Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 10:11 PM

7,074 posts, read 12,338,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by detmi7mile View Post
you haven't died yet?

I hear a lot of people offer these vivid descriptions and details of what happens.

How do you know this?

Why would I tell someone all about Australia like an expert, if I haven't been there or lived there? Who would take my advice on where to stay and what restaurants to visit?
I agree with most of what is stated here. Also, I would like to add that death (as in no thoughts at all) would be a welcomed reality for some of us. It is kinda like those nights when one sleeps but can't remember their dream. All you know is that the last 7 or 8 hours were GREAT. In fact, many of us want to go back to sleep immediately after being awakened. Why would one fear the possibility of such eternal peace? The only real downside to death are the loved ones we leave behind (and the pain involved in some deaths). Don't get me wrong, I LOVE life. However, death is a natural process that should not be feared. Personally, I don't think death is the "end". I honestly think many of us died elsewhere before we were born into our current reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 04:17 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,456,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detmi7mile
One thing about NDE is that they are all different and usually translate into what the person believes. There's no one singular "NDE" for all.
I've noticed this too. I think there is often an overlay of personal belief in NDE experiences, but there are also common themes that can point us to a more universal idea of what happens after death.

Old 09-21-2010, 04:40 PM

701 posts, read 800,110 times
As a Christian I adhere to what the bible makes clear about death, and according to scripture, science has it all right, regarding what happens to you when you die. Nothing but the decomposition of your body, unless preserved in some natural way. Other than that nothing else happens. You don't "go" anywhere or "see" anything, I mean how can you? Your eyes rot and turn to dirt, and your brain which processes every thought does the same. Death is not a transition to another life, it is the ceasation of life.

Old 09-21-2010, 05:14 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,654,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Actually, I am the only person that really knows what happens after we die. However, that is classified information and I will not be sharing it with anyone. I will say one thing though - you are all wrong!

Ahhhh, I see you've been there too...

Old 09-23-2010, 01:58 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,175,776 times
As a professional musician, I've 'died' on stage more than once. Of course, it was the fault of the other band members.

Old 09-23-2010, 02:15 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,953,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
As a professional musician, I've 'died' on stage more than once. Of course, it was the fault of the other band members.
Hehe...me too. Stupid guitar players.

Old 09-23-2010, 02:29 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,022,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detmi7mile View Post
you haven't died yet?

I hear a lot of people offer these vivid descriptions and details of what happens.

How do you know this?

Why would I tell someone all about Australia like an expert, if I haven't been there or lived there? Who would take my advice on where to stay and what restaurants to visit?
I personally, like to know what will happen after I die. I was in the spirit world before I came here and I have forgotten what that was like because of life experiences. We are taught to forget by our peers.

I don't read the bible although I have read it. I don't adhere to any religion although I do hold some beliefs about God, ourselves and the universe.

When I started my journey, I read books on all kinds of religions. At one time I was scared to death about things, mostly after I read the bible. I'm in no way knocking anyone who wants to read it or stick to it. Just my opinion.

While on my journey, I was asking God what the truth was. I mean I was angry and I truely wanted to know. After a few weeks, I stumbled onto a web site that talked about the very things I was curious about. It answered my questions in a way that I had not heard of before. I read everything on the web site and I even tried the experiment of asking God for His love, His Divine Love. After about 6 weeks, I felt a burning in my chest and a sensation that was unlike anything I had ever felt. It was pure happiness and peace. I knew then that God had sent His love to me.

While I read the information on the web site, I read about what happens after a person dies. The descriptions were from Celestials and their own journey's to those heaven. They gave descriptions of each step taken and with each one, they became more and more happy. Don't get me wrong, there were some from spirits that were in darkness like Judas. He described how he felt in the darkness and how He thought Jesus would never love him and how wrong he was for doing what he did. He tells of his journey to the celestial heavens where he resides now, still progressing towards God.

As I absorbed the information on that site, pondered over it, I knew that Love was the key to heaven. I knew that nothing else mattered but Love. I soon discovered other web sites that also talked of Divine Love and how important it was that we acquire it in our souls. These other sites also describe heaven and how we progress to attain perfection.

I believe that heaven is a place of progress and that everyone can get out of their darkness, (those who are unloving in their souls), and progress to the Love they were created for.

I believe this because there are over 5000 messages just on this topic and over 10,000 more about our progress, living in Love and that our soul is more important than anything. The messages are from Celestials, Creator Sons, Aliens, Midwayers, family of the receivers and many more. There are more than 10,000 beings who communicate with us.

Yes, I've been called many names but I don't care what others think. I only care that I live in Love so that I can progress through heaven to get to Paradise. And the message are always loving and gentle and are never forced to be believed. All they can do is tell us and then it is only up to us what we want to believe.

Old 09-24-2010, 06:45 PM

405 posts, read 1,279,096 times
When you die your sentence here is over and you return to the netherworld.

Old 09-24-2010, 09:03 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
I have given this a lot of thought over the years and based on my synthesis . . . it seems very likely that we are the architects of our Spirit life. Every thought and feeling we have ever had and will have is part and parcel of the accumulated life energy we have transformed into our consciousness energy. The overall composite will determine our final character and will comprise our reality in the next stage, IMO. We will likely be with compatible Spirits to our own . . . experiencing whatever "refinement" is necessary for as long as necessary. Just my best guess.

Old 09-24-2010, 11:35 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Ahh, come on mystic, you just made that up...Admit it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality