Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 08:53 PM

31 posts, read 67,331 times

Advertisements

I would suggest a book called life after death the evidence by dinesh dsouza where he interviews many people that had been declared dead. How on earth can a woman while being pronounced dead and then being revived know that a doll was top oif a hospital roof when she had never been there. These are just some of the incredible parts of the book.

Slingshot sounds like you have become the authority of life after death. Tell us how do you know this for sure? The answer is you dont. Seems like you are just trying to answer in a way that is slanted towards your biased opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2010, 09:08 PM

465 posts, read 528,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian_catholic View Post
I would suggest a book called life after death the evidence by dinesh dsouza where he interviews many people that had been declared dead. How on earth can a woman while being pronounced dead and then being revived know that a doll was top oif a hospital roof when she had never been there. These are just some of the incredible parts of the book.

Slingshot sounds like you have become the authority of life after death. Tell us how do you know this for sure? The answer is you dont. Seems like you are just trying to answer in a way that is slanted towards your biased opinion.
Well like I said before, all of them are different, so if you do believe in the testimonies, then there is no one singular truth as to what happens when you die.

And even if you did read the testimonies or the book, you still don;t know for sure either...still just hearsay.

Old 08-13-2010, 09:19 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,891,275 times
We don't know. We can faith, we can believe... but we do not have the knowledge. Near death experiences can be nothing more than lack of oxygen, or other chemical reactions in the body and brain.....

We may be reincarnated, go to Heaven or Hell, or become mulch.

I suppose none of the options matter in the long run. If you're reincarnated you get another chance, you go to Heaven or Hell based upon your life, or you cease to exist. Or something in between, or different, or.....

I think because we are self-aware, we are also self-absorbed, and can't imagine that just one life is all there is. This can't be what we are all about, we are more than our limited life span, more than the fraility of our human body. We have thoughts, a spirit... we are more than what we appear.

I'm not sure we have any more significance than a cell that dies in the left quandrant of our liver.

But I don't know.

Old 08-13-2010, 10:21 PM

20,443 posts, read 12,801,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
Think of it this way....what was it like before you were born? That's what it's like after you die.
How do you know this?

Old 08-14-2010, 08:27 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,616,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detmi7mile View Post
Well like I said before, all of them are different, so if you do believe in the testimonies, then there is no one singular truth as to what happens when you die.

And even if you did read the testimonies or the book, you still don;t know for sure either...still just hearsay.
Exactly. So the only thing you're going to get from asking the question in the first place is a lot of arguing based on opinions.

Old 08-14-2010, 09:20 AM

2,004 posts, read 3,418,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
How do you know this?
Just my opinion. It makes sense to me.
As a human we don't really know our spiritual self. What our spirit/soul was like before birth and after death will always be a matter of discussion, IMO.

Old 08-14-2010, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian_catholic View Post

Absolutely correct. Isn't that what everyone does on this subject? Also, when anyone reads a book, they are only reading someone else's take on whatever the book is about. IMO. Besides, how can someone be interviewed after they are dead? Either you are dead or you are not. Being "declared dead" doesn't make you dead. I can declare my friend as being dead but that doesn't make him dead. Again, IMO.

Old 08-14-2010, 10:17 AM

226 posts, read 560,238 times
Those of you that are not believers in the after-life should experience an entity. Yea, I know, laugh all you want. I thought the same thing until I experienced it myself. I was just like you, a non-believer. But let me tell you, there is something more after we die. You only have to experience what I and many others have experienced to believe it.

Old 08-14-2010, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05chevy View Post
Those of you that are not believers in the after-life should experience an entity. Yea, I know, laugh all you want. I thought the same thing until I experienced it myself. I was just like you, a non-believer. But let me tell you, there is something more after we die. You only have to experience what I and many others have experienced to believe it.
There's only one problem. You're not dead. Dead is not "dying" and then coming back to life. Dead is dead.

Old 08-14-2010, 11:16 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,749,721 times
Funny how when I was a Christian, wanting to fit in with my Christian friends and family who were claiming to have experienced such supernatural things like glimpses into the afterlife, I never experienced any of it. I would pray to God begging to be shown his power/glory/love etc, and the only sensation I ever got in return was that of talking to myself under the guise of "prayer". After years of having zero experiences in favor of the existence of God, I finally started to think that maybe it was because he doesn't exist. At least not in the way I was told, if at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality