does hers. No fights about leaving things in pockets.

Old 05-21-2010, 04:51 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,077,860 times
After 17 years of marriage and 12 of motherhood I still can't train my guys to empty their pockets.

9 out of 10 times I check but that one time I don't...we have tissues ALL OVER the clothes.

I remind and remind them.

Do you know how DAMN frustrating that is? I can only imagine messing up something electronic...

So, um, yeah, I'm on the side of your g/friend. It only takes a second to check your pockets.

Maybe she shouldn't have flipped out but I do when I have the tissue mess because I am the one who has to spend half an hour picking lint off each shirt (we don't use a dryer).

Old 05-21-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
After 17 years of marriage and 12 of motherhood I still can't train my guys to empty their pockets.

9 out of 10 times I check but that one time I don't...we have tissues ALL OVER the clothes.

I remind and remind them.

Do you know how DAMN frustrating that is? I can only imagine messing up something electronic...

So, um, yeah, I'm on the side of your g/friend. It only takes a second to check your pockets.

Maybe she shouldn't have flipped out but I do when I have the tissue mess because I am the one who has to spend half an hour picking lint off each shirt (we don't use a dryer).
One major reason I won't stick my hands in others pockets; I don't need to man-handle someone's nose soppins--family member or not.

Old 05-21-2010, 05:20 PM

769 posts, read 1,013,755 times
person washiing should always check, how can you not feel a damn remote?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships