Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 06:05 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,169,580 times

Advertisements

ehh, no point in really bringing it up to begin with. it would be a bit of a mood killer if im on an early date and she feels the need to tell me shes dating other ppl

i would just assume we're not exclusive until someone wants to make it that way and the other person is free to do what they want in the meantime. doesnt most of the world operate that way to anywayS?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 06:15 PM

37,608 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep- View Post
ehh, no point in really bringing it up to begin with. it would be a bit of a mood killer if im on an early date and she feels the need to tell me shes dating other ppl

i would just assume we're not exclusive until someone wants to make it that way and the other person is free to do what they want in the meantime. doesnt most of the world operate that way to anywayS?
I think you can see by this thread that the answer is no. You should do what feels right, but just remember that you would certainly have no room to complain if you found out the gal was seeing others.

I'm a believer in communication...but that's just me.

Old 06-03-2010, 06:53 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,169,580 times
dating is a bit different between our age groups.

communication is fine but this isnt something worth bringing up in the first few dates, if at all. wouldnt try and hide it but she shouldnt really be asking anyways

Old 06-03-2010, 06:55 PM

2,618 posts, read 6,162,457 times
Thanks for the feedback Chessie. Honestly, about the chemistry/fireworks I guess there hasn't been. Although after date two was a pretty intense makeout session which doesn't happen often. But I'd say I'll just go with it. She said she had plans in Sunday when I asked her to do something then, so I'll wait until Monday to call her. She didn't say what her plans were, and it could be a date with another guy for that matter. I wouldn't hold it against if she is on another date, and I don't want to even know.

Old 06-03-2010, 06:56 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
If I ask to be exclusive, then I'm too needy

If she finds out I passed on other women to only see her and making just myself exclusive, you get MAthebanker's response as creepy

If I sit back while she takes her sweet time to decide whether to take me off the market, then I'm too passive (or too nice of a guy)

Now, if I have the opportunity to meet other women because the girl I like above all others tells me she's not in a rush, then I'm a PLAYER???
That wasn't advice - just my opinion. Naturally, in your age group and peers things may and most likely do work absolutely differently.

Old 06-03-2010, 07:51 PM

1,237 posts, read 3,448,424 times
Quote:

I'm with you EP. Aren't there really only the two options? Exclusive or not exclusive? If you haven't talked about being exclusive, this early in the game I wouldn't require a discussion.

I am however a fan of the inbetween - not seeing other people but not being overly serious. It's a good comfort level without pushing the relationship faster than it needs to be.

Old 06-03-2010, 11:10 PM

37,608 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
dating is a bit different between our age groups.

communication is fine but this isnt something worth bringing up in the first few dates, if at all. wouldnt try and hide it but she shouldnt really be asking anyways
No I didn't mean to imply that she should be asking. I just prefer that things be clear. I've have my share of men that make these assumptions (yes...men can be every bit as wacko about this ) so if I get some idea that the guy is thinking you-and-only-you, and I'm not there, I absolutely will make some sort of statement to ensure that they are aware of that.

I have to add though, I usually either feel it, or I don't. I've tried the dating a few times to see if something happens...and that just doesn't work for me. I always give it a shot (and I always encourage others too as well ), but my initial gut feelings are usually correct.

Old 06-04-2010, 01:13 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,427,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
I For cdubs obviously that first girl doesn't care one way or another, she is doing what she does and it might involve other men.
She might or might not care. Not all women are the same. Unless she says that she is dating several men, it is insulting to a woman that isn't, that she be accused of doing precisely that. Insecurity is not a pretty quality. And neither is being put into a category that isn't her. Better to trust that she is being honest, than to tell her to her face that she has several boyfriends, when she might not have any.

If I was woman number 1, I wouldn't expect to be the only woman he is dating. I also, would try to see, someway, if he is the type of guy who minds if a woman he is dating is seeing other men as well. 3 dates is not enough to hold anything together. My personal motto is always : Sex can be quick, but love takes time. If she wants to take it slow, she definately wants a serious relationship, otherwise she wouldn't of said she wants to take it slow. Take what slow? The sex? They're already making out, so what is it that she wants to take slow? Probably the love part.

Seems to me that right now, she is still emotionally somewhere else, but willing to move on from where she was. However, love isn't built in 3 dates, and slow is the only way to go.

Last edited by temptation001; 06-04-2010 at 01:27 AM..

Old 06-04-2010, 01:19 AM

314 posts, read 414,436 times
it depends you should really chose one of the other get to know them and decide who you want to date one way or the other they will find out and you may end up completely dateless when you make it official

Old 06-04-2010, 01:21 AM

314 posts, read 414,436 times
and your still taging another girl along
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships